• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the games, Greg!

Not much happening in the Neogaf Tourney now...

Azure J

Papercuts' Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe netcode, that's what happen. Too many comm errors killed it.

Damn, he's got the League of Shit Netcode all accounted for now huh? :lol

Not much happening in the Neogaf Tourney now...

I blame Treehouse. Bayonetta 2's on right now so I'm there.

I think it basically being Heavy Kart 8 also is contributing. It was really burning me out in the beginning but I've adjusted to the fatty imbalance now.

I guess times like this I should really be happy that Rosalina's a thick one.

So after playing this game for a bit - is there any stat that matters other than speed?

After getting the hang of drifting/hopping/etc, it just seems like there's no reason to worry about traction or handling. The AI on 150cc has a pretty much perfect racing line at all times anyway, so the only thing that's going to help you is speed.

Am I wrong? Has anyone felt like their racing has been enhanced with the handling stat? Just seems like the slide is the great equalizer between fast and slow karts.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
My internet is the GOAT, I understand the salt when I constantly WAH past you last second, but it's ok.

So after playing this game for a bit - is there any stat that matters other than speed?

After getting the hang of drifting/hopping/etc, it just seems like there's no reason to worry about traction or handling. The AI on 150cc has a pretty much perfect racing line at all times anyway, so the only thing that's going to help you is speed.

Am I wrong? Has anyone felt like their racing has been enhanced with the handling stat? Just seems like the slide is the great equalizer between fast and slow karts.

I would say speed is important against real people, but not AI. They scale to speed, which means lighter characters with very low speed and high acceleration will still be able to get a lead, and recover quickly from any hits.

Gattuso

lol was that you greg at the end getting hit with the shell?
edit: that was a terrible combination of things heading my way

Green shells tonight, red shells last night.

I guess tomorrow it will be bombs maybe?

Edit: I hope those greens shells I threw back somehow hit everyone!!!

Did the Tournament crash or is it just me? I pressed B thinking I could go back and rechoose my stage, I accidentally logged out and then when I came back everyone disappeared.

Top Bottom