• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Ewan McGregor?

I would be fine with that, especially after this photoshop got out there last year:
ultron.jpg

big giant

Banned
I hope they don't pull an LMD thing with bringing back Coulson. While it's true to the comics, that just sounds lame for a movie.

The explanation should just be "Fury lied, and ruined my Cap cards doing so:="
Exactly, the idea that you need to do some dumb Vision shit with a character not shown to be dead is just... the mind boggles. @_@

Someone posited the idea of Ant-Man being a prequel and a modern-day movie, with the Pym stuff in the 60s and the Scott Lang stuff being modern-day. That could work, I think. Maybe he's the original Avengers guy but is now an old man while Lang steals his equipment with Pym's blessing.

This was the original concept that Wright pitched to Marvel I believe. It was going to end up being the story for the film but now that Marvel wants to have Ant-Man be a part of the Avengers lineup of films, they rewrote to keep Pym in the modern timeline which I believe is necessary. If it was going to be a one-off film then the time jump would work, but I'm much more excited by Ant-Man being Pym in the modern day so we can get Wasp, Ultron and hopefully Vision.

*pushes up glasses*

I believe Starlord is actually half Human / half Spartoi actually. But yes, he might as well just be human.
Actually after doing a little more research, being half Spartoi basically puts Star Lord on Captain America's level (ie peak human physical and mental abilities). Plus he'll have a longer lifespan since a full blooded Spartoi in their 100s isn't even considered middle aged.

*straightens pocket protector*

Buntabox

I would be fine with that, especially after this photoshop got out there last year:

This looks like a screen from The Ghost Writer. I'd recognize that anywhere.

McGregor is a fantastic actor, probably one of scotlands best, would love to see him in more stuff.

I cringed every time I saw him in a preview for Jack the Giant Slayer. He does have the worst luck. I'd be okay with him in just about anything.

Symphonic

This looks like a screen from The Ghost Writer. I'd recognize that anywhere.

I cringed every time I saw him in a preview for Jack the Giant Slayer. He does have the worst luck. I'd be okay with him in just about anything.

He's actually excellent in Jack. The cutting for the trailer was strange.

LosDaddie

Banned
I love the movies but I've never been into comics. Can anyone tell me what "Guardians of the Galaxy" is about, and how talking dogs and raccoons fits into the world if the Avengers?

Marvel's B-List (probably moreso even C-List) team of heroes IN SPACE. That's it, bascially.

With Thanos seemingly the next Avengers villain, it makes sense that Marvel would want to expand MCU into outerspace. GotG seems like a good choice to do so, but I doubt the movie will be a huge success.

BP is about as big as ant man as far as the general public is concerned, and Ant Man sets up things in the larger Marvel universe.

Indeed. Ant Man is crucial if Marvel wants to do Ultron down the road.

They're a team of mostly not-so-powerful aliens (aside from Star-Lord who is a human) who defend the universe against threats typically much larger than themselves. They have virtually no interaction with The Avengers. An animal getting the ability to speak is not really any weirder than a human getting a super power of any sort.

Maybe, but a 100% CGI animal (like RR will have to be) is still going a lot weirder / harder to relate to than someone like Capt America.

Ant-Man. Ant-Man. Ant-Man. Edgar Wright hasn't struck out once.

eh, he's been solid at best. I found (GAF's sweetheart) Scott Pilgrim to be boring. But since Wright will be under Marvel's guidance, I do have faith the movie will at least be good, if not great. It's also worth mentioning that Wright has the passion to bring Ant Man onto the silver screen, though.

eh, he's been solid at best. I found (GAF's sweetheart) Scott Pilgrim to be boring. But since Wright will be under Marvel's guidance, I do have faith the movie will at least be good, if not great. It's also worth mentioning that Wright has the passion to bring Ant Man onto the silver screen, though.

Scott Pilgrim is my least favorite of his films, but it's still far from bad.

TDLink

Actually after doing a little more research, being half Spartoi basically puts Star Lord on Captain America's level (ie peak human physical and mental abilities). Plus he'll have a longer lifespan since a full blooded Spartoi in their 100s isn't even considered middle aged.

*straightens pocket protector*

Star-Lord is pretty smart but he does not have enhanced strength, speed, or endurance like Captain America.

Keep in mind I am going off of the version of Star-Lord in the Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning era of Cosmic Marvel (of which I read every comic) as that is the version they are using in the MCU. It is possible he was a bit different/had a few more abilities in the solo comic run he had in the 70s (which I haven't read).

Maybe, but a 100% CGI animal (like RR will have to be) is still going a lot weirder / harder to relate to than someone like Capt America.

