• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Well shit I stand corrected re: my previous statements. Doom is pretty fucking awesome, but I personally think Thanos is the top-dog king of badassery.
Thanos is great and all, and a total badass, but nowhere near as interesting or complex as Doom is.

Just to be clear, I am not putting down Thanos. I am just saying Doom is a better character.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Thanos is great and all, and a total badass, but nowhere near as interesting or complex as Doom is.

Just to be clear, I am not putting down Thanos. I am just saying Doom is a better character.

Oh for sure. Thanos isn't the deepest, most psychologically complex character by any means. Quite the opposite probably.

BUT he does stomp around the universe kicking everyone's ass like, all the time, which is awesome.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Oh for sure. Thanos isn't the deepest, most psychologically complex character by any means. Quite the opposite probably.

BUT he does stomp around the universe kicking everyone's ass like, all the time, which is awesome.

its not his complexity that makes thanos great, of course he is lackluster compared to dooms story which is maybe one of the top 3 villain origin stories of all time *although like many other chars i think his has been compiled by various FF writers*. Doom is very much so the self condemned soul ....and he knows and accepts it, Thanos is what he is, partially due to his obsession with the tranquility of non being, and partially because eternals are fucked up in the head sometimes.

The Beta Ray Bill episode is a favourite of mine, if only because of how much it's a straight adaptation of the comic- a comic I'd read for the first time only a week or so before the episode aired. It made me really happy.

Oh, and the Ant-Man/Heroes for Hire episode is a lot of fun too. Shame the Spider-Man episode wasn't better (I'm not just talking about the last-minute VO change either).

The Beta Ray Bill episode is a favourite of mine, if only because of how much it's a straight adaptation of the comic- a comic I'd read for the first time only a week or so before the episode aired. It made me really happy.

Oh, and the Ant-Man/Heroes for Hire episode is a lot of fun too. Shame the Spider-Man episode wasn't better (I'm not just talking about the last-minute VO change either).

I think there are only two things I really dislike about EMH, the first is that it ended and the second is the shit they pulled with Spider-Man. Josh Keaton fo life. I also didn't particularly care for the Secret Invasion story, mostly because I want to see the actual characters and not some fakes.

Also, fuck Jeph Loeb.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Doom won't be an Avengers movie villain. They need him for FF reboot, and they likely won't do crossover villains again after Loki. Not like we need him when there's Ultron and others still possible.

Salsa

posted yet?

Jumping off that, can you comment on the Deep Space Suit photos that have leaked?

Feige: Well I would say that I’ve owned a number of “Jungle Attack” Batmans in my time and I don’t remember any jungle attack batman sequences, so.

might contradict the supposed ending/post-credits?

Uncle

what will it take for Marvel to get Doom back

I'm assuming the F4 reboot bombing won't be enough

AFAIK Fox gets to keep the license as long as they keep making movies in whatever timeframe the contract stipulates. Or if they make a new contract for whatever reason.

Anth0ny

AFAIK Fox gets to keep the license as long as they keep making movies in whatever timeframe the contract stipulates. Or if they make a new contract for whatever reason.

Right, but the rights for Hulk/Cap/Iron Man and all the other properties eventually reverted back to Marvel after enough time/bombs.

Basically what I'm saying is... Will Fox ever give up on Fantastic Four and just let the rights revert back? Is Fantastic 4 still relevant? Rise of the Silver Surfer barely made more money at the box office than Ang Lee's Hulk.

Right, but the rights for Hulk/Cap/Iron Man and all the other properties eventually reverted back to Marvel after enough time/bombs.

Basically what I'm saying is... Will Fox ever give up on Fantastic Four and just let the rights revert back? Is Fantastic 4 still relevant? Rise of the Silver Surfer barely made more money at the box office than Ang Lee's Hulk.

Certainly less-so than X-Men and Spider-Man. We'll see those two rebooted, sequelized, prequelized, spun-off, and re-imagined until we're all in care homes :(

Salsa

the surf man

ah yes, my favorite Marvel character

surf.jpg

yes, but that's merely an easter egg, among many other suits

this might mean it's not as central to the plot

What's he going to say? "Oh yeah guys, here's our super secret post-credits scene, you guessed it. Also, Pepper dies, Fin Fang Foom is in Iron Man 4, and Tony wears Jungle Attack armour in Iron Man 5... to fight Black Panther!"

