• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Gartooth

Google-Fu tells me it's apparently supposed to premiere on Good Morning America instead of now.

That's upsetting, I stayed up waiting for it! Thanks for the heads up though.

Edit: Yeah just checked Yahoo, and it says that it should be live by now but I can't find it anywhere.

JJD

Holy shit Bautista is Drax, just shave his head!!! The only question is if he can act. I doubt Drax is a demanding role so he probably fits perfectly!

Dave-Bautista.jpg

shira

Holy shit Bautista is Drax, just shave his head!!! The only question is if he can act. I doubt Drax is a demanding role so he probably fits perfectly!

tumblr_m2bt9sk8qT1qeoyepo1_r1_250.gif

Momoa is so good in interviews, it's too bad it doesn't translate to acting.

JJD

tumblr_m2bt9sk8qT1qeoyepo1_r1_250.gif

Momoa is so good in interviews, it's too bad it doesn't translate to acting.

Man...I bet he can act better than Bautista! Lol!

But frankly, I can't see Momoa as Drax. I think it's the beard and long hair.

And while he is a strong guy he is not buff enough...

I didn't know Bautista, I'm not american and don't follow WWF but DAMN when I saw him just now he seemed perfect IMO.

Just as I imagined Drax to be.

Isak_Borg

He was awesome as Drago. Everything else he had done? Not so much.

It's amazing how enamored people are with him off of that one role which was fairly minor. It's kind of annoying but they'll move onto someone else after his next couple of movies flop and he goes back to being Mr. Bonet (Which is a dope job within itself.).

But I would have loved to see him as Drax. oh, well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Drax will be tough to pull off. Someone who is pretty much one of the most vicious and indestructible assassins in the universe, who can still break character to contemplate his existence or show he has a sense of humor. I don't think you can just put any ridiculously muscular actor dude in that role, I don't know who I would cast though. That guy rumoured to be cast before at least looked the part though.

J10

Banned
They'll cast a big guy who can't act. Drax and Groot will be severely underwritten while Starlord and Gamora get the real meat. Raccoon will be the comedic wisecracking sidekick incessantly quipping at every inappropriate moment. Tony Stark will be there just to go WTF a talking raccoon.

They'll cast a big guy who can't act. Drax and Groot will be severely underwritten while Starlord and Gamora get the real meat. Raccoon will be the comedic wisecracking sidekick incessantly quipping at every inappropriate moment. Tony Stark will be there just to go WTF a talking raccoon.

Groot will be more comic relief in my opinion. And it will be the same line at all the inappropriate moments. "I AM GROOT!" And I will love that.

And you left you an important thing about Raccoon: blowing shit up.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's amazing how enamored people are with him off of that one role which was fairly minor. It's kind of annoying but they'll move onto someone else after his next couple of movies flop and he goes back to being Mr. Bonet (Which is a dope job within itself.).

But I would have loved to see him as Drax. oh, well.

I liked him in Stargate Atlantis.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I think Drax will be tough to pull off. Someone who is pretty much one of the most vicious and indestructible assassins in the universe, who can still break character to contemplate his existence or show he has a sense of humor. I don't think you can just put any ridiculously muscular actor dude in that role, I don't know who I would cast though. That guy rumoured to be cast before at least looked the part though.

uh to be fair all of that doesnt happen at one time, thats like 30 years of the character so it doesnt have to be all encompassing drax the destroyer, its not his solo mini from annihilation where he forgot his purpose.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
c'mon what else are they gonna do?

Mark Waid's Indestructible Hulk, which just kicked off, seems like it could be good source material. Bruce Banner finally decides to stop running, teams with SHIELD as long as they give him the technology, staffing, and equipment to make lasting contributions to humanity.

For SHIELD, Banner just lets them aim him like a cannon and drop him into tricky situations that need "smashing".

Mark Waid's Indestructible Hulk, which just kicked off, seems like it could be good source material. Bruce Banner finally decides to stop running, teams with SHIELD as long as they give him the technology, staffing, and equipment to make lasting contributions to humanity.

For SHIELD, Banner just lets them aim him like a cannon and drop him into tricky situations that need "smashing".

I am okay with that.

Again, there's no way they're not going to touch on the whole "Hulk kicks off and the Avengers have to clean it up" that Planet Hulk starts off with. They touched on it with the Helicarrier incident, but it could easily be a basis for the more "personal, darker" A2 Whedon wants.

Not a huge surprise but Aint It Cool is saying that
Nova Corps
is definitely in Guardians of the Galaxy. Didn't specify whether it was just
the Corps or specifically Richard Rider Nova
though.

(Not a big spoiler for those that are curious. Will probably be given away within the first two trailers if true.)

Blader

Not a huge surprise but Aint It Cool is saying that
Nova Corps
is definitely in Guardians of the Galaxy. Didn't specify whether it was just
the Corps or specifically Richard Rider Nova
though.

(Not a big spoiler for those that are curious. Will probably be given away within the first two trailers if true.)

Make sense, especially if
the Guardians are supposed to be ex-cons on the run.

Anth0ny

Joss Whedon said:
"I've got the next story, and it's a corker," Whedon revealed to the latest issue of Time Out London. "I haven't even been thinking in terms of superhero movies. The films I've been thinking about are 'The Godfather Part II' and 'The Empire Strikes Back'. Those are the stars by which I chart my course."

My man.

Ive always wondered who Marvel would cast as him if they ever got the character back.

Jeremy Irons. Benedict Cumberbatch.

I really don't know who could honestly live up to the ultimate awesomeness that is Doom. The greatest comic book villain of all time. Yeah, I went there.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Jeremy Irons. Benedict Cumberbatch.

I really don't know who could honestly live up to the ultimate awesomeness that is Doom. The greatest comic book villain of all time. Yeah, I went there.

You went there, and I applaud you for it. There is much truth in your words good sir.

edit: Not feelin Cumberbatch as Doom though. Doom is far too badass for a guy that played Sherlock Holmes.

Top Bottom