• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Ring that number!

Yea call the numbers.

555 prefix numbers don't work. They were established for hollywood to use so they won't give out a random person's number.

Yep, that's exactly why I didn't bother since the 555 was a dead giveaway. Still, the briefcase is filled with so much cool stuff - a lot of which I saw on display at USC last summer - but the little touch with the Coulson business card was awesome.

I actually still have my S.H.I.E.L.D. badge that I got when they were promoting Thor at WonderCon so that's another piece of the MCU that I have.

Wonder what the J stands for...

DE842DBC-2F9F-4AD8-9750-6C55200F2ED9-2470-0000017A3FB86593_zps726a6793.jpg

Fax, yet no email address? Living in the stone age.

I'm getting so hyped for this, it's the Iron Man teaser all over with all that potential. I liked all phase 1 movies but I'll admit that they could've been better. Don't let me down Marvel.

Marvel is fucking great with their casting. It's always fun to see who they will go with and most of the time you get a "Ah, didn't think of that but it makes sense." feeling. I remember when Tom Hiddleston was cast as Loki and there was a video of him just talking into a camera about the role (or something) and you just knew that it was a perfect casting.

Guardians of the Galaxy is quickly shooting up my hype list.

My Hype List:

1. The Avengers 2
2. Thor: The Dark World
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Ant-Man
5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
6. Iron Man 3

Dai101

Banned
Marvel is fucking great with their casting. It's always fun to see who they will go with and most of the time you get a "Ah, didn't think of that but it makes sense." feeling. I remember when Tom Hiddleston was cast as Loki and there was a video of him just talking into a camera about the role (or something) and you just knew that it was a perfect casting.

Yes. The casting for every movie has been amazing.

Yes. The casting for every movie has been amazing.

One of the more fun things is how they get the big names interested. According to the extras on The Avengers blu-ray Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Bridges came on board for Iron Man because they wanted to work with RDJ, and Natalie Portman and Hopkins came onboard for Thor because they wanted to work with Branagh.

Jeremy Renner/Hawkeye seems off. Other than that they've been perfect i'd say.

Mark Ruffalo is an awesome Bruce- just wish they chose him earlier!

Renner is a bit of the odd man out, but even then I don't think it was that bad of a casting choice. And he hasn't had the chance to really show off the character anyway.

Sephzilla

I hope they don't pull an LMD thing with bringing back Coulson. While it's true to the comics, that just sounds lame for a movie.

The explanation should just be "Fury lied, and ruined my Cap cards doing so:="

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
And he hasn't had the chance to really show off the character anyway.
It makes me sad.

Hopefully they can get some of that character into his next (few?) appearances a little better. I know its ages away yet but it's the potential AntMan/Wasp casting that I want to know about!

Jeremy Renner/Hawkeye seems off. Other than that they've been perfect i'd say.

Renner is a bit of the odd man out, but even then I don't think it was that bad of a casting choice. And he hasn't had the chance to really show off the character anyway.

Agreed. I think his casting was actually great but it's hard to determine that since he was barely in the Avengers. But he has the physical prowess for the role, as he did many of his own stunts, so basically give him more to work with I think he'd be just fine.

I remember before Renner was cast that Jensen Ackles' name was thrown around a bit among fans, I haven't seen Supernatural but I think that could have worked as well.

Until proven otherwise, I'm still in the camp that says Ant-Man is completely unnecessary.

Marvel wil have to knock it out of the stratosphere to convince me THAT was worth making over fucking BP.

Until proven otherwise, I'm still in the camp that says Ant-Man is completely unnecessary.

Marvel wil have to knock it out of the stratosphere to convince me THAT was worth making over fucking BP.

One of the best writer/directors working today, with an innate affinity to the material, a specially written pet project treatment and a clear vision of what he wants to do.

I'd take that over a thousand mercenary, box-checking Black Panther movies.

Dai101

Banned
One of the more fun things is how they get the big names interested. According to the extras on The Avengers blu-ray Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Bridges came on board for Iron Man because they wanted to work with RDJ, and Natalie Portman and Hopkins came onboard for Thor because they wanted to work with Branagh.

YES!! I almost forgot the Allfather was portrayed by non other than SIR Anthony Hopkins. BRB. Rewatching Thor again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BWmlWA_jb7w#t=46s
** Odin bark **

Zen

Banned

BP is about as big as ant man as far as the general public is concerned, and Ant Man sets up things in the larger Marvel universe.

inky

Guardians of the Galaxy is quickly shooting up my hype list.

My Hype List:

1. The Avengers 2
1. Thor: The Dark World
1. Guardians of the Galaxy
1. Ant-Man
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
1. Iron Man 3

Fixed for mine :p I'm not even that much of comic book guy, but I love what Marvel is doing with these movies.

I can't even list the movies, I'm hyped for each and everyone of them. There is not one movie in the MCU that I'm not looking forward to. One of the reasons for this is how they each expand the universe.

Top Bottom