• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Leunam

Just broke it! :D

Yeah that was a hell of a run by you.

Failing to uphold the family name.

ibfGMvkwNtJOlh.gif

The streak lives again!

I'm probably in the minority here but I just love the item boxes.
They're so pretty. Like a spangle glass box. They're even hipnotizing lol
Mario Kart 8 is one of the cleanest games (aesthetically) I've ever played, barring the lack of decent AA for bigger TV's. And... then I played Super Mario 3D World which looks even better for the most part.

Nintendo really knows how to make the most out of weaker hardware when they, well, try.

javac

Today I got hit by a blue shell but slipped on a banana just before it made impact and I think it diminished it since the blue shell didn't seem to affect me mid 'slipping on banana' animation.

BowieZ

Banned
So now that the game has been out for a week, how's everyone feeling regards to the potential for DLC cups (or characters etc)?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So now that the game has been out for a week, how's everyone feeling regards to the potential for DLC cups (or characters etc)?

I would be totally okay with cup DLC. Characters alongside would be nice.

Battle mode arena DLC would feel dirty to me.

Omnicent

Fuck, when my finger slipped off the left trigger and I lost my red shell I knew I was fucked (had that 1st place defense man)... damn you guys show no mercy.

Default track selection is excellent and I only actively dislike Dry Dry Desert (too simplistic) and DK Jungle. They should expand Battle Mode with appropriate maps (Block Fort!) first and foremost instead if DLC were to happen, and I wouldn't mind new characters as long as it's not Shiddy Kong. Birdo, Funky / Cranky Kong, Nabbit, R.O.B., a number of the enemy / NPC designs from Super Mario 3D World, ... They have plenty to choose from.

Top Bottom