• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

The red shell that's blasting me in the ass or the green shell that's blasting me in the ass.

Yeah Mario Kart is just one big ass blast

inEYEL30MnX14.gif

Even then it's not as useful as three Mushrooms or a Golden one. Didn't the Star used to have a speed boost along with the invincibility? It becomes a completely pointless item when the person in front of you can get three Mushrooms and speed away.

Still boosts but only slightly. But yea, I agree, it could boost a bit more.

Yeah, that's why I switched to Waluigi (which would be my second choice regardless, so no biggie).

We need Gourmet Guy as DLC.
At the very least in MK7 I could put him in a Koopa Clown Kart with slick wheels which I rather liked alas MK8 doesn't give me that luxury.
Not that big a loss as I prioritise DK and Ludwig anyway but even so, fat shy guys are needed.

Koren

Even then it's not as useful as three Mushrooms or a Golden one.
Besides the small boost and better off-road, it also gives you the possibility to break things, and most importantly

far, far better handling

When there's a succession of sharp turns, I'll take the star anytime over the mushroom.

I am so sorry for everyone not playing Mario kart 8, they don't know what are missing.
It's a drug.

Yep. Never touched MKWii online, played prolly less than 20 games of MK7, but I've already put in close to 10 hours on MK8 online multi.

On weight: Well, Papercuts uses a middleweight (Waluigi is middle, right?) to great success. Though I think he uses cyber slick tires to conpensate.

NTom64

Just finished all the regular cups in 50cc. Really getting into the groove of using the gamepad now (in fact I'm mostly playing off-tv).

Dolphin Shoals and Bowser's Castle in particular blew my mind

ahdurian

*at work right now*
so how do the tournies work?
I'm interested in jumping in on these GAF races when I get home in an hour or two

Tidd

I finally bought a Wii U for this game (and Bayonetta 2) and i love this game.

Just joined the tournament and at first i didn't believe it would be this hard lol
But after 3 races... one mistake and it's nearly impossible to get first.

SCREW U GREEN SHELL... So close to my first win... From 1st to 10th in 2 seconds :(

staying in first is so easy in this game, you can get so far ahead. Kinda annoying when you're in second and getting everything thrown at you at once.

Albo

I swear I've never had this much trouble with a Mario Kart game. I've been playing Kart since 64 and just played through Wii and DD in anticipation for this game.

NEVER have I been hit by not only so many green shells, but CONSECUTIVE green shells. Green shell, bowser fucking smashes me at 1000000 km/h, followed by fat bowser jr and donkey kong. Goodbye 2nd place, hello 8th place. In literally 3 seconds.

I'm actually on the verge of giving up. I've been playing special cup 150cc all morning and this shit has happened EVERY race. Not some races, not most races, EVERY GOD DAMN RACE some crazy sequence involving items or being bumped by other racers has fucked me out of first or second place. Usually right near the end of the final lap, too.

I thought I'd be able to complete 150cc in a day or two, but clearly at this point I'd be lucky to get a single gold in a day, let alone all 8.

I'm going to turn off my Wii U now.

5ei5q0tsvc.gif

ib1YpNgz3I5xyC.gif

Top Bottom