• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

With that first place, I'm out.
Had a lot of fun. I wish you could join earlier Exentryk. You missed a really great room today.
70% were old MK8 players.
It was like.. one of those made at launch :D
Anyway, GGs guys :)

Because other than their hit factor (which is as useless as its speed) there's nothing good in it. Nintendo nerfed them so much that they're as helpful as a blooper.
didn't they used to increase your overall speed?
Yeah. it's a joke by now. I mean, in Toad's Turnpike I was right behind you and the game decided to give me two stars while it gave you nothing but horns.
Didn't matter. I couldn't even get near you. You still won.

Exentryk

lol Merrick. That was at the shortcut right? Couldn't stop laughing as I saw you drop to 3rd or something XD

With that first place, I'm out.
Had a lot of fun. I wish you could join earlier Exentryk. You missed a really great room.
70% were old MK8 players. Seemed like a room today.
It was like.. One of those made at launch :D
Anyway, GGs guys :)

GGs Roo. I'll try to wake up early on Sat next week. Hopefully we get the same people.

EDIT - Gotta go guys. Good games :)

I'm waiting for an hour or so.

I don't want to race against small numbers of people and ruin my chances because of the way points work.

Im in. I'll let you know how it goes. Did I read right it's just 4 human players vs cpu. Track changes every 4th turn?

Albo

Racing now. In the lead in points in my lobby, so far so good. I don't get how long we have to race for though? Is there a set amount of races or just go for the four hour duration?

edit: oh it switches lobbies every 4 races

Racing now. In the lead in points in my lobby, so far so good. I don't get how long we have to race for though? Is there a set amount of races or just go for the four hour duration?

Think after 16 races it stops counting your points. Lobby changes every 4 races. I'm off to a bad start

afoni

Banned
Heading on now. Hoping I don't cock it up.

edit: guy in front is exploiting and I got hit out of second on the last stretch

BRILLIANT

Heading on now. Hoping I don't cock it up.

edit: guy in front is exploiting and I got hit out of second on the last stretch

BRILLIANT

Good luck dude!

Ah didn't see your edit. After a bad start I'm doing OK. Not good enough to win as I imagine there are some people who will come first almost every race. Onto the last 4 races now

Managed to finish with back to back wins. 174 points. Pretty pleased with that.

Edit: Just saw 234, 229 and 210 are the scores to beat so a fair bit off but I can't complain. I started awful but to be honest had a lot of luck in the last few races like back to back crazy 8 in 3rd towards the end of the last lap.

Albo

Finished with 200. I was hoping for multiple attempts but it tells you any more races won't count towards your ranking.

Even getting 200 was lucky considering I only saw one firehopper (HD Zap guy) and I think winning in rooms with many bots still gave me max points. Will try again next heat.

Finished with 200. I was hoping for multiple attempts but it tells you any more races won't count towards your ranking.

Even getting 200 was lucky considering I only saw one firehopper (HD Zap guy) and I think winning in rooms with many bots still gave me max points. Will try again next heat.

Can you enter multiple heats? If so I'll try again but with people getting 234 of a possible 240 points I don't think I have much chance.

afoni

Banned

I think I was in a game with you. I specifically remember cursing at you because you did something awful to me.

I don't take it back.

Baleoce

http://www.nintendolife.com/mk8

will i be seeing any of you on the track?

I entered. Made the mistake of going straight in. There was a lot of communication errors going on. And then my internet decided to play up (bloody BT), even though I have the Wii U LAN adapter plugged straight into my router. The internet decided to cut out. Got comm errored on 4 races out of 16, 3 of which I was leading. Ended up with about 156 points or so. Top 3 are averaging 230 points.

At least I know for next time. Might leave it til about past half way through the qualifier to start.

afoni

Banned
I entered. Made the mistake of going straight in. There was a lot of communication errors going on. And then my internet decided to play up (bloody BT), even though I have the Wii U LAN adapter plugged straight into my router. The internet decided to cut out. Got comm errored on 4 races out of 16, 3 of which I was leading. Ended up with about 156 points or so. Top 3 are averaging 230 points.

At least I know for next time. Might leave it til about past half way through the qualifier to start.

Oh, hi. You were a Morton on a Mario Kart Stadium race that I won.

Saw you hoppin'.

I'm a Daisy.

Albo

Can you enter multiple heats? If so I'll try again but with people getting 234 of a possible 240 points I don't think I have much chance.

It says in the rules "You will receive a 12 digit tournament code reminder 24 hours prior to each heat" so new code for each heat might allow multiple attemptsn.

I think I was in a game with you. I specifically remember cursing at you because you did something awful to me.

I don't take it back.

I don't remember seeing you, but I was under the tag Kay and using my usual flaming DK rider setup.

Exentryk

Anyway, I really need to learn to use bikes. A small group with Exentryk and Merrick is a lost cause for me. I feel like I'm in huge disadvantage.

Lol. And here I'm thinking about switching to karts coz bikes just can't keep up with good firehoppers. Perhaps I'll start playing with karts in GAF rooms from here on.

Roo

Lol. And here I'm thinking about switching to karts coz bikes just can't keep up with good firehoppers. Perhaps I'll start playing with karts in GAF rooms from here on.

Well, with firehop I think I could handle you guys but since I don't firehop in GAF rooms it's really hard to keep up. Especially with you >.<
In WW rooms I hit that hop button like there's no tomorrow lol

Roo

I'm ok with that.
We "set" that rule thinking about new players but at this point only MK8 regulars fill those rooms. Let's wait to see what the rest have to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom