• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

m0t0k1

Mario Kart 7 was always laggy and I assume this is the same on wireless.

Where are you geographically? I'm worried if it's on my end and it's causing problems.

Never noticed any difference between Wired and Wireless but my wii u is practicly next to my router. I only get a bit higher speeds on wired but it is still stable.

codhand

One day I'm gonna win one of these races, it'll be something I tell my grandchildren about.
Edit: 2nd, so close!

images

http://youtu.be/M0tEVbkUHt4
Got around to uploading my version of this horrific blue shell attack from last night! Comparing the the two replays shows there must be some rollback cos i only get barged at the end in my clip not the other.

http://youtu.be/cN7jStvqAPQ
Also 150cc Dolphin Shoals, the cpu is brutal on this course! I was winning most of the race then on the last corner screwed up a drift, cpu overtakes me but i dart for a mushroom in the road, nail her with a shell and stole back my win!

Smilax

Yep, they're all a cakewalk. Suppose it's so everyone can get all the stamps.

And there are no Expert Ghosts either :(

There is only one way to solve this!

Time for us GAF members to share our ghost datas and have one huge leaderboard! Best time gets bragging rights. :p

Berg

So no 3 star emblem on your name for 3 staring each cup?
is there a stamp or anything?
I at least get to brag about the gold wii wheel next to my name ;)

MicH

Got 1 star in the 150CC special cup. I'm proud of myself. I really hate the Dry Bowser stage

Currently listening to the credits theme. God, it is so good

Jucksalbe

Banned
There is only one way to solve this!

Time for us GAF members to share our ghost datas and have one huge leaderboard! Best time gets bragging rights. :p

I've uploaded my ghosts for the first few tracks. I think you're on my friend list, aren't you? Feel free to destroy my times.

Getting three stars on everything gives you
......nothing......

Robin64

I at least get to brag about the gold wii wheel next to my name ;)

Nope, no emblem and no stamp. Literally nothing! You can post a screenshot on Miiverse and brag about it, I guess.

Smilax

I've uploaded my ghosts for the first few tracks. I think you're on my friend list, aren't you? Feel free to destroy my times.

Strange huh? We have each other added on the Wii U but when it came to the 3DS we didn't. I'll make sure to check them out!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder why the time trials are so half-assed here. They were so good in DKC TF, so it's not like they don't know how do to this shit right

Proper leaderboards and replay functions would've been so awesome for this mode

Nope, no emblem and no stamp. Literally nothing! You can post a screenshot on Miiverse and brag about it, I guess.

I miss those three stars on my name when playing online MK7

Davey Cakes

I need to join the GAF online races at some point.

Anyway, my party on Saturday went really well. 4-player split-screen is a blast. Game looks beautiful regardless of the lack of AA. The tracks are really fun (Flower and Star Cups are beastly). I was really happy we were unlocking content as we went along, too. That said, there were times where people didn't get Gold. We sort of went between 100cc and 150cc, with the latter feeling like a legitimate challenge.

Also, as expected I love using Baby Rosalina for some reason.

Good times. Looking forward to playing more.

Top Bottom