• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

JC Lately

Had a terrible day at work, so I'm about to hop on the GAF tournament.

Don't even care if I win a single race. I just want to throw shells at people for the next hour. Might make me feel better.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
so many great tracks in this game. I do wish Waluigi Pinball had made it in as a retro (love that track) but I've narrowed it down to two faves:

Sunshine Airport and Electrodrome (this is my new "Waluigi Pinball"). SO GOOD <3

MattyG

Banned
Two questions for you guys:
1. If I have MK7 and enjoy it but don't play it much, should I grab this? I feel like I'd play it more on a console, but I don't know if it's different enough from 7 for me to drop $60 on it.

And 2. How often is the gamepad screen used?

Oh, and is the gamepad the preferable control method? Or the pro controller? I don't have a pro cotntroller, but I might grab one for this.

ChrisD

Cloudtop Cruise seems to be my jam. Consistently place in Top 3 there. And I disliked it so much in the beginning.

And predicting comm err- didn't get to finish the sentence.

Blast it.

Juice

Man I'm surprised by how freaking good even the average gamer is at Mario Kart. I mean every damn game I've played with friends of all different stripes (8 person rooms) has been insanely competitive, rubber-banding or not.

Another thing I've observed: my brother on tilt controls can pown everybody. Everybody acts like this is shocking news.™ is that the norm?

Juice

1. If I have MK7 and enjoy it but don't play it much, should I grab this? I feel like I'd play it more on a console, but I don't know if it's different enough from 7 for me to drop $60 on it.

Well, I can only speak for myself but I thought MK7 was a piece of shit and horribly executed in almost every way, and I think that MK8 is one of the most polished delightful games Nintendo has produced in ten years.

Not a particular fan of Mario Kart since the SNES or 64 days.

Oh, and is the gamepad the preferable control method? Or the pro controller? I don't have a pro cotntroller, but I might grab one for this.

It feels fresh to me after playing 7, but that may just be me. Racing with other gaffers is mad fun. You don't have to use the gamepad. I actually prefer the wheel.

I didnt particularly enjoy 7 but 8 is awesome. A lot of care and attention when into this game. Probably the most interesting and most amount of care ever put into a Mario Kart title. Level design is great and the anti-gravity is a great addition to the series.

Top Bottom