• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Zomba13

Why do they even let us have a "let's wait for more players!" option if the game is forcing us to choose a circuit after 20 seconds? That's so dumb.

Whats stupid is you can only "talk" after selecting a track so you put your vote in to say "Let's wait for more players." and if other people think like you and want to do that then you've all voted and now aren't waiting.

Fbh

Damn I suck.
But great races gaf.

And I really need to find a kart, have been trying different mix ups and so far one of the first bikes is the best for me.

Blues1990

In the last race I was in, someone had chucked three Blue Shells throughout, but I kept getting the Super Horn for every instance.

I still got second place, though. :(

Grizzo

Whats stupid is you can only "talk" after selecting a track so you put your vote in to say "Let's wait for more players." and if other people think like you and want to do that then you've all voted and now aren't waiting.

Haha exactly, the whole thing is so preposterous. Seems like a big oversight from Nintendo.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Got this today and been playing some of the single player cups. I tried joining the/a GAF tournament, but was only one other person (Dr. Butcher) in there. I assume the one in the OP (under NeoGAF Race |OT|) is the correct one?

I have to move my tv to my desk whenever I want to use my computer as it's the only screen I have access to. This makes playing a bit of a hassle, but I will hopefully get a new monitor sometimes this week.

octopiggy

zlCfzSAKRr8EIBALpd

Here's my setup. Favouring speed, but most importantly, it looks amazing - gold kart with purple wheels.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Rösti;114444256 said:
Got this today and been playing some of the single player cups. I tried joining the GAF tournament, but was only one other person (Dr. Butcher) in there. I assume the one in the OP (under NeoGAF Race |OT|) is the correct one?

I have to move my tv to my desk whenever I want to use my computer as it's the only screen I have access to. This makes playing a bit of a hassle, but I will hopefully get a new monitor sometimes this week.

Don't post the room numbers.

It seems like there are "groups." I was in one group that only had a few people, left, rejoined, and it put me in another group that had more people.

daydream

Banned
So what you're saying about this acceleration stuff is that my decision to choose the gliders that give that small bit of acceleration over weight are often worthless (It appears that most of my setups are just edging over 2 with them as opposed to sitting slap bang on 2) but the alternative extra weight actually has some value no matter how small?
Got to spend some time in the garage, it's tweaking time.

You'd imagine that the extra acceleration from the gliders would only matter for when you're gliding. If that is indeed not the case, then it's tweaking time for sure. What a weird decision.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Don't post the room numbers.

It seems like there are "groups." I was in one group that only had a few people, left, rejoined, and it put me in another group that had more people.
Sorry, I only wrote it as it was referenced in a post earlier this thread. Removed it now.

Ah well, I'll check during the weekend to see if more peeps are online.

Rösti;114444256 said:
Got this today and been playing some of the single player cups. I tried joining the/a GAF tournament, but was only one other person (Dr. Butcher) in there. I assume the one in the OP (under NeoGAF Race |OT|) is the correct one?

That happens sometimes, there are multiple groups going on at once in a tournament. If you get stuck with one or two people try leaving and rejoining to find a bigger group.

Small races can be fun, but full 12 person races are where it's at.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
This game can be so damn brutal. It's insane how in half a second one thing can take you from first to 6th with no chance at recovery.

You could do everything right the entire race and that one mistake or item can ruin everything.

It's kind of funny because once you are in the shit (i.e., anytime outside of Top 3) your chances for disaster are incredibly high. People just have great power-ups behind you and they're usually using them to wreck you. Once you get hit once (might not be your fault at all) or slip up, you just become a sitting duck and now you have ten other people firing their shit at you. Why Blue Shell or something like it is critical for big games because there is a serious runaway-leader problem otherwise. If you are running away with it, that's 90% owing to your not being in the shit while everyone else is duking it out, so take your Blue-Shell medicine.

Fixed1979

For anyone who's used both Gampad or Pro-Controller. Thinking about grabbing the Pro as the GP screen does little to help, looking down usually doesn't go well.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Who hit me right before the line ln mt wario????!!! >:|

For anyone who's used both Gampad or Pro-Controller. Thinking about grabbing the Pro as the GP screen does little to help, looking down usually doesn't go well.

Did you have a question? I have played with both and prefer the Pro. I've never looked at the Gamepad screen during a race.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I keep the Gamepad in another room in hopes that it doesn't get the signal to turn on.

Have two Pro controllers and we much prefer using them (in every game).

Top Bottom