• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

PopeReal

My girlfriend is sick of hearing about mario kart too. She is more interested in pikmin 3 because I told her she gets to boss them around.

MilesTeg

Banned
Will get game be real eased on midnight on your timezone?

hope not so i can download it at 9pm like I did with Pokemon

I asked this on Gamefaqs, and multiple people said it should be up by 12am EST. So if you're west coast I imagine you can download at 9pm.

There was nothing worse than going digital release on PS3 at midnight only to not be able to download until 12am pacific (3am for me).

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
this friday's gun b good. MK8, Layton vs AA and Kirby for me. when I'll ever find time to play all this I don't have a soddin clue

also, I feel sad for all the fellas who put their names on the list since I cant add everyone, list is full already. Goddamn Nintendo do something about this crap..

prag16

Banned
My wife is tired of me and my 5 year old talking about it lol. I know the feeling.
My 2 year old won't stop talking about it ever since he saw a promo video at walmart.

He had seen Mario (and is adept at walking him off cliffs or jumping in place in NSMBU and SM3DW). But the idea of Mario driving blew his little mind. "Mario driving car" is all I've heard all week. After being told he has to wait until Friday, "No, I want Mario drive car NOW," sometimes followed by a mini tantrum. I could let him play MK Wii, but I don't want to spoil it!!

There's little to no chance he'll be able to competently control the game for awhile yet, but damned if he won't try.

My 2 year old won't stop talking about it ever since he saw a promo video at walmart.

He had seen Mario (and is adept at walking him off cliffs or jumping in place in NSMBU and SM3DW). But the idea of Mario driving blew his little mind. "Mario driving car" is all I've heard all week. After being told he has to wait until Friday, "No, I want Mario drive car NOW," sometimes followed by a mini tantrum. I could let him play MK Wii, but I don't want to spoil it!!

There's little to no chance he'll be able to competently control the game for awhile yet, but damned if he won't try.

Awww that is awesome! I get a great deal of joy introducing my child to my childhood characters. My little girl has been asking since last week how many days until Mario Kart 8? So we've been marking off on the Calendar.

hwy_61

Banned
I hope they allow you to preorder the game on eshop before midnight Friday. Actually, now that I think about it, you would have to be up anyway to start the download so the preorder is probably moot.

I was kinda hoping that the early digital release thing they did for WWHD would become a thing...Obviously not as early as WW dropped, but a day or two at least would be nice. Oh well.

I hope they allow you to preorder the game on eshop before midnight Friday. Actually, now that I think about it, you would have to be up anyway to start the download so the preorder is probably moot.

Nah, doesn't the system automatically download updates and stuff? I think it could totally do preorders if they wanted.

Lebon14

I don't know if you guys have seen this:
lPD0WWi.jpg

The Handle Stand for Wii U, available for order on Play-Asia and spotted by the good folks at Tiny Cartridge, attaches the entire GamePad onto a pivoting base. The setup looks like it would provide some greater stability than just holding the GamePad on its own, and it even comes with a detachable Wii Remote steering wheel option for those who prefer a more classic grip.

It just needs the pedals now :p
Personally, I don't like motion controls but this look cool enough to be an alternative to the wheel.

Oh and, if it's not old, can't make thread for it. So, I posted that here.

Mumford

So I posted my NNID in the Spreadsheet, feel free to add me! I'll be picking the game up on launch day, I'm pretty excited to say the least. Also, I'm super interested in any potential GAF tournaments! Any official word on that?

Mik2121

Glad they release on Thursdays here.

Apparently the reasoning for Thursday releases is that they can get the first batch of sales on Thursday, see how it did, and then on Friday prepare the next shipment and get tons of extra copies on Saturday. Sounds good to me!

prag16

Banned
I don't know if you guys have seen this:

It just needs the pedals now :p
Personally, I don't like motion controls but this look cool enough to be an alternative to the wheel.

Oh and, if it's not old, can't make thread for it. So, I posted that here.
Balance board "pedals". Do it Nintendo. (or Slightly Mad for Project CARS.)

Awh that's adorable :')

javac

You know what's crazy? E3 is basically a week or so away but I'm not even thinking about it. Although waiting for Mario Kart sucks, at least I get to play something at the end of the wait. E3 is always so anti-climatic. "Here's all these awesome games! You won't get to touch them until the end of the year at best!"

Mario Kart is making the wait easier and more rewarding. I'll get Mario Kart and before I know it, I'll be watching the Digital Event with the grand unveiling of Zelda. Man...

Insaniac

I KNOW. I complained about that on Miiverse and someone in a similar situation gave me the button combination I needed to press to enter off tv mode haha. Ridiculous.

at least its not like Monster Hunter, where when you enter the menu its at whatever you last had it on, so you never can consistently do it by memory :(

big_erk

And this is why Nintendo is awesome. While I love my 360, PS3, and Vita, they don't hold a candle to the multi-generational appeal of Nintendo consoles and games.

Played the demo yesterday that was available at GAME. Entire cast was selectable for some reason, they didn't hold back. Controls were kinda weird for Wii-U pad at first but you get used to them pretty quick, driving is way more responsive than MK Wii so my worries have been set aside. I'm ready.

OmahaG8

Stupid question for like minded individuals.

If I haven't played Pikmin 1/2, and generally like Nintendo games (Wii Party/Sports), would anybody be able to suggest one over the other for any personal reasons?

AdanVC

Awww that is awesome! I get a great deal of joy introducing my child to my childhood characters. My little girl has been asking since last week how many days until Mario Kart 8? So we've been marking off on the Calendar.

Parenting done right. You guys are the coolest dads! This is the magic of Nintendo :')

Azuran

Banned
WAIT A MINUTE.

How could they have the Koopalings but not Bowser Jr???

Wtf???

Nintendo likes replacing good characters with lame ones. See the disappearance of ROB, Dry Bones and Diddy Kong for more examples. The Koopalings have existed for more than 20 years, and yet, they all have less personality and development combined than Bowser Jr..

Stupid question for like minded individuals.

If I haven't played Pikmin 1/2, and generally like Nintendo games (Wii Party/Sports), would anybody be able to suggest one over the other for any personal reasons?

Not entirely sure what you're asking, but if it's whether you should choose Pikmin 3 or Wii Party U from the MK8 promotion, the answer is Pikmin 3.

Mistle

You know what's crazy? E3 is basically a week or so away but I'm not even thinking about it. Although waiting for Mario Kart sucks, at least I get to play something at the end of the wait. E3 is always so anti-climatic. "Here's all these awesome games! You won't get to touch them until the end of the year at best!"

Mario Kart is making the wait easier and more rewarding. I'll get Mario Kart and before I know it, I'll be watching the Digital Event with the grand unveiling of Zelda. Man...
I hope the direct has some excitement/production values to it this year, and isn't just a white background and "take a look at this"

So freaking stoked for this game! I would love to get added on to the spreadsheet but I don't really get how? If someone could help me out I would appreciate it! I'm not on GAF much (mostly just hang out in SmashGAF almost exclusively) but I'll be playing this game so much I thought it might be good to make some friends over in this thread too!

NNID - JediKnightLink
Time zone - USA (mountain time zone)
Thanks to anyway that can help me get added to the spreadsheet and anyone who would like to add me, I love making new friends!

Top Bottom