• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

VyIa2rD.png

dat traps

Slayven

Is Drax a very dramatic character in the comics? If not, I'm sure Bautista will do fine.

Depends what death he is on. He started off smart and driven to kill Thanos, then his daughter killed him(long story) and he came back dumber than the hulk, he got killed again, and came back as Kratos.

JdFoX187

Banned
I'm not saying Batista can act worth a shit, but I think he has enough "acting chops" to do Drax. It shouldn't be that demanding of a role, and he can be somewhat clever, as seen in his last run in WWE before he quit.

Slayven

I'm not saying Batista can act worth a shit, but I think he has enough "acting chops" to do Drax. It shouldn't be that demanding of a role, and he can be somewhat clever, as seen in his last run in WWE before he quit.
Yeah, all he has to do is look like a force of nature and say the odd one liner. He can handle it.

DieH@rd

Banned
Batista will be fine. I wanted Momoa, but this is OK.

When are they starting filming? June?July? I want to know who will be Gamora and RR.

Sojgat

Batista is awful, it should have been Vin Diesel. New Drax has essentially always been a rip-off of Riddick anyway. A missed opportunity.

Dysun

Batista is alot smaller these days, he hasn't been on the same kind of gear.

What a disappointment from Drogo to WWE

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
nobody's fault but Momoa's.

but Batista should be fine.

Drax is not going to have to do any heavy lifting as far as acting goes.

I have no idea who Batista is, but I take it he's a (former?) wrestler. Marvel's casting has generally been good this far so I'll give them the benefit of a doubt.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Batista's face is PERFECT for Drax. It'll be an issue if he's not that tall though. Movie magic will be required.

Pachimari

Yay, got 3 more hero movies, X-Men 2 and Ghost Rider 2! So now I got:

- The Dark Knight
- Thr Amazing Spider-Man
- The Avengers
- X-Men
- X-Men 2
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Anth0ny

Yay, got 3 more hero movies, X-Men 2 and Ghost Rider 2! So now I got:

- The Dark Knight
- Thr Amazing Spider-Man
- The Avengers
- X-Men
- X-Men 2
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Right now, you must pick up:

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Batman Begins
Batman 1989
Iron Man

sell Ghost Rider and Amazing Spider-Man

FourMyle

Okay so to get into this universe I ONLY have to watch the movies in the OP, right? I won't have to suffer through Ghost Rider or Dare Devil (again) right?

Just finished Greg Rucka's run on Punisher with issue 5 of Punisher: War Zone (the mini-series after the main series). God, it's good.

Kevin Feige, read this now. Put Frank Castle in the MCU and use Rucka's run as inspiration. Seriously Kevin Please!

I wanna see Frank take on the Avengers on screen like here. I really, really do.

JdFoX187

Banned
Just finished Greg Rucka's run on Punisher with issue 5 of Punisher: War Zone (the mini-series after the main series). God, it's good.

Kevin Feige, read this now. Put Frank Castle in the MCU and use Rucka's run as inspiration. Seriously Kevin Please!

I wanna see Frank take on the Avengers on screen like here. I really, really do.

If there was ever a Marvel character that would make an excellent non-neutered TV series, The Punisher would be it. Forget SHIELD, forget the awful Hulk series -- make a fucking Punisher film that's not some awful undercover procedural like Fox was cooking up. Stick that on FX with a decent budget and plenty of gore and watch the ratings roll in.

If there was ever a Marvel character that would make an excellent non-neutered TV series, The Punisher would be it. Forget SHIELD, forget the awful Hulk series -- make a fucking Punisher film that's not some awful undercover procedural like Fox was cooking up. Stick that on FX with a decent budget and plenty of gore and watch the ratings roll in.

It'll never happen. I dunno why, but it won't. I've been imagining an HBO Punisher series for years. I've devised entire plot lines and arcs and shit, episode break-downs. But it'll never happen.

eastx

I just don't think it would catch on because the Punisher isn't a sympathetic enough character. He's 'good' after a fashion but very much inhuman and immune to the normal desires and wants that we all share.

Me, I'd just like a good Daredevil series, and ol' Punisher could guest star occasionally.

It'll never happen. I dunno why, but it won't. I've been imagining an HBO Punisher series for years. I've devised entire plot lines and arcs and shit, episode break-downs. But it'll never happen.
This would make too much sense therefore it won't happen :(

Anth0ny

Okay hold up.

I thought Iron Man 3 was getting an early release for IMAX only (April 25?). My theatre still says May 3. What's the deal?

strobogo

Banned
I just don't think it would catch on because the Punisher isn't a sympathetic enough character. He's 'good' after a fashion but very much inhuman and immune to the normal desires and wants that we all share.

Me, I'd just like a good Daredevil series, and ol' Punisher could guest star occasionally.

Most of the top cable shows in the past decade have had main characters that were bad and not particularly likable. Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead, Dexter, and so forth. I don't think a non-sympathetic main character is much of an issue anymore.

Batista's face is PERFECT for Drax. It'll be an issue if he's not that tall though. Movie magic will be required.

He's 6'6, that's pretty damn tall. Maybe not Drax tall(I have no idea how tall he is), but he should tower over everybody else in the movie so it should give a good us a feel of his power and size.

Jonogunn

Most of the top cable shows in the past decade have had main characters that were bad and not particularly likable. Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Walking Dead, Dexter, and so forth. I don't think a non-sympathetic main character is much of an issue anymore.

Not to mention most good guys in wrestling now a days are semi-bad good guys. The WWF attitude era really changed things.

Top Bottom