• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Sorry about the confusion there lol. No idea what it was, but it must've found its way out.

I know sometimes with luck, one player can get quite far ahead, but sometimes when I see someone like Naraj or darkrai half a lap ahead I really have to wonder if there's a cheat/broken setup I don't know about :(

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I know sometimes with luck, one player can get quite far ahead, but sometimes when I see someone like Naraj or darkrai half a lap ahead I really have to wonder if there's a cheat/broken setup I don't know about :(

Hypno beat me easily like 10😁times in a row, so I know how that goes :( I don't think my setup is that great, but I don't really experiment at all. Not doing anything special I can think of.

I'm using an indrift bike to cut corners more easily.
Here's my setup:
Comet
Slick
Peach Parasoul
I'm getting 2.75 Speed and 4 Acceleration

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Here's my setup:
Comet
Slick
Peach Parasoul

And here I was worried about 4.25 speed being low.

A number of things can play into that. Being getting a solid lead gives you an advantage because the only real threats are triple red shells from second, and blue shells. Obviously, sheer driving skill comes into play as well.

A very good player will know good lines to take to help build their lead.

And setups also help, but they aren't going to make or break a big lead. The main thing is to have something that works for you.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
One free spot if you want to get in here, Chaos.

EDIT - Full now =/

rIbx4LV.jpg

Dem VRs.

Exentryk

Good, you got in. I have to leave soon, but this room will help your VR :D

EDIT - 1st to 11th in the last corner of the race. Great!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Off to a wonderful start. So many single mushrooms (and missed item boxes...).

Also went from 7th to 9th when it ended, dat lag.

Exentryk

Luck is really struggling today. 1st to 5th in the final corner on Mt Wario. Shock, 2nd has red, 3rd has red... *sigh*

Anyway. I'll stick around for longer tomorrow. Later.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Later. You just missed my embarrassing loss on Bowser's Castle where I went from a huge lead to almost last entirely due to my own mistake (drifted the wrong way) :(

I'm the only non-Japanese player left in the room, everyone else quit. Then I was the only one to not pick random. I feel awkward.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Cloudtop shortcut + ink is not a good combo. Wonder if I would have won if I hadn't tried.

Beat a guy who just joined with 9999 VR, woo! Then he left :(

Comm error so I'm done I guess. Fun room, got my VR up some more, over 4100 now.

Arkage

Banned
Whats with coin distribution now? I swear I've gotten coins 4/5 times every time when I'm in 1st or 2nd place playing online. Truly the most worthless item.

Here's my setup:
Comet
Slick
Peach Parasoul

In past entries I generally mained the middle weights like Daisy and before that Peach or Yoshi, but racing against GAF, once I tried the slightly heavier and faster characters like Rosalina and Waluigi, I found myself placing better and I've mained them every since.

I use Jet Bike (I too prefer the tighter handling)
Azure Roller
Cloud glider

Gives me something like 4.25 Speed and 3.75 Acceleration.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I still can't believe how good this game looks sometimes. Everyone who walks by the TV in the living room is immediately grabbed by the game's visuals. It's so colorful and vibrant and fluid.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
So guys.. I plan to get Mario kart 8 tomorrow. Now if I'm correct if I register the game with Nintendo club I get a free digital game?

I keep saying no more forward greens but I really mean it this time :(

Edit: Epic shortcut fail on Thwomp. I had no idea it puts you back that far too :{

Top Bottom