• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Azure J

Ok seriously fuck Commie for always having the right kind of red shell number to fuck me and fuck the dude who used the lightning on the jump on Royal Raceway's final lap.

Dr Prob

Banned
Starman stinks, if anything it feel like I'm going slower.

You do get a slight boost, but it feels severely toned down. Starman needs some supplements and shit.

In other news: Come to realize that Bone-Dry Dunes is my favorite track in this game. Don't get the sense that many share my opinion as it's rarely ever picked, but it's really well designed and just feels so good. Mmmmmm... You maniacs should pick it more.

Doorman

I've been wondering a little bit...do you guys think that Nintendo has implemented a bit more behind the scenes of item probabilities beyond just your current place in the race? I've gotten the feeling that there's maybe a small sense of "escalation" in when certain powerhouse-items will appear. It's so rare to see something like a blue shell or lightning appear early in a race, but by the time you reach the third lap, all bets are off. Similarly it seems like it's easy to get a coin or similar low-level things right at the start of a race, regardless of your out-of-gate position.

I've had some other theories about item balance being swayed based on your performance within races (like, how long you're in a lead position vs. how long you're in the back of the pack), but in retrospect that's probably just some residual salt left over from my terrible performances yesterday. Think I'll spend tonight practicing time trials with a new setup, as much as I like the trolling potential of Morton in the cat cruiser, it's probably not an ideal racing combo.

Toki1776

So... you got Mario Karted ;)

Heh, I got Mario Karted pretty good yesterday. I was in first place on the last turn on the last lap on Yoshi Valley, and second place (my friend) got the 8 out of the last item box. I do have to wonder what the chances of that happening is...

Azure J

Mario Circuit has no right being as exciting as it is like 4/5ths of the time it's picked.

Also Water Park is SO underrated.

boxter432

I think MK is the only game/series where everyone feels like all other players are deliberately out to sabotage them and only them lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You do get a slight boost, but it feels severely toned down. Starman needs some supplements and shit.

In other news: Come to realize that Bone-Dry Dunes is my favorite track in this game. Don't get the sense that many share my opinion as it's rarely ever picked, but it's really well designed and just feels so good. Mmmmmm... You maniacs should pick it more.

Bone-dry dunes is the hardest track to just normally navigate which is probably why...that one turn when you get to the cave is a bastard.

Okay wth, The track just disappeared beneath me twice in Bowsers Castle and made me fall out of the map where you normally cant fall though. Tf.

ChrisD

Okay wth, The track just disappeared beneath me twice in Bowsers Castle and made me fall out of the map where you normally cant fall though. Tf.

Heard about this happening, but haven't yet seen it. Got a replay? Does it show, or just act like nothing happened?

Revven

LOL 4th place finish because I threw the green shell and hoped it would ricochet and hit someone else -- which it did!

Top Bottom