• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I honestly find the blooper to be pretty good in this game. It's totally fucked me over on missing bananas and sloppier drifting since I usually go in as tight as possible. It noticeably impacts handling which made me go off the edge on RR64 which I never do. It's also particularly damning on some places like Toad's Turnpike...but also pretty useless in places like Shy Guy Falls.

Still not really an item I'm happy to get in 8th or so either way. And I laugh when it's only a single splot in the corner.

wastewater

Neo Member
Just a quick OT question. Is DK Tropical Freez any good? I don't normally play platformers but i had a blast with Rayman Legends last year, is DK as good as that?

Sendou

Just a quick OT question. Is DK Tropical Freez any good? I don't normally play platformers but i had a blast with Rayman Legends last year, is DK as good as that?

DK is miles better than that. It is nothing more or less than the best platformer on Wii U.

Jackano

Anyone else finding the general level of competition on regular global matches to be alot higher than it was on the Wii? I'm barely getting any good places.

ATM even with the Wii U sales bump we can assume there is a much more high % of experienced gamers owning the game than what was Mario Kart Wii and its 35M sales, and among them many "casual" gamers.

Spades

So I guess patch wishes thus far are:

• Stutter removal
  • Friend leaderboard for Time Trials
  • Slow-motion for MKTV exports
  • Full race for MKTV exports
  • Create Friend party then open to Global for online
  • Ability to delete a Tournament you created
  • Remove falling through floor bug

And DLC wishes are:

• Battle Arenas
  • Extra characters, such as Diddy Kong, King Boo and Birdo.
  • Some new cups of four new tracks each

I have faith we'll at least get some patch stuff, they're pretty good about that these days. Even Pikmin 3 got a patch the other day for a feature nobody knew they wanted.

Great list - this would make the game pretty much perfection.

I think eliminating coins for second place would go a long way toward balancing things. You know my strategy for second place is to play defensively lol. I just can't fathom attacking the guy in first (assuming they're defending) with the chance of opening myself up to the guy in third, not once but possibly twice (if I get coins from the next item box). Eliminating coins would encourage the guy in second to pick up more items in search of triple reds/piranha/fire flower/triple mushrooms because, hey...worse case scenario, you get a single green shell or banana that you can at least use to continue defending against the guy in third.

Just a thought.

zlCfzSAFtEUluVjPhM

A message to some you guys from Daisy herself ;)

ugoo18

For the 10,000 coins unlock can that be achieved by staying in one race/battle and just racking up coins for x amount of time?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think eliminating coins for second place would go a long way toward balancing things. You know my strategy for second place is to play defensively lol. I just can't fathom attacking the guy in first (assuming they're defending) with the chance of opening myself up to the guy in third, not once but possibly twice (if I get coins from the next item box). Eliminating coins would encourage the guy in second to pick up more items in search of triple reds/piranha/fire flower/triple mushrooms because, hey...worse case scenario, you get a single green shell or banana that you can at least use to continue defending against the guy in third.

Just a thought.

That'd be pretty nice actually, since people could fire off a weapon right before an item box like usual with less risk, while still keeping player 1 in check of being able to do the same to try and get a horn. I also personally enjoy the dynamic fireflowers/green shells/boomerang type weapons bring as it's still totally possible to dodge them through nearview or by just faking out the person behind you into where you're going to go, while the triple reds is just something I see pop up on the gamepad screen and just think "fuck".

zlCfzSAFtEUluVjPhM

A message to some you guys from Daisy herself ;)

Everyone should just ditch the shitty princesses in general.

shots fired

That'd be pretty nice actually, since people could fire off a weapon right before an item box like usual with less risk, while still keeping player 1 in check of being able to do the same to try and get a horn. I also personally enjoy the dynamic fireflowers/green shells/boomerang type weapons bring as it's still totally possible to dodge them through nearview or by just faking out the person behind you into where you're going to go, while the triple reds is just something I see pop up on the gamepad screen and just think "fuck".

Yeah. If the worst item I could get in second is a banana, I'd happily "fish" for better stuff at every opportunity. But as it stands, it's just way too risky.

Nope but that's a good advice. Will try it again!

Top speed is irrelevant against CPUs because their speed is based on yours. So no reason not to run high acceleration to mitigate getting hit with items. Using Lemmy with Biddybuggy and rollers, I can get at least 1 star on 150cc 9/10 times with absolute minimal effort. Hope that works for you.

akaoni

Banned
I like Daisy most for repping actual redheads, sick of so many fake literal-red frauds in recent years and people saying they're redheads. Her stats suck too much though. :(

Yeah. If the worst item I could get in second is a banana, I'd happily "fish" for better stuff at every opportunity. But as it stands, it's just way too risky.

Top speed is irrelevant against CPUs because their speed is based on yours. So no reason not to run high acceleration to mitigate getting hit with items. Using Lemmy with Biddybuggy and rollers, I can get at least 1 star on 150cc 9/10 times with absolute minimal effort. Hope that works for you.

Thanks, it worked! A.I. Is still cheating like hackers....four red shells, a lightning and a blue shell in the last round...sure

RiggyRob

What's the best way to use the glider? I think I read somewhere that pulling back instantly after you jump makes you travel further and it does seem like that works, but I was wondering if it was any quicker than just racing on the ground.

I mean once you hit the max have another player use an item or drive of the track to lose coins and then keep repeating for x amount of time.
A player hitting you with an item would count as 7, and once you collect three more you have 10. It would still be 10, not 13. It's how many coins you finish with.

Mik2121

I expected to join much earlier but... I'm joining the gaf race now.
I don't think I recognise anyone here (efe, kyle, Connor, etc..)

Edit: Oh, gotcha vvvvvvvv

Top Bottom