• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I really need to stop trying to take that Toad Harbor boat jump shortcut on the first lap. It always ends in tears.

I like when I see a clusterfuck heading that way, head the normal route and go from 4th or so to 1st because everyone took a dive.

Heard about this happening, but haven't yet seen it. Got a replay? Does it show, or just act like nothing happened?

It was a GAF race so no replay, basically after you hit the boost pad its fine but then you just fall straight through the floor, Lakitu brings you back up and takes your coins like you just flew off the map and your back to racing.

Azure J

Replace Blue Shells with Pirahna Plant. Jeeeez. It's like Triple Reds, you aren't allowed to pass the guy with it.

Wait 'til people realize that you can manually make it bite and be offensive while boosting like you have a golden mushroom.

Wait 'til people realize that you can manually make it bite and be offensive while boosting like you have a golden mushroom.

I like how its both offensive and defensive in that way. You can let it go manually and just have this halfway house between mushroom boosts and shell shield, or you can just burn it all up before the next item box and get a decent lead/maybe catch up to an unsuspecting racer.

Azure J

That was like the first time in the history of me playing GAFcc that I've gotten a first place victory on Mount Wario despite being OK to great on every other course.

I don't know what fucks up my placements more, that one or the turn on the last leg on Bone Dry Dunes. I drift hard to the left and pray to black baby Jesus I stay on the sand.

For the last section on Bone Dry Dunes, land early from gliding and hold the drift button as you hit the ground while holding left.

Gonna take a break. 16th in standings now played way too much

iIel6mnh9PyWQ.jpg

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
thinkin about a gif, we need that scene in Spiderman 2 when Peter gets his books knocked off by a thousand students, tries to get 'em off the ground and a barrage of bags and purses kick him in the face before meeting with Dr Conners. That would sum up my experience in like, 90% of the games here

ChrisD

I really probably should stop. I'm getting consistent 6th-8th, and now I drove into a truck when I had 1st sealed.

Right after one more, of course.

As much as I didn't appreciate getting item spammed from 1st to 4th on Water Park it was still great games tonight as always GAF.

Until next time!

Top Bottom