• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

one_kill

Get knocked off the road twice in a row, fight my way back to 3rd and immediately get chased down by people with three super stars and two bullet bills in the final lap

14dsf8T.gif
It's real shitty sometimes

Getting three stars for 150cc is going to be tough

Mik2121

You guys were giving me a lot of problems! Ended up third doing some stupid stuff with my shrooms...

Edit: Got a network error :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Morfeo's tactics is purposely placing himself in the back so he can bullet bill for the win

My right forearm hurts. Basically from holding down A on the gamepad way too hard... and occasionally tapping R.

I think I might have Kartpal Tunnel syndrome.

Mr. Sam

I'm in shock about how easy public races were. Played four, won four. Well, I say 'won' - I decimated them. On Bowser's Castle, I didn't see another kart after the starting line. Incredible.

Now to try and scrape a mid-table finish in the GAF room.

Mik2121

Am I the only one that doesn't really like Cloudtop Cruise all that much? It's probably one of the best looking levels in the game, and the music is great, yet... I never feel like running through it. The layout, specially the ship part is kinda meh, and running through the clouds doesn't feel like actually running through clouds but frozen marshmallow or something. It feels wrong to me :/

plank

what if you where in last place and get a blue shell item then you get in first place but you still have the same blue shell? Some one should test it out for science.

Tirod

Whoever threw that snipe banana and broke my neck to neck pace with SM...well god damn played. I was laughing so hard at the absurdity of it.

How are the tilt controls anyway? Are they still float like MKWii?
They're definitely better than Wii's.
Don't know about the floatiness, but it takes a while (at least for me) to get drifting down and I kept flying away from the track during the gliding sections.

Woffls

I'm finding Mirror much easier than 150cc. Only done two three GPs and I have three stars on them all. Is this mode generally easier?

Tirod

Man Tirod... Even though the Blue shell helped me I gotta say that was some BS.

Eh it's part of the game, I can deal with it when I do well in races in generally.

But god damn was I swearing when I saw the warning icon in my HUD LOL

Tregard

Soothsayer
Anyone else getting weird item randomisation? I keep getting coins or single mushrooms in 11th or so place, but once I'm in 4th I get constant gold mushrooms and stars. The only time I've got a Blue shell was in 2nd of 10 racers.

Love the game. Couple things I miss:

Holding an item behind you and being able to pick up another item

On screen map

Being able to manually switch focus on replays. The replays are so canned

ASIS

They're definitely better than Wii's.
Don't know about the floatiness, but it takes a while (at least for me) to get drifting down and I kept flying away from the track during the gliding sections.
I'll give it a try when I get the chance to play the game, but unfortunately it seems that it will be a Wiimote + Nunchuck method for me.
Why and when did Nintendo decide to get rid of the fake item box?

WHAT?!!! :(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I popped a super horn and I think someone else either had bananas or shells as well lol. Talk about clusterfuck, I should have saved the replay from that one.

STOP NOW!!!!!

Go to main menu and go to mario kart TV it should still be there in recent highlights!!!!!

Tirod

Holy shit I just rewatched the highlights and it was totally just me using my Super Horn when everyone was bunched up together.

Totally worth it though, working on uploading for y'all.

GimMick

My first impressions on the game so far is that it is harder to control than I thought. Took me a few hours to adapt coming from MK7. I like how the races are not much more cluttered of items anymore, however triple red shells are even deadlier than before, far worse than the blue shell... 1st place is never safe !

Mostly played GP multiplayer with brothers and Time Trial. Scored 2 WRs, with one still standing on Toad's Turnpike after 2 days !

Haven't played online much yet since I heard the servers weren't really stable yet, however I only got 2 dc's when playing in regionals and the private room I played in with friends worked flawlessly for an hour or so. I'll try to get in the GAF tournament later today.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Playing 150cc AI

• Gets hit by red shell
  • Then blue shell
  • Then green shell
  • Then star
  • Then plant
  • finish race last place

Haha, but overall I found 150cc a bit easier than in previous games and much less random. The AI is actually pretty good (as in well done, not as in racing competently). I'm just glad you don't need to meet some intransparent criteria for three stars anymore, 60 points and you're done.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
My first impressions on the game so far is that it is harder to control than I thought. Took me a few hours to adapt coming from MK7. I like how the races are not much more cluttered of items anymore, however triple red shells are even deadlier than before, far worse than the blue shell... 1st place is never safe !

Mostly played GP multiplayer with brothers and Time Trial. Scored 2 WRs, with one still standing on Toad's Turnpike after 2 days !

Haven't played online much yet since I heard the servers weren't really stable yet, however I only got 2 dc's when playing in regionals and the private room I played in with friends worked flawlessly for an hour or so. I'll try to get in the GAF tournament later today.

LAIR, because nothing in this post has any hatred for the green shells

Top Bottom