• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Azure J

Dudes are actually intentionally bumping people off road on the Rainbow Road 8 antigrav sections now?! I am not prepared for this wild new meta game.

Azure J

But...You're using space peach :p

No seriously, fuck you and every last thing you stand for.

It wasn't enough to hit me with a boomerang.

It wasn't enough to hit me passing me after that with a reverse thrown boomerang.

It wasn't enough to smash me with mutilple reds after making sure to overtake with just driving

It wasn't enough to then throw the last shell behind you to decimate my chances at 7th.

What next.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It's really hard to go back to Mario Kart 7. Good god, that game is ugly.

Kade

The Queen
tumblr_n4zk5zk77I1rneql1o1_400.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So, if I add myself to the spreadsheet, how do I get in on GAF games? Forgive the (obvious) question.
I don't mind the graphics. It's the utter shite gameplay I can't stand.

Unless you're doing time trials where the item spam can't wreck anything for you.

I never really played much 7. I played a lot of DS, so I was kind of surprised. Going back to it, it just felt kind of gross, but I figured I was just being superficial re: the visuals.

ffdgh

Yeah...I can't believe I'm saying this but as much as i love 7. It did not age well graphically. 8 has really spoiled me.
KuGsj.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Also, whoever decided to make the race position disappear for the last few feet of a race needs a raise. It might have been done for practical, online latency related reasons (I don't know), but it's such an impressive little bit of authorship.

Azure J

OK, that ending is fucking saved. I literally only made it 2nd because you guys pinballed me around (shoutouts to Morton's weight in a Circuit Cruiser)

Yeah. You gotta train yourself to start your drift later than you would with an outside-drift vehicle.

Once you do, though, they're pretty damn good. I'm much more consistent with them than I am with outside drift.
I'm starting to get it but this is something I should NOT be trying to learn while in the tournament LOL

I'll give it a shot in the time trials later, thanks.

btkadams

How does unlocking 14 characters work when there are only 8 cups to gold? Do you get the remaining characters by redoing cups you've already gotten gold on and golding them again?

Top Bottom