• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT2| I'm using tilt controls!

Finalow

some of tonight's races were just disgusting, getting hit as second or third in the last curves of the last lap, then pack arrives and destroys you with items and you end up 10th or worse ain't cool.

also that Yoshi Valley race which Roo won after I got blue shelled then 3 red shelled by the guy in the third place (in the last lap near the end, of course) then pack arrives and gg. I always forget to save these games and put them on you tube with something like "MARIO KART 8 - SKILL BASED GAME" - totally seeing that 80% brah.

I wanted to see if the anti-grav would make it faster and I didn't want to feel cheap.
y I heard you like 3 red shells.

Roo

The curves in Toad's Turnpike are gradual enough that you should be holding the left stick in the opposite direction of the drift somewhat (not all the way) after you start it.
I'll do some time trials once I'm done here and I'll try this.
Thanks for the advice.

Finalow

The curves in Toad's Turnpike are gradual enough that you should be holding the left stick in the opposite direction of the drift somewhat (not all the way) after you start it.
the world records do always the same thing there. they take those 2 huge curves during the entire lap and they keep bounching on the rail, still with the boost. how do you do that?

Finalow

WHO'S THE SHRIMP-DICK FUCK-NUGGET WHO USED THE LIGHTNING BOLT AT THE LAST FUCKING SECOND!?!?
so much
salt+line.gif

chadboban

Take first place at the beginning of the final lap during a GAF race.
Feel proud :)
Realize that I'm in first place in a fucking GAF race! D:
mfw
1c701d79847d7b7411359385510b40464b54c0bba45b2d0b0f04884dd2062287.jpg

Finalow

exactly, why didn't we play Frantic Mode? Seriously, stop playing the normal mode. that mushroom or coin that you get when you're 12th makes me cringe.

Albo

trying to play online off TV on the gampead rooms away be like

George-Costanza-Squint-and-Shock.gif

as long as I stand completey still the connection is fine...

Burning Justice

the superior princess
the world records do always the same thing there. they take those 2 huge curves during the entire lap and they keep bounching on the rail, still with the boost. how do you do that?
Watching the WR now... do you mean fire-hopping? You'll go a bit faster if you hop back and forth during any sort of boost... but it's a glitch, and it's frowned upon to do that in the GAF community. It also doesn't work with inward-drift bikes.

If that's not what you meant, then I'm not sure. Looking at the Toad's Turnpike WR, I'm not seeing anything hugely out of the ordinary.

Finalow

Watching the WR now... do you mean fire-hopping? You'll go a bit faster if you hop back and forth during any sort of boost... but it's a glitch, and it's frowned upon to do that in the GAF community. It also doesn't work with inward-drift bikes.

If that's not what you meant, then I'm not sure. Looking at the Toad's Turnpike WR, I'm not seeing anything hugely out of the ordinary.
no, everyone is fire-hopping there of course but I meant literally bouncing on the rail and still keeping the boost. don't they do that? I was pretty sure that some guy around the wr time was doing it.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
no, everyone is fire-hopping there of course but I meant literally bouncing on the rail and still keeping the boost. don't they do that? I was pretty sure that some guy around the wr time was doing it.

Oh, now I see what you're saying. It didn't look to me like he was actually hitting the rail. I'll watch it again later to make sure...

Top Bottom