• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Aww, room is full, guess I'll do some WW, though I'm surprised how great the GAF room is in comparison to the random WW players. Really feels like I'm in the kiddie pool and I'm the one cheating or with a broken setup.

Finalow

Aww, room is full, guess I'll do some WW, though I'm surprised how great the GAF room is in comparison to the random WW players. Really feels like I'm in the kiddie pool and I'm the one cheating or with a broken setup.
if you are around 1-2k points you'll (usually) find bad players online. when I started at 1k it felt like playing against the 50cc AI.

ohlawd

yeah uhhh seriously hit up some lobbies with high VR players

I don't really like defending some random shmucks over the internet but they aren't scrubs, that's for certain.

Dr Prob

Banned
So when I come to the room, and it's empty, it means the other room is full right?

Could be that no one is playing in there at all at the moment and you're just alone (though we're with you in spirit!), but generally, yeah-- if there isn't a spot you'll be sent off to start a new one.

Porcile

I know single player is rarely discussed here, but recently I've been attempting 3 Star Mirror Mode and it's quite possibly the most frustrating thing I've ever encountered in all my gaming life. I can nail everything single track, and win by comfortable margin almost everytime, even after being Blue shelled and lightning'ed mutliple times in a single race. Yet, the programmers must have done some screwy shit to the AI in Rainbow Road because I can't for the life of me finish in 1st place. It's crazy but the highest place I've come in after about 15 attempts is FOURTH. FOURTH FUCKING PLACE. The game just fucks you up at every turn on that track. Blue Shells kicking my arse and then AI smacking me off the track with deadly precision. I can be in 7th place and get just a single mushroom. I can have 10 coins and not even outpace 5th place. It's consistent enough that it really does feel like some super cheap bullshit rather than just Mario Kart silliness. Mostly, it just really pisses me off that they feel the need to alter the AI and Item balancing for that single track, where as the rest of Mirror Mode is reasonably fair game, if you're good at the tracks. Fuck it, and fuck Nintendo's bastard programmers to hell and back.

Roo

I know single player is rarely discussed here, but recently I've been attempting 3 Star Mirror Mode and it's quite possibly the most frustrating thing I've ever encountered in all my gaming life. I can nail everything single track, and win by comfortable margin almost everytime, even after being Blue shelled and lightning'ed mutliple times in a single race. Yet, the programmers must have done some screwy shit to the AI in Rainbow Road because I can't for the life of me finish in 1st place. It's crazy but the highest place I've come in after about 15 attempts is FOURTH. FOURTH FUCKING PLACE. The game just fucks you up at every turn on that track. Blue Shells kicking my arse and then AI smacking me off the track with deadly precision. I can be in 7th place and get just a single mushroom. I can have 10 coins and not even outpace 5th place. It's consistent enough that it really does feel like some super cheap bullshit rather than just Mario Kart silliness. Mostly, it just really pisses me off that they feel the need to alter the AI and Item balancing for that single track, where as the rest of Mirror Mode is reasonably fair game, if you're good at the tracks. Fuck it, and fuck Nintendo's bastard programmers to hell and back.

Mario Kart™

But seriously, I didn't have any problem with Mirror mode let alone Rainbow Road. Maybe you need to practice a little bit more?
150cc on the other hand was a fucking pain in the ass the first attempts tho.
Star and Lightning cups were the cruelest.

Porcile

Mario Kart™

But seriously, I didn't have any problem with Mirror mode let alone Rainbow Road. Maybe you need to practice a little bit more?
150cc on the other hand was a fucking pain in the ass the first attempts tho.
Star and Lightning cups were the cruelest.

150cc was a cake walk for me. Even Mirror Mode was easy up to this single point. I don't suck at RR either, I've won the race in practice mode as well. I'm calling conspiracy on this Bullshit. It's like I sold my soul to the devil for using Bowser to smack lighweights around, and now that Faustian pact is coming back to haunt me.

Finalow

just play online and get on the SP again later. or just ignore the SP, it's boring and can be frustrating if you arrive 1st in the first 3 races and then 4th in the last one, and thus not getting a star.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| why did you just vote TT.
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| Ok! Thank you! F**k you!
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| waiting for Mercedes-Benz - so unfair!
Mario Kart 8 |OT3| you just got MarioKart™ed.

Omnicent

that morton double play. held onto my shell to get dood, can't be hitin fellow mortons (if possible, we have the morton code of honor)

Finalow

3 red shells as second, ok! Kak.

also, do you stop unlocking stuff after 2700 coins or so? It's been a while since I've unlocked something and iirc the last time was when I had that number of coins.

Omnicent

3 red shells as second, ok! Kak.

also, do you stop unlocking stuff after 2700 coins or so? It's been a while since I've unlocked something and iirc the last time was when I had that number of coins.

10,000 for one of the gold items (hit 10k earlier today)

SmokeMaxX

What determines when threads get community'd? I've always wondered why the Smash thread hasn't been Community'd yet but maybe it's because the game isn't out?

ohlawd

How do I do that?

So for example if I boot up the game, play SP, switch to tilt, it will stay that way on MP?

yeah, it'll stay as tilt controls until you close the software.

you're asking if there's a way to start tilt controls in default and unfortunately, no, you can't.

Top Bottom