• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Do you have to one star every cup with all the weight classes on 150cc?

Cruz if so fuuuuuck that

Nah, just needs to happen once. Use a lightweight character focused on acceleration because the AI scales the speed anyway. It's really easy to get a big lead and shrug off the blue shell.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So.. what the heck happened to this stats part of the Mario Kart TV web app?

IxewsY5.jpg

I thought maybe I'd have to buy the game first in order for it to show up, but still nadda.

I feel like this is the first Mario Kart that can get away with a No Items mode, because all the little jumps and boosts and hazards and drifting opportunities keep you busy enough that the race is stimulating the whole way through. It's nice

B00TE

Gotta love those races where you get so far ahead it starts to feel like time trial, had a few of those today. No blue shells or lightning, just some relaxed easy driving to practice my lines almost, lol.

Andamo

Neo Member
OK. I don't know how to do this stuff. I've just been following instructions online. I don't know what any of it means.

1. I have manually assigned an IP Address to my Wii U. I manually entered the DNS thing that my computer indicated that I use.

2. I was able to access my router settings, where I entered my Wii U's IP Address into the DMZ section. I then saved the settings.

3. I was not able to play online.

4. I "power cycled my home network."

5. I was able to play two matches online before being kicked off with a new error message. Nintendo's website suggested it might be a DNS issue.

6. I looked up the DNS information on my computer again, and it had changed.

7. I updated the DNS information on my Wii U and the connection test was successful.

8. I am still unable to play online, but now I'm getting error codes that offer simple suggestions that I've already done.

What am I doing wrong? Why did my DNS numbers change? Nintendo implied I should manually enter my DNS but if it's going to change randomly then I can't do that.

Why is this so complicated? Why can't I select my SSID, enter my WEP passcode, and be done with it?

OK. I don't know how to do this stuff. I've just been following instructions online. I don't know what any of it means.

1. I have manually assigned an IP Address to my Wii U. I manually entered the DNS thing that my computer indicated that I use.

2. I was able to access my router settings, where I entered my Wii U's IP Address into the DMZ section. I then saved the settings.

3. I was not able to play online.

4. I "power cycled my home network."

5. I was able to play two matches online before being kicked off with a new error message. Nintendo's website suggested it might be a DNS issue.

6. I looked up the DNS information on my computer again, and it had changed.

7. I updated the DNS information on my Wii U and the connection test was successful.

8. I am still unable to play online, but now I'm getting error codes that offer simple suggestions that I've already done.

What am I doing wrong? Why did my DNS numbers change? Nintendo implied I should manually enter my DNS but if it's going to change randomly then I can't do that.

Why is this so complicated? Why can't I select my SSID, enter my WEP passcode, and be done with it?

They should change if your ISP has changed them. In most cases like this these recommendations are snake oil.

Gotta love those races where you get so far ahead it starts to feel like time trial, had a few of those today. No blue shells or lightning, just some relaxed easy driving to practice my lines almost, lol.

After playing a lot in the GAF lobby that happens a lot against randoms now.

BM8

Neo Member
So.. what the heck happened to this stats part of the Mario Kart TV web app?

IxewsY5.jpg

I thought maybe I'd have to buy the game first in order for it to show up, but still nadda.

iirc, dev said it'll come out shortly after mk8 releases.

So, maybe a month at most?

Don't know how things work, but maybe they wanted to wait until they stabilize mk8s online.

I don't have the nunchuck for it. The kids took that over for the wii. Is the nunchuck better than just the wii mote. Just asking because we really love the game, enough so that we (I) want the best controller option possible. Amazon has the pro for $39.99 right now.

Get the pro pure heaven in your hands.

Try using a stable, public DNS like 4.4.4.2 or 8.8.8.8. TBH I never use my ISP's DNS when entering the DNS manually for devices.

Whoever got that lightning bolt, thank you so much! That actually got me from 8th to 5th. I don't even know what happened, I fell into the pool before the finish line on Electrodrome.

B00TE

After playing a lot in the GAF lobby that happens a lot against randoms now.

Yeah, I hear that. I feel like the OT lobby is really great for improving quickly, outside of random shit that you literally cannot recover from.

I can also recommend the pro controller, it's awesome. I thought it'd be wonky at first, but it's my favorite way to play now.

So who at Nintendo sat and looked at Mario Kart Wii's courses and said to themselves "gee, you know what map would be cool to bring back, Grumble Volcano. Yea, that'd be nice. No major layout changes, no new music. I'm sure they'll love it!"

I didn't even like the map in MKWii, seeing it back with very few changes, and not even updated music is disappointing. It brings back terrible, terrible memories of trying to beat 150 to unlock Dry Bowser

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That Moo Moo Meadows race was nuts,

And disconnected again. I guess it was all of us since I'm spectating some of the same people I was with before, but only 4 are left.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Okay, the communication errors definitely do seem based off people leaving a lobby and being replaced. People before they leave should vote for a map first then back out or else it might crash the lobby(which is hilariously dumb).

Recall

I wish there were more courses like Mount Wario where it is point A to B rather than just circular laps. It's pretty sad I guess that a highlight for I is reaching a 4th in a gaf race as I'm usually in the bottom 3 :(

Ramirez

The |OT| tourney is showing me 2 people on the scoreboard, with 3 and 1 point respectively. Was there another tournament opened that I missed? I'm so confused.

Top Bottom