• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Sometimes when I'm playing online my wiiU will just disconnect and if i try to reenter online mode it denies finding any access point. I have to exit back to the home menu and restart the game.

This only happens with mk8. I've gone hours and hours on mh3 with no problem like this. I'm certain I have a good wifi connection too.

Roo

Random green shells will literally bounce back and forth in front of me simply WAITING for me to cross their path. It's absurd how many times I've been hit by a green shell that seemed to be doing some kind of math to time exactly when I'd cross it. Almost feels scripted.

This is exactly what´s happening to me, I just hear them behind me and I think "what are the chances?" and BAM!, and when they start bouncing in front of me I think "OK, this bitch is going to go left then bounce on the fence, let me get out of it's way..." BAM! in the face.

What in the FLYING fuck?

Fun fact: In Mario Kart Wii, green shells could bounce six times before imminent shatter and unless I counted wrong.. in MK8 they can bounce 10 times before doing the same.

Sometimes when I'm playing online my wiiU will just disconnect and if i try to reenter online mode it denies finding any access point. I have to exit back to the home menu and restart the game.

This only happens with mk8. I've gone hours and hours on mh3 with no problem like this. I'm certain I have a good wifi connection too.

That's what happened to me just recently too. My Wii U wouldn't even connect to my router after I got disconnected and I had to restart the system.

Vylash

This is the exact problem i'm having, no help so far

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

Spinluck

I thought it was my router too. You know, NAT types and firewalls shit. I manually set my connection settings to be sure, I think it may be the game. Maybe they'll patch it up to be able to find matches better? Because I know there are always people playing this lol.

I just spent 6 hours playing this game at a buddy's house. Holy crap. Best Mario Kart ever.

When we first played online, I thought there was some kind of trick going on...it was just too smooth and perfect.

This kind of online experience...in a Nintendo game?

Please Nintendo...make the online as good as this for Smash Bros. Please.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I didn't get to play at all today. Withdrawal set in early in the morning, and by the afternoon I was hearing item boxes and Koopa sounds when the room got silent.
I also hadn't slept in 48 hours

K' Dash

I just spent 6 hours playing this game at a buddy's house. Holy crap. Best Mario Kart ever.

When we first played online, I thought there was some kind of trick going on...it was just too smooth and perfect.

This kind of online experience...in a Nintendo game?

Please Nintendo...make the online as good as this for Smash Bros. Please.

Mario Kart 7 was just as smooth, I don't remember MK Wii tbh.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
question what is the purpose of the coins? can you throw them at people like regular items.

It's like in the original MK on SNES and MK7, coins raise your top speed. The item just gives you 2 coins and a mini speed boost.

jnWake

Raced a lot in NeoGAF tournament/room. Managed to win a couple of races but I had so many chokes it's almost embarassing lol. I used DK in the Princess Orange bike haha.

Nose Master

Local bar had a pretty neat "tournament" last night. "Don't drink and drive." You were given a beer and had to finish it before the race was over. The thing was, you couldn't hold the controller and drink at the same time.

Chugging it at the start seemed to be the way to go. Rubberbanding power-ups all day.

Bullza2o

Is there a way to see your profile in the game including your race W/L records and everything? Iirc MK7 had something like that.

I've had my pro controller for a year now but this was the first game I actually played with it and it's awesome! Used it 10 hours yesterday and several today and it still doesn't need to be charged! It's great not having to charge a controller every day like I have to with my gamepad and ps4 controller. Well bout time to try my luck against GAF again.

MilesTeg

Banned
I love how there are no overly annoying tracks in this game (for me at least). In MKWii online, I absolutely hated people picking Toads Turnpike and Rainbow Road over and over. In this game both of those levels are so much better, and there aren't any others that piss me off really. Good stuff.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
How are y'all playing together? If anyone wants to add me my NID is Deftones

PM me if you add me with yours!

Top Bottom