• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

NateDrake

Mario Kart 7 did. And it did with your friends as well.

I presume the same will happen with 8.

MK8 shows records against friends and random racers - just like MK7 did. An overall record isn't kept as there is no Mario Kart channel/profile option in the game. This *could* be part of the phone app, but that is my own speculation.

4 days are enough to visit Chicago

That ad bit them in the ass so bad after that delay lol.

ubisoftpls24byh.png

J@hranimo

Banned
Just had this thought while out today: Do we know if Team Races are back? I don't think they are but I'm not sure. That'd be an awesome option to have even if it is just for Tournaments.

Oidisco

Just had this thought while out today: Do we know if Team Races are back? I don't think they are but I'm not sure. That'd be an awesome option to have even if it is just for Tournaments.

Pretty sure I saw Team Races as an option for Tournaments in a video.

J@hranimo

Banned
Pretty sure I saw Team Races as an option for Tournaments in a video.

Yessss that's great, thanks. Can't wait!

Also I dunno if this has been linke already, but this stream is kinda decent with online races. Also Andre from GameXplain is racing with them.

Lé Blade Runner;113533825 said:
I have to say: the soundtrack in this game is amazing. Seems to be a trend with Nintendo's first-party games these days, too. So nice!

Yeah every time I'm out riding around town I listen to the soundtrack. Dolphin Shoals is sooooooooo good!

Blues1990

I've just learned that the Electrodome is the first course in the series to have one word in it's name, a first in the Mario Kart series.

45822-Keanu-Bill-and-Ted-whoa-gif-Yr7D.gif

Mine01

I have my last exam this friday at 8 40 am.

Ill take 2 buses from school to the mall and then 2 more to my home to finally play this game.

FINALLY.

my gf is really tired of me talking about mk8.

It's just beggining.

I have my last exam this friday at 8 40 am.

Ill take 2 buses from school to the mall and then 2 more to my home to finally play this game.

FINALLY.

my gf is really tired of me talking about mk8.

It's just beggining.

My wife is tired of me and my 5 year old talking about it lol. I know the feeling.

Ugh the wait gets painful :/ All my friends are done with LoL for the day and I have finished my things for university for tomorrow too so all I'm doing now is sitting here and watching Mario Kart 8 streams before I call it a day :(

Finally got around to adding my name on the spreadsheet. I probably won't be too active at first since I will be devoting my time to local multiplayer sessions. I'm trying to get a copy at midnight. Hope to see all you guys online soon!

That kinda sucks. Aren't there games that can be played entirely on the gamepad? (I just bought a Wii U last week lol)
Yes there are and, if it's true menus must be viewed on the TV, that defeats the whole point of Off TV Play. That has to be wrong...or Nintendo has gone crazy.

Ellite25

Yes there are and, if it's true menus must be viewed on the TV, that defeats the whole point of Off TV Play. That has to be wrong...or Nintendo has gone crazy.

Agree. It would make absolutely no sense. Sure if the gamepad can display the races there would be no issue with it displaying the menus.

I showed my brother, who has gone off Nintendo gaming for the past coupe of years, a 60 fps video of Electrodrome and it sparked his interest... he didn't admit to being excited, but I could see the thrill in his eyes.

Top Bottom