• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

this is the first racing game I have been distracted by the beauty of the track

I did not think I would see a rainbow coming from the spray of the waterfalls but here it was and here I went right off the cliffside

Mr. Sam

I just got the credits after getting a bronze in my final cup. Why would you do that, Nintendo? You know I didn't earn those credits - I couldn't even stay on the god damn track on Rainbow Road!

Robin64

I see how Time Trial leaderboards for friends work now

Basically, when you upload a ghost, you get the option of attaching a Miiverse post. If you do, the leaderboards can fetch that post for friends and you appear on their ghost list. But you can upload a ghost without a Miiverse post too, in which case the leaderboard can’t especially go and fetch it for your friends.

Basically, if you want your times to appear for friends, attach a Miiverse post.

Getting Miiverse posts...

wiiu_screenshot_gamepe0shl.jpg

Boom! Friends who submitted a time and attached a post appear.

wiiu_screenshot_gamepfns72.jpg

Edit: Though it's not perfect. Jucksalbe's time there shows 1:150.215 because that's the best one he attached a Miiverse post to. Downloading his ghost, though, shows a time of 1:47.145, which was his best upload but with no post attached.

Basically, Nintendo, get your act together and implement a proper leaderboard.

Mik2121

Who's Koren in the game? Anyway hitting people when running by them just because. I wasn't even in your way and you just drove by and hit me out of the tracks into the dirt 3 times.
That shit isn't cool, and it's even worse when in the end you reach the goal almost last, so you were just messing with people without actually getting higher ranks.

Mik2121

Well that was weird. I got hit by the lightning item and it affected me like it would have been a star, so I was invincible until the end of the race (we were on the last 15 secs or so, anyway).

Robin64

Guys what's the best cart and characters to use for time trials?

The current top times are such a mixed bag on that front, there's probably not a strict best. A good thing to do is go to "More Ghosts", download the one at the top and see what they do.

masud

Banned
You know how you have to vote on a track before you can post something in the lobby? Well I was trying to say goodbye to the room before going to bed but everyone voted really quickly and another race started. Ended up playing for another 2 hours...

This game.

ViviOggi

Get knocked off the road twice in a row, fight my way back to 3rd and immediately get chased down by people with three super stars and two bullet bills in the final lap

14dsf8T.gif

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
game is so good. was playing in GAF tourney just now with 1 other guy. about to get my first 1st and 'you have been disconnected' :(

also coming 3rd on last lap and 2 reds followed by a something else is a special rage feeling. I get the feeling 2nd place is by far the safest place to be.

Mik2121

HypnoDarkrai you almost gave me a heart attack when I looked behind and saw and you were occupying pretty much my whole screen (you were right behind me!)

Top Bottom