• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Agent Carter S2 |OT| S.H.I.E.L.D. L.A. - Tuesdays 9/8c

mooncakes

Thats the Griffith observatory when they had the shootout in episode 2. I was there for a field trip for astronomy class lol.

kurahador

I don't think this show is coming back for a season 3, guys

Fasts-Demo-2016-Jan-TUE.19.png

When you tie or do worse than most of Fox's shows on the same night, you know you're screwed.

As sad as I am, it does make sense for this show to ends considering that certain scene in the upcoming Civil War.
I just hope this season won't ends on cliffhanger.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wow, The Flash actually did not-red numbers. When did that start happening?

Since forever. Its ratings in its first season were between 1.2 and 1.9 with an average of about 1.4. http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-flash-season-one-ratings-34271/

So far, this season has seen ratings between 1.3 and 1.5 with an average of about 1.4. http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-flash-season-two-ratings-38406/

And aren't the +DVR numbers more important now anyway?

No. Advertisers don't pay for people to fast-forward through their commercials on DVRs.

Sadist

Okay, that was fun! Quick pacing, fast action and Jarvis! Quick observations;

- Dottie in the first scene is great.
- Not so great? Chief Jack feeling intimidated by Peggy. Stupid jerk.
- Bernard the flamingo is the devil himself
- Haha, Mrs. Jarvis is absolutely not what I expected. She's fun! Only thing throwing me off is Lotte Verbeek's accent. That's a Dutchy allright.
- Lots of mysteries already. And the MCU's version of Madame Masque? Cool!
- "Good lord, is that a mirror?"
- Lol Jarvis training.
- Show seems more... lighter in tone than season one. Isn't a bad thing by all means.
- Jarvis and Peggy dynamic is still fantastic. Great combo.
- Hnnnggggg the outfits of Hayley hnngggg

antonz

Episode was not bad but it did not take long to return to the love sick puppy trope for women. Last Season was all about how badass she was and while she was still missing Steve etc. she was at least in a good place.

All of a sudden she's swooning and crying over a guy she met days earlier.

Quick

Banned
"Very big with the coloured crowd." - seems like a tiny step into the more racial tones of the time period, like they said in interviews about season 2.

Pau

Enjoyed the premiere! Peggy and Jarvis are great as over, and I like Mrs. Jarvis. Didn't expect to have something like that happen to Dr. Wilkins so soon, but I assume he's alive with some kind of power.

And I really need to learn how to style my hair like Peggy. Looks so good.

Episode was not bad but it did not take long to return to the love sick puppy trope for women. Last Season was all about how badass she was and while she was still missing Steve etc. she was at least in a good place.

All of a sudden she's swooning and crying over a guy she met days earlier.
To be fair, I'd cry too if my actions somewhat resulted in the death of a good person. She's not like... wallowing over it.

Apoc29

I thought the first episode was pretty weak. There was nothing really "Marvel" about it; it just seemed like a bad episode of X-Files. The second episode was much better though; the zero matter stuff was pretty cool.

I like Howard Stark having a presence on the show even when he's not there.

Amazingly, they got through a couple episodes without mentioning Captain America. I guess they don't really need to do that stuff anymore since this is Season 2 and they're comfortable with forging their own identity.

I will say that all of the new characters introduced are pretty good which is a good sign. I don't believe we've seen the last of Wilkes, he's probably just chilling with Thor.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Just watched the episodes and read the thread and was surprised that no one was screaming
HYDRA
the moment the pin first appeared onscreen.

Episodes were fun though. Definitely feeling this better than S1 first episodes.

Parch

Shame if this is the last season. I liked the first season.
They could bring in Howard Stark as a regular. Go all in with Hydra and Red Skull. Plenty of potential for the show and I really like the old timey style. It's not your average superhero drama show.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I think it's either the gravitonium from Agents of SHIELD season one, or some completely different substance.

So people online seem to think that it's Darkforce, the stuff that gave that Blackout guy his powers in that season 1 AoS episode. I had completely forgotten that episode existed.

