• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

devonodev

This game has too many laps.
On the basis that I was 1st at end of lap 2, then 5th when it ended and now I'm sad.

Sending my complaint to Ninty now

Damn you NintenGAF... Damn you straight to hell. I just got back from Italy! I can't afford the MK Wii U bundle! There's only 4 damn games I want to play anyway! Fuck. It's on hold at Game Stop.

devonodev

It's interesting how many players posting here seem to be new to the Mario kart franchise. It's great to see this game pulling in long lost or new gamers to the Wii U.

I'll join for a bit.
I have MK7, but the last MK game that had me hooked was DS. Loving this game

Zing

Banned
Well I joined the GAF tournament and I am literally the only person in the room.

Oh I see. The old weekly tournament has been abandoned.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Does this game have something that controls like the Mach Bike in Mario Kart Wii with the inner drift? I'm having trouble finding something I'm comfortable with :\
There are four bikes that can inside drift: Sport Bike, Comet, Jet Bike, and Yoshi Bike. All of them have exactly the same stats.

They're not quite as good as the Mach Bike and Flame Runner were in MKWii, but I think they're pretty good. They can't do really sharp turns, but they can take most corners fine.

devonodev

There are four bikes that can inside drift: Sport Bike, Comet, Jet Bike, and Yoshi Bike. All of them have exactly the same stats.

They're not quite as good as the Mach Bike and Flame Runner were in MKWii, but I think they're pretty good. They can't do really sharp turns, but they can take most corners fine.
I'm using Comet, I like it's handling

Exile20

This game has too many laps.
On the basis that I was 1st at end of lap 2, then 5th when it ended and now I'm sad.

Sending my complaint to Ninty now
That feeling of being first at the end only to realize it was the second lap. More feels at the end of the third lap when you come 6th.

Revven

Gonna be playing lots of Mirror Mode to unlock stuff and try to three star stuff before I jump back online with you guys.

Last time I checked, you were in the top 20 Greg in the tournament! Good job!
That's only because the points are glitched to get stuck at wherever you were above 1000 when the points resets. In reality I'm probably not in the top 100 :'(
I think it's just because the tournament is set up to run weekly from Monday-Monday.
Ah OK, the 1000 points thing isn't going to be enough though at the rate we're playing. I know there are several people who are really at 3000 points now.

It's going to be a looooooong day at work :{

That's only because the points are glitched to get stuck at wherever you were above 1000 when the points resets. In reality I'm probably not in the top 100 :'(

Ah OK, the 1000 points thing is going to be enough though at the rate we're playing. I know there are several people who are really at 3000 points now.

It's going to be a looooooong day at work :{

That's quite a bug.

Yokai

Any way to change my mii a nickname? Kinda didn't think about online use when I made it. Thought it would use my NNID.

PS. Game's totally rad.

Top Bottom