• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

^ You definitely were in second.

A lightning in second? What in the world!

I'm the only middleweight in this room. Not fair.

Roo

Coins in the last 3 item boxes..
I seriously want to kill the asshole that thought it would be a good idea to include coins as an item.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Missed the Grumble shortcut. :( I've been hitting pretty well lately too.

And Omnicent single handedly kept me out of that race.

DooD1234

To be completely honest, I can't remember the last time we played together.
You're usually looking for a race when it's 3-4am here lol

Well, it certainly isn't serious business but it's nice to talk about the tactical aspect of the game from time to time.
When I'm behind first, they always try to hit me with their items. Last night it was basically Justice and me in Piranha Plant Slide and he had triple green shells. He threw two of them backwards to hit me (he nailed me both times) As a golden rule, never ever follow the guy ahead of you because I'm sure as fuck they'll try to hit you. Anticipate their moves, it usually works. Sometimes it's better to take a wide turn than a sharp one polluted with bananas and shit.

Yeah, I agree, I sometimes go make a wider turn than normal to grab item boxes instead in some tracks as missing an item box is the difference between winning and losing (although the item box sometimes decides to troll you with items that doesn't help). I like to leave banana at sharp corners or that ramp at DK jungle which will slow them down a bit or a lot if their hit. Also love to red shell folks at flying ramps and watch them fall to their doom. Sometimes though you just don't get the items you need to get ahead so you have to settle for the next best ranking at the end of the race.

Lol everybody hit me on that 2nd lap after that blue shell! And them I got a bullet bill on the 3rd and it dropped me off right in front of one of those tiki dudes hilarious race lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom