• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Call them?

That wouldn't work unfortunately for today, my shop always gets shipments on Monday and Thursdays and the persons at the service-area you reach when you call always only look at their PC system to see if things are available. Thing is, even if they got Mario Kart today they usually don't update the inventory in their PCs till the very late evening right before they close so I actually have to ask the guys who handle the shipments :/

Yeah I know this store very well and the shop knows me very well :p

Get game, actually get cold. Call in sick. Your time to play MK8 has just drastically increased :p

Don't do that

Well that's a good idea! :D Unfortunately as a student I would only shoot myself in the foot like that :p

Shaii

France, Paris, Place de la République: just bought it a few minutes ago. French retailers are broking the street release date. Can't wait to leave the office.

NNID: DrWong

Legitimately thinking about going on a road-trip to Paris to pick it up.. I've got 3 buddies who are in on the idea.. Man...

EDIT: It's only 1000 km. What could possibly go wrong?

KHlover

Banned
That wouldn't work unfortunately for today, my shop always gets shipments on Monday and Thursdays and the persons at the service-area you reach when you call always only look at their PC system to see if things are available. Thing is, even if they got Mario Kart today they usually don't update the inventory in their PCs till the very late evening right before they close so I actually have to ask the guys who handle the shipments :/

Yeah I know this store very well and the shop knows me very well :p

Well that's a good idea! :D Unfortunately as a student I would only shoot myself in the foot like that :p

It also wouldn't have been the best idea had you been working (depending on your job and company), hence I told you not to do it :p

It also wouldn't have been the best idea had you been working (depending on your job and company), hence I told you not to do it :p

Oh I know I know I was just being sarcastic here :p The last time I called in sick for no reason was in 12th grade when I would have had French 4 hours in a row due to some rescheduling for that day only. Nothing against the language but I just couldn't warm up with it, I picked Spanish but was forced to take French since the Spanish course was full :/

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Also having a feast day at thursday? Here's hoping amazon will ship early for that reason, they sometimes did in the past :D
This is also my hope. If it's not dispatched by tomorrow noon, I'll drop the steelbook and go for a download code from Game.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
France, Paris, Place de la République: just bought it a few minutes ago. French retailers are broking the street release date. Can't wait to leave the office.

No problem I'll wait for my copy from amazon.
L9fMrqo.gif

B00TE

Going to a Watch Dogs midnight release with my brother tonight, though the main plan for me is to just play mario kart 8 all night until he gets his game. Maybe see if we can get some four player going on it.

KHlover

Banned
This is also my hope. If it's not dispatched by tomorrow noon, I'll drop the steelbook and go for a download code from Game.

Some time over the weekend my order status was upgraded from "pre-ordered" to "Not dispatched yet", so here's hoping :D

Yup. I hope the holiday on Thursday doesn't screw them up somehow. The downside is they also never ship early in my experience.
Can't confirm. Got a few games one or two days early from amazon. Wind Waker HD and Skyward Sword come to mind :D

Dinjooh

Legitimately thinking about going on a road-trip to Paris to pick it up.. I've got 3 buddies who are in on the idea.. Man...

EDIT: It's only 1000 km. What could possibly go wrong?

That's quite the premium you guys will pay for the game. It would amount to around 200 euros in gasoline alone - for me to drive 1000km each way.

I'm 1.150 kilometers away, i'll be waiting for the car to arrive soon-ish.

Shaii

That's quite the premium you guys will pay for the game. It would amount to around 200 euros in gasoline alone - for me to drive 1000km each way.

I'm 1.150 kilometers away, i'll be waiting for the car to arrive soon-ish.

We estimate it to be around 150 euro, give or take.. Split between 4 people.. Manageable for a crew of overly hyped fanatics.. Could be quite a trip!

OwlyKnees

I doubt any UK stores will break street dates. Perhaps smaller, independents. Nintendo are quick to pull the trigger on those selling early. There is a chance they'll come down on those French stores selling early like a tonne of bricks. Still, it doesn't affect the buyer, so get it early if you can!

If you shop online though, it's likely people will get their copy on Thursday. Various online retailers have the game in-stock and are prepping for delivery. They will be shipped on Wednesday - usually this means it turns up Thursday, but it depends on the post.

It will be available in Glasgow tomorrow. If you live in Glasgow, then you know where to go. They really do not follow through with punishment for this, as the stores have been selling games 3-4 days early for decades now.

