• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Zemm

The same tracks over and over again. They need to add the reverse tracks to the selection pool. Also I seem to get hit by nothing quite a lot.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I know that feel. When you get a coin powerup in 4th place and get slammed by 2 guys with triple red shells behind you, while the dudes in front of you get shells and bananas to cover their position is simply infuriating. I try to look introspectively at how upset I'm getting at a nintendo game and that usually makes me calm down haha.

Coins outside first place are really annoying, but for the most part I don't find online frustrating like I do with AI. Honestly I get more upset with myself for screwing up than other players.

Bet in 30 minutes when I go to find a game the lobby will be empty, like every morning :(

Mistle

to "Prob" who i was just versing 1 on 1, i got a comm error while at the finish line haha

and thanks for evening out the laps, if that was what you were indeed doing (y)

Dr Prob

Banned
to "Prob" who i was just versing 1 on 1, i got a comm error while at the finish line haha

and thanks for evening out the laps, if that was what you were indeed doing (y)

np. 1v1 isn't terribly exciting, I try to at least have a little fun with it. GGs.

Exentryk

yeah...unless I get lucky and get a red shell or something these are just basically time trials for you

1v1s are all about red shells. But you're not having any luck with them lol

EDIT - Drifted the wrong way at the start there. And lol getting a blue shell in 1v1 XD

Ecto311

Todays woot shirt is another mario kart inspired one for luigi.

4ec4ace3-cee5-4135-ace1-d9d5a0a7617b.png

shirt.woot.com

seriously...out of 3 people the first 2 on frantic get triple green shells and I get coins? Of course I get hit and have no chance at catching up. Didn't even see another racer until the 3rd lap.

Will probably do a couple more races then I'm done. Having to pray for a red shell or something all the time is kinda frustrating. Also, the times when a good item does come up and you look around and everyone has the same item just makes me wanna throw in the towel.

Albo

What's up with the coin count and part unlocks only updating every 100 coins and only when I quit a grand prix back to the main menu even though I've collected thousands of coins over online already? I'm having to constantly go in and out of grand prix just for it to update each unlock. Is that how it's meant to be?

Exentryk

The blooper completely messed up my turning on RR >_>

What's up with the coin count and part unlocks only updating every 100 coins and only when I quit a grand prix back to the main menu even though I've collected thousands of coins over online already? I'm having to constantly go in and out of grand prix just for it to update each unlock. Is that how it's meant to be?

Yeah, that's how it works for me too. Oversight.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

That's just how it works, yeah. Another thing on the "should be patched" list. Unlock it all at once.

Jock_Nerd

Banned

Agree. That's lame. Hopefully a patch allows gamers to select new parts when choosing a character for ONLINE as well.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I didn't forget to star that replay where I escaped the blue shell. Need to go back out to MKTV and favorite that replay while it's there.

Bumhat

This thread is making me sad I'm at work! With that said I played a few races this morning with a bunch of Japanese players and one of then had a rating of 7960 which is absolutely ridiculous. Suffice it to say I got completely destroyed and left for work in a huff!

Classic Mario Kart.

prag16

Banned
Saw some strange stuff last night...

-Almost infinite item selection spinner (seen this before)
-Green shells rocking somebody, they flip/flail, and are right back on their way losing NO ground (shouldn't be possible even with a mushroom boost after recovery
-Red shells gluing themselves to the back of their target for 3-5 seconds before actually striking them

And strangest of all, there was a guy who seemed to be out of sync with everybody else in the lobby by like 2-4 seconds. Twice I beat him soundly by 30-50 yards, yet the game put him ahead of me (video of one instance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7666MttzR1U)

I guess on his screen it probably looked like he won. But bizarre. Other instances of "incorrect" finishing positions involved VERY close finishes.

Anybody seen any of these things?

Top Bottom