• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

shield

Cast list looks like a nice mix of The Avenger's SHIELD agents, old characters from the first film, and new characters. Not sure why Black Widow is the lead female role when they're introducing Sharon Carter, though.

I really hope that Marvel releases the god damn Thor trailer before Iron Man 3 debuts internationally so that I don't have to resort to a blurry cam.

Blader

Cast list looks like a nice mix of The Avenger's SHIELD agents, old characters from the first film, and new characters. Not sure why Black Widow is the lead female role when they're introducing Sharon Carter, though.

I don't think she's the female lead, she just gets top billing (except for over Evans).

Also they're going to have to put some effort into selling Falcon in the context of the Captain America films. There are more ridiculous things in the MCU than a man who can talk to birds, but a man who can talk to birds and fly who is also a member of the United States military flapping around on the battlefield is eeeeeeeh. I mean if they dialed back The Mandarin's rings to make him more believable in an Iron Man film, they should dial back the whole talking to birds thing.

Also they're going to have to put some effort into selling Falcon in the context of the Captain America films. There are more ridiculous things in the MCU than a man who can talk to birds, but a man who can talk to birds and fly who is also a member of the United States military flapping around on the battlefield is eeeeeeeh. I mean if they dialed back The Mandarin's rings to make him more believable in an Iron Man film, they should dial back the whole talking to birds thing.

I bet he won't talk to birds or any of that. Bet he has a pet bird, and some SHIELD experimental wings and jet propulsion system/Stark-esque suit that allows him to fly.

I bet he won't talk to birds or any of that. Bet he has a pet bird, and some SHIELD experimental wings and jet propulsion system/Stark-esque suit that allows him to fly.
http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/hurt-locker-s-anthony-mackie-in-10-years-1.3995508

I'm playing the Falcon. He's this guy in Harlem who moved to California and became a drug dealer. His plane crashed, and he was genetically altered, and he can fly, has telepathic powers. He's the first African-American superhero. It makes me feel all the work I've done has been paying off. I have a son, nephews and nieces, and I love the idea that they can dress up as the Falcon on Halloween. They now have someone they can idolize. That's a huge honor for me.
I'm hoping the telepathic powers will be limited to speaking with humans and not having conversations with birds.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/hurt-locker-s-anthony-mackie-in-10-years-1.3995508

I'm hoping the telepathic powers will be limited to speaking with humans and not having conversations with birds.

leavep8u2d.gif

Is that a reference to the movie version or the comic version? I'm unsure what he's referring to.

Isn't Rhodey the first black superhero in these movies?

Also, will the MCU follow the 'Black guy dies first' thing when they need a heroic sacrifice?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
leavep8u2d.gif

Is that a reference to the movie version or the comic version? I'm unsure what he's referring to.

Isn't Rhodey the first black superhero in these movies?

Also, will the MCU follow the 'Black guy dies first' thing when they need a heroic sacrifice?
On MCU, Rhodey is first, but hardly a superhero. He barely became warmachine in IM2. I'd say Heimdal is the first.

Hawkeye or Black Widow will be sacrified on account of being useless in a fight between god tier villains and heroes.

shield

I don't think she's the female lead, she just gets top billing (except for over Evans).

That's what I thought, but the official synopsis says this:

Following the events of the The Avengers, Steve Rogers struggles to adjust to the modern world and must team up with Natasha Romanoff to fight a strong yet covert enemy in Washington, D.C.

inky

Hawkeye or Black Widow will be sacrified on account of being useless in a fight between god tier villains and heroes.

I hope it's Hawkeye :p although I must say that as much as I enjoy watching Scarlett in some tight leather pants I don't really like her in that role either.

Just bought my Iron Man 3 IMAX tickets. They were also doing a marathon of 1, 2, and the Avengers before 3, but only in 3D not IMAX. Big surprise is the showing is at 9 instead of midnight.

AMUSIX

Can't say I'm surprised at Widow's incorporation into the story. Only natural, with Winter Soldier coming out of cold-war Soviet Union that SHIELD would tap her for whatever insight she may have on the project. I'm more surprised that they're using "Agent 13" instead of "Sharon Carter". Is the story going to treat is as a spoiler? If so, I'm sorry if I ruined that for anyone.

Great to see Zola return and to see so many agents. Wonder how much of Pierce's backstory they'll use, not that it would apply much, unless the whole 'sleeper agent' thing comes into play.

Just bought my Iron Man 3 IMAX tickets. They were also doing a marathon of 1, 2, and the Avengers before 3, but only in 3D not IMAX. Big surprise is the showing is at 9 instead of midnight.

Came in this post to see if everyone else's theaters changed the midnight show to a 9 PM show. I'll prolly go Friday afternoon anyways, but still pretty cool.

Rounding out the talented cast are Hayley Atwell (“Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Peggy Carter, Toby Jones (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “The Hunger Games”) as Arnim Zola, Emily VanCamp (“The Ring 2,” “Revenge”) as Agent 13 and Maximiliano Hernández (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Thor”) as Agent Jasper Sitwell.

Yessir

I wonder how they'll bring Peggy back. Maybe the power of her gigantic breasts allow her to circumvent usual space-time procedure.

Flashbacks, some of the movie is supposed to take place back in the 40s and 50s.

Looks like Black Panther could be a lock for Phase 3...this seems to indicate they are screen testing actors for him:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Morris-Chestnut-Getting-Ready-Play-Marvel-Black-Panther-36833.html

If we get Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther as new MCU heroes in addition to sequels that would be pretty awesome.

Interesting, I wonder if this is worth making a thread for.

This is going to be pretty interesting, because the shit pacing in the 2nd half of the film and that awful montage made it appear as if Cap did absolutely nothing else in WWII other than fuck up a bunch of The Red Skull's secret bases. There are so many stories they can keep pulling out of WWII Era Cap, but they may need to do all of them in flashbacks and mess a bit with what they established in the first movie. I wonder how they'll pull it off.

Quick

Banned
Hayley Atwell is awesome. Glad to see her back.

I was initially disappointed because all I was reading was she wasn't going to be showing up at all.

J10

Banned

I love how Marvel does these controlled leaks to whet fan appetites and build hype. As if an actor doesn't know what they should and shouldn't Tweet after they sign like six million NDAs. LOL Or maybe he just knows it's being thought about and wants to throw his own name out there to get Marvel's attention.

It's about goddamn time they got rolling on Black Panther either way.

Top Bottom