Excited!

hazukash

I don't think I've been this excited about a game since Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver, which is basically my favourite game.

Too bad there's no Dry Bones or more GBA tracks. Still hoping for DLC.

It will be available in Glasgow tomorrow. If you live in Glasgow, then you know where to go. They really do not follow through with punishment for this, as the stores have been selling games 3-4 days early for decades now.

Excited!

I live in Edinburgh, so not far! I doubt I can make it to Glasgow tomorrow though, so I'll be waiting the extra day or two. My guess is that it's a small independent store. I can probably guess which one it may be. ;) Let me know if you get it!

Well DutchGAF is out of luck. There's no shop selling and the pre-orders go out on wednesday, which means we'll get it either Friday or Saturday, since Thursday is a national holiday over here, which in turn means that POSTNL is going to have 2 days worth of work. We all know what that means..

Dinjooh

Well DutchGAF is out of luck. There's no shop selling and the pre-orders go out on wednesday, which means we'll get it either Friday or Saturday, since Thursday is a national holiday over here, which in turn means that POSTNL is going to have 2 days worth of work. We all know what that means..

I came to the same conclusion here in Denmark. They're usually 50/50 if I get it on release, but after a national holiday? I'm not risking anything - i'll be at the store when it opens.

OwlyKnees

I live in Edinburgh, so not far! I doubt I can make it to Glasgow tomorrow though, so I'll be waiting the extra day or two. My guess is that it's a small independent store. I can probably guess which one it may be. ;) Let me know if you get it!

Yeah, I'm sure you know the place I'm referring to!

Worth it to wait the extra day or two anyway, as you'll end up paying more for the privilege of getting it early. Sadly I'm a sucker and will be unable to resist :(

Hope you manage to avoid the 't-shirt situation', too. An unfortunate pre-order bonus for postage, this time.

Putosaure

Those stores at Répu breaking the release date are not even fun anymore.
I'll wait quietly for my game to be shipped. Have fun for now, you mofo :)

The hype is real!

I just invited a bunch of friend to come play this weekend, most of them are not big gamers, i have already 5 people coming to play this saturday.

Yazoo91

Neo Member

Excited!

I was going to post this exact same thing, one of my friends is getting it from this place. As tempted as I am, think I will just wait since I have the blue shell edition coming in the post. Not too confident in my ability here right enough...

A friend asked me earlier about the TRU deal where you can get another Wii U game for 40% off and if it worked online since he was gonna be out of town.

If you're still in need of some Wii U games, this is probably your best option and you can actually take advantage of the deal right now (as opposed to in stores which only lasts Fri/Sat)

LNiBo1K.png

hwy_61

Banned
A friend asked me earlier about the TRU deal where you can get another Wii U game for 40% off and if it worked online since he was gonna be out of town.

If you're still in need of some Wii U games, this is probably your best option and you can actually take advantage of the deal right now (as opposed to in stores which only lasts Fri/Sat)

LNiBo1K.png

I'm gonna pay $0 for Wind Waker! Beat that!

batbeg

Wow. I was making sure I had room for the game and clearing up demos when I thought to finally check the OP. 4.9 gigabytes, I love that Nintendo efficiency. That will still leave me with 6 gigabytes left, plenty left for Wind Waker HD, Shovelknight and more :D

Cheddahz

Banned

LNiBo1K.png

Does TRU usually deliver games the day they are released?

Wiz

So my Wii U external Hard Drive died recently...and because I have a basic console (don't judge) I won't have enough space for digital. I just pre-ordered a physical copy from Amazon, should be here on release day.

Are there any updates/other downloads in addition to the save data? Basically how much data will this game take up on my system memory? I have about 1 gig left on it...

BowieZ

Banned
So does anyone know in Yoshi Valley whether

- the mini map on the GamePad shows where everyone is?
- it's the longest track? (looks it from what I've seen)
- you can do the jump across the gap near the end before the giant egg?

Roo

So does anyone know in Yoshi Valley whether

- the mini map on the GamePad shows where everyone is?
- it's the longest track? (looks it from what I've seen)
- you can do the jump across the gap near the end before the giant egg?

-Yes
-We don't know yet
-No

Cheddahz

Banned
Well, just ended up getting DKC:TF and MK8 through TRU, so looks like I'm making a trip to Gamestop to cancel my MK8 order there

Top Bottom