• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Yeah, I'm sure you know the place I'm referring to!

Worth it to wait the extra day or two anyway, as you'll end up paying more for the privilege of getting it early. Sadly I'm a sucker and will be unable to resist :(

Hope you manage to avoid the 't-shirt situation', too. An unfortunate pre-order bonus for postage, this time.

Definitely. Plus a train ride to Glasgow ain't cheap these days. I don't know of any independent game stores in Edinburgh except Game Masters, but they're mostly all retro.

I can wait until Thursday / Friday anyway, but the shirt would screw me over until Monday night if doesn't fit through the letterbox. My friends are all planning on playing this weekend, so it would be a huge bummer to miss out on that. Fingers crossed it'll be there waiting for me on Thursday rather than a small red slip. :/

Jackano

Are all those posting that they have it from France - or am I missing something?

Usually everyone shits on street dates here. Has been like this since for a few years now. Even had meltdowns when GTA V released (or was it GTA IV?).
Dispatching logistics are bad (I believe), so they send the copies sooner rather later to retailers, and they sell them as soon as they have it.

Edit: Game is good btw. Just to said it myself, it's gorgeous too. Between this, Pikmin 3 and TWWHD, what awesome colors everywhere.

Yeah same here. Thought it would look nice on my office, but 20 is too much. Would've bitten for a tenner.

On Nintendo's site you also got a t shirt and keyring for the additional money.

10 would do the trick :D
Well, a friend of mine told me the game could be on sale on wednesday over here ( Netherlands, he works a Saturn a very big store ). A lot of stores are closed on thursday in the Netherlands and I'm afraid shipping from the Nintendo on thursday also isn't an option.
A keyring and T-shirt would be nice though. The spiny shell alone isn't worth it for me personally.

Zemm

Ah nice, some streams! Completed transistor last week and have been waiting for MK since. These streams should tide me over until Friday.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Usually everyone shits on street dates here. Has been like this since for a few years now. Even had meltdowns when GTA V released (or was it GTA IV?).
Dispatching logistics are bad (I believe), so they send the copies sooner rather later to retailers, and they sell them as soon as they have it.

Edit: Game is good btw. Just to said it myself, it's gorgeous too. Between this, Pikmin 3 and TWWHD, what awesome colors everywhere.

Whereabouts in PAL-Land did you get it? France?

Dinjooh

Does anyone know which languages MK8 will be available in? Probably gonna stick to English, but the Danish translations can at times be hilarious.

Nester

So unbelievably excited for this. We're streaming for 72 hours straight from Midnight launch download through till pretty much right after WWE Payback on Sunday. It's going to be a long, fun weekend. :)

I know it's kind of silly but I've been trying to go spoiler free. Part of the fun for me is discovering the courses. All I really know is about the horn item and the koopas. Friday can't come soon enough!

Shaii

Does anyone know which languages MK8 will be available in? Probably gonna stick to English, but the Danish translations can at times be hilarious.

Probably the normal EU translation, English, Spanish, Italian, German and French. No chance for a Danish translation..

legoracersslutomgbadword.jpg

Jackano

Whereabouts in PAL-Land did you get it? France?

Yep. Just played online and in regional settings there was 10 from France and 1 from Greece, and the last one from Austria, if this is any indication of which countries broke the street date :) Regional settings are usually all Europe iirc?
PS: Your avatar/nickname kicks ass. I love your song ^^

If I knew I would have try to register at twich and stream something... Does the streamers are playing online or do they play single player too? Because I did some nice gameplay solo but got my ass kicked online :/

This game looks so amazing. The art direction perfectly captures what I love about the Mario universe. I like when they look like toys in a real life setting. That's why I love the style in the Galaxy games.

This is the first Nintendo console I haven't bought on day one and looking at this game makes me wanna run out and buy one. We'll see how long I hold out until I cave. lol

Top Bottom