• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Meohsix

it's easier to come in first on 150cc then it is playing you guys online :p
played like 3 hours and only finished 1st twice.

Andrew.

Banned
Just started playing this after tearing myself from Watch_Dogs.

Fuck this game is polished to all hell. Looks utterly beautiful. The color. My eyes. The goggles, they do nothing.

500 Nintendo points? How does the work? I don't get it with WW?

I can only speak from buying the launch version of the Wii U so if I get something wrong please correct me GAF...

Owners of the 32 GB Deluxe edition of the Wii U were able to enroll in the Deluxe Digital Promotion. Basically if you bought a $59.99 game on the Wii U eShop you'd get 599 points...$9.99 gets 99 points...and so on. Every 500 points gets you a code to get $5 in eShop credit.

also I picked NSMBU as my free game and got the full 599 points...helped me get $10 in eShop credit

mqvkep.gif

I don't like the first few turns of the first lap on Nu-Rainbow Road.

blitz64

A little off topic, but since I cannot afford to own this. Should MK7 quench that thirst? Besides gravity, is it that much different?

Its the same thing. But I can't play on a 3ds for too long, the screen is too small.

I can play on big screen TV all day.

Doorman

I have NO IDEA what to do on the jumping notes section. NONE. I am free to Music Park

For the MK8 remade version of Music Park, they even added three "metronome ticks" before the music notes land and cause the bounce. Frankly though I think relying on those actually messes me up a little, I tend to try and rush that "beat" and wind up missing out on the trick-boost.

Albo

Damn, had a sweet 6 streak 1st place finishes going before that chaotic moo moo meadows race broke it. Starting first in line usually helps to get away from that at the start.

watershed

Banned
Every video playthrough I see makes me want to buy a Wii U just for this game. This is the closest I've ever been to buying any system based solely on the draw of one amazing looking game. If Nintendo shows an impressive Wii U line up at E3, I may not be able to resist any longer.

Jigolo

well who knew gaffers were good at video games. I just came in last twice in a row. lol

cake place and electrodome

Top Bottom