• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed an item box and said fuck it I'll go back and get one and somebody threw a red shell at me while I was going in reverse! Lol

Damn first time having a mushroom with a blue shell after me and I fail :(

Roo

Why?
iBvWrHO4Mk73D.gif

DooD1234

You guys made my sodium levels rise to very high levels tonight. I was at one point spamming "Not Fair" on the Mario Kart Prechat. Seriously, stop kicking racers on the ground when they are already down. The one that made me so salty is when BurningJustice robbed me of my first on Grumble Volcano. What are you and Roo doing to stay away from the middle of the pack? I swear I could never pull away from the pack lol.

I think I only got like 2 first place that night. Well GGs everyone.

DooD1234

You know, thinking back on some of the races that I got first, it feels like I can only earn first if the dang item box decides to bless me with the right items at the right time (as well as a perfectly timed blue shell to screw over first).

Anyone ever feels like that the only way they can earn first?

Roo

You guys made my sodium levels rise to very high levels tonight. I was at one point spamming "Not Fair" on the Mario Kart Prechat. Seriously, stop kicking racers on the ground when they are already down. The one that made me so salty is when BurningJustice robbed me of my first on Grumble Volcano. What are you and Roo doing to stay away from the middle of the pack? I swear I could never pull away from the pack lol.

I think I only got like 2 first place that night. Well GGs everyone.

I can't speak for Justice but in my case, from what I've seen, some people have simply terrible item management.
There have been moments where I've seen people using their triple shells, mushrooms, stars, lightnings and bullet bills the second they're available.
Now, I know there are moments when doing this is actually necessary and it's justified but others.. well, it mostly does a disservice to the player using them. They either get hit too soon and far away from the next line of item boxes or end up getting a crappy item making it almost impossible to break off the pack.

Learning where and when use items is very important and can (most of the cases) ensure a high place at the end of the race.
Off the top of my head Burning Justice, Albo, ohlawd, Merrick, SM239 and ffdgh are people I know have a decent/great item management and you can see that by the number of races they've won.

To that add some skills and luck and you're set.

DooD1234

I can't speak for Justice but in my case, from what I've seen, some people have simply terrible item management.
There have been moments where I've seen people using their triple shells, mushrooms, stars, lightnings and bullet bills the second they're available.
Now, I know there are moments when doing this is actually necessary and it's justified but others.. well, it mostly does a disservice to the player using them. They either get hit too soon and far away from the next line of item boxes or end up getting a crappy item making it almost impossible to break off the pack.

Learning where and when use items is very important and can (most of the cases) ensure a high place at the end of the race.
Off the top of my head Burning Justice, Albo, ohlawd, Merrick, SM239 and ffdgh are people I know have a decent/great item management and you can see that by the number of races they've won.

To that add some skills and luck and you're set.

Yeah, I saved and use my mushrooms at the right time such as cutting corners at Mario Circuit and the like but then the person behind me conveniently has a red shell lol. Also don't use the game pad so I don't know what items other people are carrying. Also used my red shells sparingly as there no point in throwing all of it to nail one guy one time. The only item I use all of it right away is the crazy eight becuz I have bad experiences with lightning or people stealing my star and consequently running me over and exploding my bomb.

Most races I'm behind the people you listed most of the time which makes me wonder how are you getting so far ahead without getting attacked by items from all sides. All night for example, I'm mostly been 3rd with you and burning fighting for first. Well at least that what I remember the majority of my races that night anyways.

Well, I'll get better over time like I had a few good snipes with banana thanks to racing you guys (as well as evilly throwing red shells over at flying section, always so funny watching them fall from the sky). Got to work with my bomb throw though so I can have some epic moments like that gif albo posted a couple pages back.

Edit: Just realize we are talking bout mario kart like its serious business lol

http://youtu.be/OKqvH4qGqF0

Just want to share this before I sleep for the night. One of my favorite green shell hits that led me to first against you guys. It not impressive like albo bomb toss but I'm proud of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom