• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Dai101

Banned

t5JDghi.gif

Dai101

Banned
After drooling a few times watching that animated video, if there's something good that came out of MAHVEL not having the licenses of wolverine and friends and spidahman, is that they have taken some of the very good but not as much known properties like we are seeing right now. I never imagined a Thor movie, or an Iron Man and even less a Capt. America that didn't sucked. Now we're preparing to the phase 2 with stuff like GoTG and fucking ANTMAN!!! I still can't believe this.

Oh, Hayley Atwell. I remember watching her in Captain America, then seeing her scenes in Pillars of the Earth. Those were good times.

God damn Evans was fucking ripped in that scene. Was that peck touch improvised by the way?

If I remember correctly, I think it was. She just did this little reach, the director liked it, and he either just left it in or had her do it again.

inky

I liked the Avengers suit :p

I agree it was maybe too bright of a blue, but frankly so was Hulk and Iron Man's armor, so it matched. The same way I'm sure this will match the tone of this movie.

Buntabox

Sort of strange they went with the Steve Rogers: Super Soldier costume. I hated the Avengers mask/helmet/thing but the rest of the costume was totally fine. Will miss the more traditional suit. This costume is probably more real world practical (being muted and etc), but why does a guy with a bright red shield need a practical costume?

Blader

Sort of strange they went with the Steve Rogers: Super Soldier costume. I hated the Avengers mask/helmet/thing but the rest of the costume was totally fine. Will miss the more traditional suit. This costume is probably more real world practical (being muted and etc), but why does a guy with a bright red shield need a practical costume?

Espionage shit. This movie will probably be more spy thriller and less superhero adventure.

Caboose

Because 'murica!

Buntabox

Espionage shit. This movie will probably be more spy thriller and less superhero adventure.

Totally okay with that. Tinker, Tailor, Super Soldier, Spy. In all honesty though, its probably for purpose of "freshening" things up. The Avengers suit is divisive to say the least. Plus, Whedon will probably just change it to whatever he wants in Avengers 2. We already know he changed Iron Man's costume simply because he doesn't like the triangle.

antonz

Disney must feel like freaking geniuses having bought Marvel. Making them so much money and Marvel is doing such a fantastic job with their properties.

The fact they cant make Spiderman etc. does suck but as has been pointed out it allows them to go into other areas of their character library. Marvel and their whole playbook to making these movies has been something that studios should be forced to study and learn from.

It's all over Tumblr.

tumblr_ml3kt175wt1qk0p2fo1_500.jpg

They should just ditch the helmet. I've never been a huge fan of it.

Disney must feel like freaking geniuses having bought Marvel. Making them so much money and Marvel is doing such a fantastic job with their properties.

The fact they cant make Spiderman etc. does suck but as has been pointed out it allows them to go into other areas of their character library. Marvel and their whole playbook to making these movies has been something that studios should be forced to study and learn from.

Hahaha, yeah that is very true. Hopefully, Disney doesn't let the success go to their head and start interfering with shit.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Still can't believe Marvel is pulling this off so freaking well. Absolutely love how they're connecting everything into 1 universe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think the wings painted on the side are dumb too. Maybe it's just how they're done on the helmet or how small his head and figure is but it in fact is the one thing that actually looks stupider than actual wings on the side of the helmet.

Jonogunn

I love the new suit.

Don't worry guys I'm sure he'll wear both costumes.

At least avengers 2 will most likely have the captain america outfit.

J10

Banned

Seems to me like Marvel learned a lot from Raimi, Singer, Goyer, del Toro. They were really the first ones (since Donner) to start treating the source material with even a modicum of respect while translating it to film. You can tell Kevin Feige is a comic fan through and through and he's not going to let anyone fuck with these characters in a bad way while he's in charge. He better have a good replacement in training for when he inevitably dies.

Helmet looks fine, all the suits look fine. Soldiers wear helmets.

Why does he need a suit again? He's never going to get shot or killed.

He probably is going to get shot and killed at some point.

It's funny, I always thought that the Nolan Dark Knight films kinda came off as ashamed of their own source material, scrubbed clean of almost everything fantastic, like they were embarrassed to be based on comic books, to the point that it didn't really make sense to have Bruce Wayne dressed up like a bat - his world wasn't crazy enough. Those movies felt like they wouldn't have been very different if he were just wearing a dark hoodie. I still liked them though.

But I get the total opposite feeling from the Marvel films. Their source materials are more fully embraced and more fun to watch as a result. Everybody gets their suits, their primary colors, their technology, everything. There's no shame or embarrassment in Marvel's cinematic approach.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's funny, I always thought that the Nolan Dark Knight films kinda came off as ashamed of their own source material, scrubbed clean of almost everything fantastic, like they were embarrassed to be based on comic books, to the point that it didn't really make sense to have Bruce Wayne dressed up like a bat - his world wasn't crazy enough. Those movies felt like they wouldn't have been very different if he were just wearing a dark hoodie. I still liked them though.

But I get the total opposite feeling from the Marvel films. Their source materials are more fully embraced and more fun to watch as a result. Everybody gets their suits, their primary colors, their technology, everything. There's no shame or embarrassment in Marvel's cinematic approach.

Yep.

Basically, "screw you guys, we're gonna have thunder gods and rage monsters fighting space dragons in our movie!"

Though I think Nolan's Batman had the problem of distancing itself from the last terrible Batman films, so it went "realistic" almost as a response.

J10

Banned
That makes sense. But now they have to reboot again to distance themselves from Nolan's movies if they want Justice League to have any hope of working. It's a vicious cycle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That makes sense. But now they have to reboot again to distance themselves from Nolan's movies if they want Justice League to have any hope of working. It's a vicious cycle.
Nolan's approach to Batman and Green Lantern's failure have pre-emptively screwed over Justice League. They'll make a fast buck off of it, but the longevity won't be there simply because the foundation isn't there. But they're striking while the iron is hot rather than waiting to get everything right, which is the best decision right now IMO.

Top Bottom