• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Busaiku

Seriously, every time I get hit, it's everyone ganging up on me.
I get hit by a Shell, wait after I recover, there are 3 more Shells waiting to hit me.

Codeblue

I feel like there's a lot of camaraderie at the the back. I'm always happy when I see someone I've been scrapping with make it all the way to the top.

Also it's a good laugh lobbing shells into big packs of racers.

I feel like it's Lord of the Flies back there.

You know, thinking about it, the anti-grav is pretty important in that the straddlers in the back aren't just being distanced even farther away from the lead group because of the all the item barrages, they can also take advantage of the crowdedness of that 5-12th place to boost up.

So the gap isn't just constantly increasing between the lead and the pack.

Fey

Banned
who is march
iuY4yM7oFoiyD.gif

which one of you is march
iuY4yM7oFoiyD.gif

managing to get ahead of me every single race
iuY4yM7oFoiyD.gif

answering my "I'll get you next time!" spams with "Good luck!"
iuY4yM7oFoiyD.gif

FleenerW

Got 1st in a GAF match!

I'm good at hitting almost every tree on Mount Wario. (Unfortunately not the ones you can do tricks on...)

MilesTeg

Banned
I'm not sure 2 player online is 60fps, most likely locked 30fps. It doesn't seem as smooth, but it's not as huge a downgrade like MKWii was.

Recall

You know, thinking about it, the anti-grav is pretty important in that the straddlers in the back aren't just being distanced even farther away from the lead group because of the all the item barrages, they can also take advantage of the crowdedness of that 5-12th place to boost up.

So the gap isn't just constantly increasing between the lead and the pack.

Add in the fact the game loves to endlessly shower you with mushrooms.

Guys, I want to buy this, but I am falling $5 short from getting it -_-
I know it is a lot to ask, but can someone please PayPal me $5? I will return them to you at the end of the month, and it will help me join in the fun sooner =)

The Lamp

Guys, I want to buy this, but I am falling $5 short from getting it -_-
I know it is a lot to ask, but can someone please PayPal me $5? I will return them to you at the end of the month, and it will help me join in the fun sooner =)

Are you aware of the $49.99 Frys deal? I price matched it at Best Buy. You can do it at Target too.

Did anyone volunteer to make the tournament/online multiplayer MK8 thread? Do we still want it, and if so, what forum should it go in, maybe Gaming Community?

I could make a very simple one and then maintain updating the main post with new codes for our NeoGAF rooms (whenever people in the thread make new ones), as I suspect we'll be changing them from time to time as they get spread around too much.

Stoze

Aight I'm going do a few 100cc cups and then watch Game of Thrones. Thanks for the games GAF, I'll be back on later.

rpmurphy you are my sworn rival.

Xamdou

So I get a free game with MK8, should I go for Zelda: Wind Waker or Pikmen 3? Will I get better load times if Zelda: WW or Pikmen 3 are downloaded compared to disc?

Weird, my controls started acting up in the GAF tourney, I had to quit two of them because my kart would only tun left. I've never experienced anything like that before. :/

Top Bottom