Salsa

What's he going to say? "Oh yeah guys, here's our super secret post-credits scene, you guessed it. Also, Pepper dies, Fin Fang Foom is in Iron Man 4, and Tony wears Jungle Attack armour in Iron Man 5... to fight Black Panther!"

hey, im just pointing out that it's the one time they adressed this on press. It's still a comment to throw us off, either on the intent of misleading the people who already know, or because there's some legitimacy on what he's saying

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
posted yet?

might contradict the supposed ending/post-credits?
Doesn't contradict anything.

Deep space armor leaked in toys and on 4chan, then was confirmed by the trailer. Feige is being funny. The teaser's connection to the rest of the info posted on 4chan is the only link in question; we already know the armor exists.

I think I remember that Jungle Attack Batman. It had some weird purple wings contraption that was supposed to help him climb trees or something?

Some Batman toys were fucking dumb back in the day.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Joss Whedon Tells SXSW Crowd How He'll Bring Coulson Back From The Dead

Finally, there has to be at least one Marvel question. So while Whedon was in Austin to promote Shakespeare – notably his light, airy adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing, he paused ever so briefly to answer a question about the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV pilot. Acknowledging the presence of seemingly-deceased Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) on the panel – Gregg plays Leonato in the Much Ado ensemble – Whedon tried to explain how the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent returns from the dead.

“I’ll tell you guys this, Heimlich,” Whedon joked, before effectively clamming up about the show. “I can’t talk about it,” he admitted, but said that he did bring Coulson back from the dead for the ABC drama. “Yes. For realsies.”

COULSON LIVES!!!

tumblr_m9r4espsgg1rnjm06-thumb-500x269-59474.gif

J10

Banned
I thought it was known already that it's just flashbacks to things that have already happened in the movies, only now they're showing them from Coulson's perspective - whatever was happening off screen while the cameras were on the superheros. The stuff in New Mexico with Thor, Coulson trying to get a meeting with Stark, digging Rogers out of the ice, etc. I dunno how they'll make all that interesting though.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was known already that it's just flashbacks to things that have already happened in the movies, only now they're showing them from Coulson's perspective - whatever was happening off screen while the cameras were on the superheros. The stuff in New Mexico with Thor, Coulson trying to get a meeting with Stark, digging Rogers out of the ice, etc. I dunno how they'll make all that interesting though.

Really doubt that and if they do go that way I think those flashbacks will lead up to and culminate in a mid-season cliffhanger that shows how he survived/was revived post-Avengers.

If that's the case I guess it will be pretty cool. I always wanted to see a bit more focus on Captain America's role as an icon so hopefully it would be able to provide that.

I always figured fury just straight up lied about him being dead to begin with so the team would have the "push they" needed.
And i really want the tv series to be post avengers.

It could go down like this:

Nick Fury walking along what appears to be a corridor within a bunker/military type installation.
He enters a room filled with portable/makeshift medical equipment.
We see agent Coulson lying in the bed chest bandaged.
Fury throws a folder marked "Manhattan Incident" on the agents lap waking him up:
"Time to come back from the dead agent"

Ninjafish is erased from the Internets for writing shitty fan scenarios

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
You're gonna have to hand out some blowjobs to the ppl at fox

yeah ...i thought ghost rider would be heading back to marvel for sure after those 2 horrible nic cage films...but apparently a 3rd is planned...how you mess up Ghost Rider is beyond me but ...whatever we got Punisher and DD back im going to have to be content.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
yeah ...i thought ghost rider would be heading back to marvel for sure after those 2 horrible nic cage films...but apparently a 3rd is planned...how you mess up Ghost Rider is beyond me but ...whatever we got Punisher and DD back im going to have to be content.

After Marvel and Disney got a lot of successes with their movies, I don't think Fox and Sony want those IP go back to Disney and Marvel's hands. Too bad, I would love to see Spider-Man and Fantastic Four go back to their hands.

Pachimari

Guys, I plan on buying all superhero movies on Blu-ray and today I bought X-Men and tomorrow I'm gonna buy X-Men 2 and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. I already got The Dark Knight.

So, is there a list of all superhero movies out on Blu-ray?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Guys, I plan on buying all superhero movies on Blu-ray and today I bought X-Men and tomorrow I'm gonna buy X-Men 2 and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. I already got The Dark Knight.

So, is there a list of all superhero movies out on Blu-ray?

If you haven't start collecting on Marvel Universe movies then just wait for collection which supposedly coming out next month.

Top Bottom