• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baleoce

Perhaps we could allow firehopping here? Too controversial? :p

While it exists, I don't see it as controversial. Use every tool you can, and don't regret it. However, do I want it to get patched out? Absolutely Yes. I would prefer to see more balance between kart and bikes. I also don't like that coins designation on most corners favour outside drifters. Not to say that bikes are weak or anything. skill > gimmicks every time, and I've run into a lot of great bike players. Infact I'm thinking of switching to it myself.

Dr Prob

Banned
I'm ok with that.
We "set" that rule thinking about new players but at this point only MK8 regulars fill those rooms. Let's wait to see what the rest have to say about it.

Never though I'd see the day. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

The GAF tournaments are great because you get to race against fellow weirdos who you recognize, but the no hopping rule can be really frustrating at times. "Stars suck!" Yes, they kinda do in this game, but you can make better use of them through hopping, yet you can't because rules and I'M GOING SO SLOW.

At best, in a perfect run it's maybe a two or three second advantage, but when does that ever happen? Most of the time you're being hit by shit left and right so it doesn't matter at all, apart from making the rooms less fun to drive in. Let us loose!

Exentryk

While it exists, I don't see it as controversial. Use every tool you can, and don't regret it. However, do I want it to get patched out? Absolutely Yes. I would prefer to see more balance between kart and bikes. I also don't like that coins designation on most corners favour outside drifters. Not to say that bikes are weak or anything. skill > gimmicks every time, and I've run into a lot of great bike players. Infact I'm thinking of switching to it myself.

Currently as it stands, with no one firehopping in GAF rooms, both bikes and karts are equal. I can see why the rule is in place, as we do get people that only occasionally play the game, for example, boutdown today.

Either way, I'm okay with whatever.

Some idiot from Finland in the UK tournament trying to ruin my winning streak

*Came first in every race apart from one on fucking toad's turnpike because of a blue shell, would've qualified otherwise :(

DooD1234

Alright, just uploaded some videos again. Here are some of my favorite moments in yesterdays night race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbg90NHRqQM

In this one, I had the right items at the right time and pulled through first. I also cost Roo the entire race also it seems like lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jgQdZ1lmYc

Any second longer and I may have lost the entire race. It was also the only time where I managed a 2 win first place streak. Then it just went downhill for the rest of the night (with several decent placing and occasional first)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-nTgaozWiM

Blue shells ftw. Surprised myself when I had several screw-ups in the race like falling off that shortcut and a random green shell hitting me at the ramp before I got the bullet bill (couldn't get that scene into the replay).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XodeSzWhG_I

This is the race that made me went "Uhhh, where everybody go?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sdYrf0y_d0

This race, I just kept cutting corners becuz the Mario Kart Gods decides to keep blessing me with mushrooms at the end there. Surprisingly enough no one had triple reds either is the best part.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The end of that first lap, man. Hit by a pirahna plant while in the air, then I get bumped off the track.

Never recovered from that.

God damn it. Of course when I start playing people start bugging the hell out of me.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Did a lot better than I expected, aside from a couple races where I kept getting interrupted.

Shame that last race on Bowser's Castle had a crummy ending. Spent a lap and a half battling one other person for first before I managed to get a solid lead. Middle of the third lap I get hit by a red shell followed immediately by a blue shell and the guy catches back up. Still came in second easily, but them consecutive shells...

Burning Justice

the superior princess
You guys are in a WW, right? Wanted to join you, but none of you are on my recent player list anymore.

Oh well, I don't think I'm gonna be able to play very long tonight anyway!

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I got kicked out lol

Haha. My game just got stuck at "Searching for players..." for a couple of minutes, then gave me an error code.

EDIT: Keep getting error code 118-0515 every time I join your room. Guess it's a firewall issue between me and whoever is host in that room.

EDIT 2: Finally got into spectator mode without an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom