• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Agent Carter S2 |OT| S.H.I.E.L.D. L.A. - Tuesdays 9/8c

ag-my001

Finally got around to the dvr, and I liked it. It'll be a fun little ride. However, one thing really stuck out to me, and it wasn't the outfits:

WHY DID THE PERIODIC TABLE IN THE BACKGROUND HAVE SEVEN FULL ROWS?! Even when this was filmed, it shouldn't have been filled in yet. Heck, in 1947, a bunch of elements were still being declassified, and the table had the "half row" design for the transition metals.

Sorry if that was discussed before, but what a giant anachronism for a period piece that is centered on a nuclear test gone wrong.

pestul

Just started episode 1, the bank vault fight, can someone please teach them how to edit fight scenes better?
All the camera cutting is annoying!!!!!!
Me and my wife noticed this as well. It was 'almost' Catwoman / Taken 3 levels of cuts.. but other than that, we really enjoyed the episodes. I hope they can really tie things up by the end of this season, because I think it will be its last.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
About the ratings, does the whole "you need certain amount of episodes in syndication" thing affect mini-series like this?

Probably not. The whole reason this show exists is to fill in the gap between the first and second halves of Agents of SHIELD during a somewhat lower-rated post-holiday period. As long as ABC doesn't determine that something else could do a better job of that than Agent Carter, Carter will return with another season. But they might try a different Marvel-related show in this spot next season to see if it does better than this show; it wouldn't surprise me.

Pachimari

I can see Most Wanted slot in instead.

Anyway, I at least hope, that the next 8 episodes will keep up the quality the first two episodes have set. :)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Finally watched both eps, and really liked them, but then I also really liked S1 :p
I nearly died with the bit about Howard's car, and Ms Jarvis is amazing.

So that black shit is Thanos, right?
Spoilers dude!!
It's the Darkforce

Ha if Netflix didn't save Constantine which did better, I doubt Peggy's on their radar.

and I'm trying to figure this out as well.

Not that people don't watch it, but it doesn't even seem like AoS' audience carries over much.
Well, Netflix is actually adding this season's episodes in Nordic regions as they air in the US (like they did with Better Call Saul everywhere outside the US), and it already has a deal with Marvel/ABC, so if anything I'd say it has a better chance than most.

TheOddOne

- IGN: Marvel's TV Head Jeph Loeb Talks Agent Carter, SHIELD spinoff, Luke Cage and X-Men On TV.
IGN: Agent Carter is back! In Season 2, it seems like you're going supernatural with Madame Masque. Can you talk about exploring the Darkforce/Zero Matter side of the Marvel Universe this season?

Jeph Loeb: I don't know that we would call it "supernatural." As with everything that happens in the Marvel Universe, it's very science-based. As we more and more discover things about the Marvel Universe, it's very exciting to see what's going to happen, particularly when we're looking at a time period where the world has just discovered the atomic bomb. I'm sure to a lot of the world that looked supernatural. So what Carter is doing is caught very much up in something that will have a tremendous impact on the Marvel Universe. At the same time, she's got to rescue the world as they know it.
IGN: There are elements there that have parallels to Doctor Strange, which we'll be seeing in the not-too-distant future. What logistics and timing goes into making that work from a behind-the-scenes perspective?

Loeb: You're not going to love my response, but #ItsAllConnected. [Laughs] That's all I can really say. As we've often said, to the world at large, Marvel looks like a giant octopus that's out to swallow the galaxy -- which, by the way, we are. But we are in fact a rather small and intimate company. Agent Carter happens to be the only project that we actually coproduce with the Marvel Studios [film] side. So having Louis D'Esposito, who was very involved in the Agent Carter short, through this season and into last season, this is a way that we communicate with one another. So what's going on in the movie division and what's going on in the TV division is something which is constantly a state of sharing and making things work.

We don't do things for the sake of doing them; we do them because it makes a richer experience for the viewer and for our fans and hope that you can enjoy Carter without ever understanding that there could be a larger implication and you can enjoy the show because it does touch on things that are cool and coming and that kind of thing. Personally, I love the show because it's got great writing and an awesome cast.

Did anyone else notice some strange camera angles? They zoomed in a lot on the Isodyne receptionist and the racist donut shop guy. Kind of odd.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
They got Kid Colt in this. Holy moly.

14110-1199-15788-1-kid-colt-outlaw.jpg

Top Bottom