• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
IT'S REAL

If you leave a lobby and don't vote for a map, there's a chance the lobby gets a communication error. That's why that shit keep happening to people that spectate waiting for a spot, get in and the lobby dies.

fix this shit guerrilla

At long last, I 100%ed the entire single-player grand prix mode!

zlCfzR_VU9E5mQegfZ

zlCfzR_rSBUX3Lyg8x

zlCfzSALV70p5-jTla

zlCfzSAMFfUw0CpbVt

Now I'm finally ready to get bodied online. Where do I go to race against you guys?

AEREC

So what would we like to see as DLC, besides tracks and characters?

I imagine a true battle mode after the uproar.

I'd like to see a mission mode like the DS version had.

Some more single player content...in the form of challenges or something. This feels like the Titanfall of Kart Racers.

kuppy

Did a quick search but couldn't find an answer - so what's the deal with the 3 stars of each cup?
Does the coins have to do with it? I always try to end a race with 10 coins on place one, naturally that doesn't work out all the time.
Also what is up with those x/6 stars that are displayed on the top left after each race, when you select highlights or next race, by pressing the + button that number also gets increased by one.

Gorgeous game, enjoying it a lot.
Give me a couple more days and I will jump into the multiplayer.

Do different gliders have any hidden parameters such as longer air time or anything like that? If I hit (+) on the parts selection screen I can see bars going up and down for Acceleration/Weight for different glider parts but I'm wondering if there's more to them than just aesthetics.

Did a quick search but couldn't find an answer - so what's the deal with the 3 stars of each cup?

You need to get a perfect "score" by getting first place every round.

Also what is up with those x/6 stars that are displayed on the top left after each race, when you select highlights or next race, by pressing the + button that number also gets increased by one.

Normally MKTV just displays highlights from your last six races. Pressing + after a race lets you lock your highlight vid for that race so it doesn't get cycled out.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Does the coins have to do with it? I always try to end a race with 10 coins on place one, naturally that doesn't work out all the time.

All you need now is first place in all four races to get 3 stars

the /6 is your favorites. Pressing + saves one.

3 stars is the maximum ranking you can obtain for a cup. As far as I can tell, the only requirement to get 3 stars for this game is to simply place in 1st each race. I think it's different from the previous games in that regard.

At for the x/6 star in the highlight reel, that saves that particular highlight to your favorites. Highlights not saved into your favorites disappear after 12 more races, but favorites are permanent.

EDIT: Too slow, like I will be once I join the GAF community lol.

Esque7

I've given up trying to get 3 stars on all the cups. I've never had so much trouble in 150cc in a Mario kart. They made the AI way too unfair in this game

zruben

Banned
I asked this yesteday, but got ignored in the cascade of comments.

does anyone knows if I can change my "country flag" online without changing my WiiU's region settings?

Top Bottom