• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's established that 1st is the place to be. No crazy people in front of you and 2nd wont get too many dangerous items.

Plus everything below 3rd place is a rat race and 2nd and 3rd just fight between each other to see who's going to look at first from a distance.

Seik

Banned
Err, did I missed something? We were only two in the room.

Did the code changed or something?

EDIT: NVM

akaoni

Banned
Some of my races today didn't seem to be the smoothest, a few were like those occasional situations in MK Wii were the racers bounded around erratically and my apparent race position didn't appear to match up with the end result in a few instances (pretty sure on one occasion I had the crotch kick that is a presumed first turning into a second).

Well it's better than connection errors I suppose.

I've been whining about it all day today so if the worst of it is just a temporary issue I'll be happy.

Following up my previous point of a first place that turned into a second I just took a look at Mario Kart TV where its version of the race has me handily take first throwing a green shell back into the second place Morton Koopa to seal it, then the results come up and it has the positions reversed...I CALL SHENANIGANS!

I've been whining about it all day today so if the worst of it is just a temporary issue I'll be happy.

Ah so it ain't just me, I wonder how much everyone else's races vary in these events.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yooo, that bowser's castle ending. Thanks 1up!

I thought that was your house pxg. Oh, I guess that was an AI filling in for you.

After my first set of races in the GAF tournament, you guys are good. Had some seriously good racing moments, especially when someone left a bomb for me on the airport finish line. Close call!

Loving how silky smooth the online is :)

Azure J

What the FUCK is going on with the connection now? There was SO much rollback in that match. Seeing shit like me being 1st and then 6th or passing a Yoshi that got ranked as 3rd place overall at the match end while I'm 5th is not my idea of fun.

Fbh

Why the hell does this game give me better items the better I'm doing.

Stuck at 11 or 12th ? Here, a green shell.

4Th place? Here, red shells and then bullet bill

ChrisD

I'll take 9th after falling three times in Rainbow Road.

Annnnnd curse you and your last second Green, Acerac.

Dragoshi1

Damn you guys weren't joking.

You all are BRUTAL online.

I got hit with 3 stars in a row, lightning'ed over pit jumps, squashed while shrunk, fireball'ed, and red shelled into oblivion all in the same race.

Was fun, though! I actually got to 2nd or 3rd a couple of times only to be immediately knocked out by pretty much everybody.

I wonder if kart customizations affect item rates, because all I got sometimes were coins in 8th-12th place.

The music in Sweet Sweet Canyon reminds me of Mario Sunshine...so good.
BTW: the shortcut right before the finish is...well....not always the best option.

BraXzy

If I am trying to join the tournament to play and it's just me in it, does that mean the current one is full? :(

Regiruler

Dat Grumble Volcano. Two fuckups near the end of lap 2 on my part cost me the race.

I'm Kyle and Dino... well screw you.

Top Bottom