Why is Peggy's ratings so low :( she deserves better a travesty if she gets cancelled

If cancelled I'll be gutted she is great a real strong female character on TV

Netflix save us

Penguin

Why is Peggy's ratings so low :( she deserves better a travesty if she gets cancelled

If cancelled I'll be gutted she is great a real strong female character on TV

Netflix save us

Ha if Netflix didn't save Constantine which did better, I doubt Peggy's on their radar.

and I'm trying to figure this out as well.

Not that people don't watch it, but it doesn't even seem like AoS' audience carries over much.

jph139

The fact we even got a second season was a miracle, so I can't say I'm surprised. Just gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

So people online seem to think that it's Darkforce, the stuff that gave that Blackout guy his powers in that season 1 AoS episode. I had completely forgotten that episode existed.

Maybe because the showrunners explicitly said that that's what it is?

Toa TAK

Banned
The fact we even got a second season was a miracle, so I can't say I'm surprised. Just gotta enjoy it while it lasts.
I feel the same. Which sucks because I dropped out of AOS early in season 3, but I'm always amped for this show and its characters.

I'm a nitwit, because I thought it was gravitonium at first too. Darkforce, of course, makes more sense.

sol_bad

Just started episode 1, the bank vault fight, can someone please teach them how to edit fight scenes better?
All the camera cutting is annoying!!!!!!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Just started episode 1, the bank vault fight, can someone please teach them how to edit fight scenes better?
All the camera cutting is annoying!!!!!!

I thought it was okay. I didn't have a problem following any of it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Carter and Wilkes have good chemistry. Episode 2 is definitely better than the premiere. All the interactions between Carter and Jarvis are gold. It makes sense they would bond *wink wink* over their shared home country. They're both just so wonderfully British around each other.

The mysteries themselves aren't grabbing me. But addressing racism of the era was a needed touch, it would have been odd if they didn't. Now give me Madame Masque asap.

finally watched the premier and enjoyed it very much. the new setting is cool and Jarvis continues to be great (peggy also obviously).

look forward to what they do with
madam masque

Pachimari

Just finished the second episode, and I am loving this show now. I seriously hope, the viewer numbers and ratings goes up, if the show keeps this quality.

I just wonder. Is the Zero Matter, the same as the Dark Matter in Agents of Shield? Or is it its own thing, related to Doctor Strange?

Oh, Dark Force, not the Dark Matter. Which episode is this? [edit]I found it. It's "Providence" with Blackout. Gotta rewatch that one.

That's the baron's younger wife on into the badlands, right? She's too perfect, definitely evil.

Woah, Whitney Frost is in Into the Badlands?

LOL, that car sucks

Hello Hydra pin
That was a Hydra pin? Who's Hydra in this show? And where did she get it from?

I bet they create SHIELD by the end of the season and Thompson knowingly or not puts Hydra members inside.
I really hope we'll at least get a Season 3, were we see the creation and foundation of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quick

Banned
If they're gonna wrap up Agent Carter either this season, next season, or beyond, I want the show to finish with the formation of SHIELD.

Pachimari

If they're gonna wrap up Agent Carter either this season, next season, or beyond, I want the show to finish with the formation of SHIELD.

This would be perfect.

I'm really sad about the numbers its doing. Last season, I didn't care much, but these two episodes have been tremendous.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

i could see them wrap this up & spin up Most Wanted or Damage Control in it's place next year

Zero-ELEC

Banned
That was a Hydra pin? Who's Hydra in this show? And where did she get it from?

It was the same "ramhead" symbol of ancient HYDRA from AoS, so at it's at least a spin-off of the ancient cult that would become HYDRA. As for who is HYDRA, the Council of Nine all had those pins. The people trying to kill the Jason Wilkes had one in their car. Whomever the Black Widow was planning to steal from also had a pin.

About the ratings, does the whole "you need certain amount of episodes in syndication" thing affect mini-series like this?

Top Bottom