• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Davey Cakes

Are you guys always using the same code that's in the OP?

Whenever I jump online I'll probably want to go right for the GAF group first.

Does this game have something that controls like the Mach Bike in Mario Kart Wii with the inner drift? I'm having trouble finding something I'm comfortable with :\

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
What Driver/Kart setup are you guys relying on atm?

I guess it makes sense to have a somewhat all-round vehicle for doing the random online matches? (apart from GAFs where it's 90 % Mount Wario lol)

akaoni

Banned
What Driver/Kart setup are you guys relying on atm?

I guess it makes sense to have a somewhat all-round vehicle for doing the random online matches? (apart from GAFs where it's 90 % Mount Wario lol)

I should make a quick image guide for good builds. Basically any of the heavier characters, you want speed and acceleration, and then a vehicle which corners tightly (you need to test them out to see). There are various groups of vehicles which corner the same, just look different, you can tell by the stats they have IIRC.

Cloud21

Neo Member
Hi! First post here! Bought a wii u 2 weeks ago waiting for this game!
I'm adding my info in the spreadsheet and we'll see you soon online! My nintendo id is Sephirot171!

I feel like I'm always doing really well and then I hit a wall or something really stupid. Every time.

EDIT: FINALLY GOT FIRST PLACE!

Against 2 other people...

akaoni

Banned
I had some really weird bug on Rainbow Road where the item reels were extra long and I couldn't stop them when pressing the button. Never happened before. Still can't do the last corner on shoal without crashing.

MicH

I had some really weird bug on Rainbow Road where the item reels were extra long and I couldn't stop them when pressing the button. Never happened before. Still can't do the last corner on shoal without crashing.
I've had this happen too

Mik2121

The amount of red shells on this race... damn. Still, I like that most of the group has been together for the whole race. It was a lot of fun!

Hylian7

I've been playing this all weekend since Friday and love it. I got it late Friday night due to an Amazon mishap. I preordered two weeks prior to release and then on Friday Amazon said it "shipped" but according to UPS tracking, a label had only been created. That night I decided to call Amazon. They said it was lost and offered either to replace or refund. I took refund and got it from eShop.

This game got damn near everything right, and even topped MK7 for me. The handling feels different that before, but a good kind of different. The level of graphical detail, is incredible, where you even see details like snow and dirt on your tires.

Most of all, the items are ACTUALLY BALANCED FOR ONCE. Blue Shells aren't that common, and even then you can hold onto a Super Horn if you expect to get to first place soon. The item holding is balanced, which is definitely a change for the better. That stupid fucking lighting cloud from MKWii is GONE (Why did that thing even exist anyway?), The new items are great too, I think the Boomerang is quite nice. I also like the little changes like actually showing how much time/uses are left on multiple use items, such as the Golden Mushroom or Piranha Plant.

Online is awesome, I've been playing on the NeoGAF Race |OT|. My Mii's name is "Matt" with a green shirt and brown hair.

I feel like I'm always doing really well and then I hit a wall or something really stupid. Every time.

EDIT: FINALLY GOT FIRST PLACE!

Against 2 other people...

On Saturday I complained that I couldn't win a single race against the NeoGaf guys. I was usually ranking 4th - 6th. Well, yesterday I played a few more races and things got even worse, I was usually 9th or 10th (on a ten player race) ^_^

UGH! I was about to finally get 2nd behind kyle and he threw a shell behind him at the last minute and got me. I hate him so much. Anyways, I'm heading to bed. Had a great time tonight!

akaoni

Banned
Had another freak bug. Carrying green shell, hit from red directly behind even though green shell, green shell suddenly gone. :(

Top Bottom