Probably but Rocket doesn't need to be super relatable. He just has to be charming/endearing/cool/fun.

Star-Lord is pretty smart but he does not have enhanced strength, speed, or endurance like Captain America.

Keep in mind I am going off of the version of Star-Lord in the Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning era of Cosmic Marvel (of which I read every comic) as that is the version they are using in the MCU. It is possible he was a bit different/had a few more abilities in the solo comic run he had in the 70s (which I haven't read).

Oh hmm. I was going off of the Marvel Wikia site. None of the other sources really mention it though I thought it would explain how he's able to hang with the rest of the GotG crew in a fight.

junk

I say Bradley Cooper as Hank Pym. I can see him pulling off both aspects of the character, brilliant scientist, borderline insecure douchebag. Plus, he'd look and play well off the other Avengers cast.

Also, now that Daredevil has reverted back to Marvel, I hope they at least have Matthew Bomer on their list of candidates.

Wilbur

Banned
I say Bradley Cooper as Hank Pym. I can see him pulling off both aspects of the character, brilliant scientist, borderline insecure douchebag. Plus, he'd look and play well off the other Avengers cast.

Also, now that Daredevil has reverted back to Marvel, I hope they at least have Matthew Bomer on their list of candidates.

Good shout actually but I think you need someone with a tad more twitchiness and insecurity, a little more wiry. Not that Cooper wasn't great in SLP but yeah, can't really picture him.

He wouldn't be a bad choice at all, but I've generally liked Marvel's casting without actually liking their films so far because it's quite left field for the most part. When I see Chris Evans or Don Cheadle, it just comes across as really uninspired compared to RDJ or something.

junk

Good shout actually but I think you need someone with a tad more twitchiness and insecurity, a little more wiry. Not that Cooper wasn't great in SLP but yeah, can't really picture him.

He wouldn't be a bad choice at all, but I've generally liked Marvel's casting without actually liking their films so far because it's quite left field for the most part. When I see Chris Evans or Don Cheadle, it just comes across as really uninspired compared to RDJ or something.

haha, i just hope it's NOT Simon Pegg. I think he's the tits and all, but naaaah.

I actually wanted Josh Duhamel for Cap and I always pictured Morris Chestnut as a perfect Rhodey. Over time Chris Evans IMO has pretty much embodied who Cap is and looks the part now, he just needs more interesting scenes. And Cheadle I don't mind just because he's always got good presence in any role, however he is nothing like the Rhodey I pictured growing up reading the books - Carl Weathers is too old anyways. :\

haha, i just hope it's NOT Simon Pegg. I think he's the tits and all, but naaaah.

I actually wanted Josh Duhamel for Cap and I always pictured Morris Chestnut as a perfect Rhodey. Over time Chris Evans IMO has pretty much embodied who Cap is and looks the part now, he just needs more interesting scenes. And Cheadle I don't mind just because he's always got good presence in any role, however he is nothing like the Rhodey I pictured growing up reading the books - Carl Weathers is too old anyways. :\

I thought Josh Duhamel could've really fit the part as well. But I guess he was getting a bit old to play him. Especially since he is 40 now. I hope they give Evans a bit more time to shine, he is really good at doing the cocky guy and Cap isn't really that kind of character but I hope they find a way.

Ovid

I actually wanted Josh Duhamel for Cap and I always pictured Morris Chestnut as a perfect Rhodey. Over time Chris Evans IMO has pretty much embodied who Cap is and looks the part now, he just needs more interesting scenes. And Cheadle I don't mind just because he's always got good presence in any role, however he is nothing like the Rhodey I pictured growing up reading the books - Carl Weathers is too old anyways. :
A young Carl Weathers would be prefect as Rhodey.

This is what I've thought about Phase 3 and 4.

Phase 3:

After defeating Thanos in a Universe-scale battle and saving Earth, the Avengers return back home dealing with their own super-enemies.

But... for some reason there are more and more supers in the world.

In Avengers 3 they'll have to fight Ultron with the help of all the supers on Earth.

The epilogue will be some pranks recording a TV show... in Stanford.

Phase 4:

After Stanford's incident, each super-focused film will be like the parallel comics regarding Civil War and the registration law.

By this time I really hope Paramount, Fox and Sony agree to share licenses.

Problem is, that some key characters like Spiderman will be rebooted again.

Avengers 4 will be named Avengers - Civil War.

Another think I've thought for Phase 4 is the New Avengers start arc, with the death of Hawkeye by Ultron
Scarlett Witch

Top Bottom