• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

mqvkep.gif

I don't like the first few turns of the first lap on Nu-Rainbow Road.

I'm a pretty calm dude but for whatever reason stuff like this is infuriating me in MK8. Still having a blast overall though.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Donut plains on 150 cc is a fucking nightmare, its too short, and getting hit by one item will cost you first place, fucking shit ass map.

BM8

Neo Member
Are they going to patch battle mode arenas in?

I want to believe part of the reason they gave early buyers a free game, up until the end of july, is for the lack of arenas. That they'll be making a DLC pack in the future.

Hopefully.

lt519

Ok, GAF Hourpalooza starts at 10 EST (40 minutes) with code:

2688-1391-6675

You can join at anytime to start practicing, scores are reset and everyone is booted and must rejoin at the start time.

I'll give 15 and 5 minute warnings on the board.

Played some battle mode on the Gaf battle tourney side and...while it's kind of fun, the tracks are not modified or really designed to work with a battle mode at all

It could be utterly amazing if they could just provide some courses that are designed for the mode, but as is - you have to awkwardly drive around hoping someone doesn't green shell you while you try and turn the other way. Donut Plains is a pretty fun track to battle on thanks to the water sections tho. Just wish they had given that side of MK a little more love

Is there a way to slo-mo parts up when you upload a run to Youtube? I can do it when I watch a replay but when it replays the video after I choose to share it I can't slow anything down.

Top Bottom