• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's distance from first now, not numerical position.

It seems to be the case on lap 1 when everyone(usually) gets trash on the first item box, though even then I still had stuff like the video I posted earlier where 3 people got a horn out of it. But there have definitely been really far behind lap 3s where I got total garbage like a single green shell in 9th.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Holy shit, already on the second OT? I haven't even had a chance to open my copy yet.

But you better believe that's what I'm doing tonight.

How are the tilt controls with the gamepad. Any good? Haven't tried it yet. Almost reluctant to now that I'm so acclimated to the stick.

Stupid question that I couldn't find the answer for in the MK8 manual:

In between races there's a Star on the menu with a 1/6 next to it. I hit '+' and it goes to 2/6 and it can be toggled back and forth.

I now have 2/6 and when I hit the + it toggles to 3/6. What does this mean? Some kind of betting system?

javac

I'll catch up soon!
qKFNKmy4.jpg

Also, total time so far.

Porcile

Everytime Donkey Show turns up in a lobby I'm in, it gets disconnected! Third time tonight! You're cursed dude!

Stupid question that I couldn't find the answer for in the MK8 manual:

In between races there's a Star on the menu with a 1/6 next to it. I hit '+' and it goes to 2/6 and it can be toggled back and forth.

I now have 2/6 and when I hit the + it toggles to 3/6. What does this mean? Some kind of betting system?

That allows you to favorite a replay that you can watch in Mario Kart TV.

akaoni

Banned
The room communication error'd when all 12 people voted and the countdown to vote time limit still went through. On Donkey's stream only 11 people voted. There seems to be some kind of ghost voter when people join mid-game or from spectate or something is my current theory, and the server doesn't know what to do.

U2NUMB

Ok sorry gonna have to vent right now on Wii U and Nintendo to be more exact. I bought my Wii U earlier this year and it always had issues reading discs... early April I sent it in for repair.. took nearly 3 weeks and I got it back with a note saying they verified my issue and replaced the drive.

I then did not play any games (I sold the couple I owned while it was out) until Mario Kart as I just picked it up tonight... went to play it and yep... still a no go. They flat out lied that they repaired it so off its going again tomorrow and this time I get to send in my copy of Mario Kart so they can make sure its not the brand new disc.

Horrible experience and now I get to wait 3 weeks to play a game I just bought...

so put a few laps in for me guys.

akaoni

Banned
I think I spotted it, the rooms are inconsistent, basically there's like too many players, and a mismatch between what each people see in the waiting room is different, on my screen I'm so sure there was a player that only existed on Donkey's side. Basically 13/12 player limit = can't start race.

Porcile

I think I spotted it, the rooms are inconsistent, basically there's like too many players, and a mismatch between what each people see in the waiting room is different, on my screen I'm so sure there was a player that only existed on Donkey's side. Basically 13/12 player limit = can't start race.

We had one in the middle of the race earlier this evening. That was weird.

Can any Australians playing this online report on their experience... problems with cutting out or lag? Moving into my new house soon, so I'll be ready for some online play next month :D.

Top Bottom