• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

AMUSIX

No Guardians teaser post credits then. Bummer.

Was something said about this? I mean, I don't understand why IM3 would tease Guardians. Marvel always teases the next movie coming, and, in this case, that would be Thor 2.

Unless they want all Phase 2 movies to tease Avengers 2?

edit: though I suppose IM teased Avengers, originally, as did Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Cap. Only IM2 teased Thor.

Then you don't understand fighting at all. Bigger muscles don't = better fighter.

Hello, we're talking about adapting a fictional character. ScarJo doesn't look the part because she doesn't have the athleticism. It's not hard to understand. This could be fixed by hitting the gym like the male stars do, but people like you don't seem to give a shit just so long as she stays petite and hot.

Apparently the idea of a physically well built female is still too unbelievable for the MCU.

J10

Banned
Was something said about this? I mean, I don't understand why IM3 would tease Guardians. Marvel always teases the next movie coming, and, in this case, that would be Thor 2.

Unless they want all Phase 2 movies to tease Avengers 2?

edit: though I suppose IM teased Avengers, originally, as did Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Cap. Only IM2 teased Thor.

Leaks from a couple of months ago said there was a Guardians teaser attached to the credits. Today's Twitter impressions say otherwise. It could be that it wasn't attached to the prints the press saw though. Maybe they're saving it for theatrical release. Opens overseas next weekend, so we'll see. Even if there were a Guardians teaser it wouldn't be substantial anyway because they're still in pre-production.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, I was bored, so I did probably the most accurate/complete round up of all the armors in Iron Man 3/MCU on the net:

Mark 1 - Original Armor
Mark 2 - IM1 Prototype Armor
Mark 3 - IM1 final Armor
Mark 4 - IM2 Starting Armor
Mark 5 - Portable/briefcase Armor
Mark 6 - IM2 final Armor
Mark 7 - Avengers Armor
Mark 8 - ?
Mark 9 - ?
Mark 10 - ?
Mark 11 - Stealth Armor v.01
Mark 12 - ?
Mark 13 - ?
Mark 14 - ?
Mark 15 - Stealth Suit "Sneaky"
Mark 15 - Stored Kinetic Integrated Network (S.K.I.N.) Armor. Will look like it does in the comics.
Mark 16 - Black Stealth Suit "Nightclub"
Mark 17 - Artillery-Level RT Suit "Heartbreaker v.01"
Mark 18 - Specialized Aquatic Armor v.01. Will look like the Hydro Armor.
Mark 19 - ?
Mark 20 - ?
Mark 21 - ?
Mark 22 - Hot Rod (unpainted Iron Patriot)
Mark 22 - Layered Plating Armor v.01 (Also prototype for Mark 36)
Mark 23 - ?
Mark 24 - ?
Mark 25 - Heavy Construction Suit "Striker"
Mark 26 - ?
Mark 27 - ?
Mark 28 - ?
Mark 29 - ?
Mark 30 - ?
Mark 31 - ?
Mark 32 - ?
Mark 33 - Enhanced Energy Suit "Silver Centurion"
Mark 34 - ?
Mark 35 - Disaster Rescue Suit "Red Snapper"
Mark 36 - Heavy Duty Brute Armor v.02
Mark 37 - Deep Sea Suit "Hammerhead"
Mark 38 - Heavy Lifting Suit "Igor"
Mark 39 - Sub Orbital Suit "Gemini" also known as Space Armor v.01 or Starboost.
Mark 40 - Hyper Velocity Suit "Shotgun"
Mark 40 - Asgardian Destroyer Armor. Note the poster clipping may be of "Bones" below.
Mark 41 - Skeleton Suit "Bones"
Mark 42 - First Extremis armor
Mark 42 X01 - Particle Radiation Cannon Attachment. Looks like the Bleeding Edge cannon.
Mark 42 R - Rapid Evacuation Situation Control Unilateral Enforcer (R.E.S.C.U.E.). Will look Will look something like this.
Mark 43 - ?
Mark 44 - ?
Mark 45 - Hypervelocity Autonomous Personnel Protector γ (H.A.P.P.γ.) Armor. Will look like a mix between the two armors here.
Mark 46 - ?
Mark 47 - ?
Mark 48 - Heartbreaker v.01x
Mark 48 S - Space Armor
Mark 49 - Heartbreaker v.02. Will have the same palette as Ultimate Iron Man.
Mark 50 - Perfected Extremis Armor
Mark 51 - Original Armor Revisited

The one's crossed out are from the original 4Chan leak but overlap with armors specified by official media since. A ton of different sources but ScreenRant was probably the biggest help.

Also Oscorp Cameo in Iron Man 3 game; possibly in the movie too?

Tom_Cody

Very short update from James Gunn.
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/james-gunn-talks-guardians-of-the-galaxy

I like this one bit though:

Indeed, when it came to casting, Gunn had one eye on The Avengers in terms of how he wanted to populate his movie…

“I was very specific that I wanted it to be somebody really extraordinary,” he says of Chris Pratt’s Star-Lord. “I really had Robert Downey Jr. in mind a lot. You had this guy who came in and he inhabited Tony Stark, when you first saw Tony Stark he blew your mind, you couldn’t believe what you were seeing.

“We saw a lot of good performances, but it wasn’t until Chris came in and he read and I was like, ‘oh my God’, this guy has his own, very particular, amazing take on the character that blew my mind, blew me away. Then I thought, this is the first guy I could see sharing the screen with Robert Downey Jr. and giving him a run for his money.”

Hype.

Uncle

Very short update from James Gunn.
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/james-gunn-talks-guardians-of-the-galaxy

I like this one bit though:

Hype.

“It’s really, really important to me that Rocket Raccoon, who is the heart of the movie, is not a cartoon character, it’s not Bugs Bunny in the middle of The Avengers, it’s a real, little, somewhat mangled beast that’s alone. There’s no one else in the universe quite like him, he’s been created by these guys to be a mean-ass fighting machine.

Sounds good.

shield

Thor: The Dark World teaser poster

Thor%20The%20Dark%20World%20Teaser%20Poster2.jpg

Thor: The Dark World teaser poster

Thor%20The%20Dark%20World%20Teaser%20Poster2.jpg

According to Feige, the poster image came from a set photo:

According to Kevin Feige, talking to USA Today, the first poster for the Thor sequel, The Dark World, has unusual origins.

It’s rare that you have a poster that is just Chris Hemsworth shooting on the set. But he just looks like Thor. We just put in some lightning, and he’s got his hammer and you’re there. It’s just an incredibly striking image.

obin_gam

Great poster! And quite cool that it came from a set pic.

But what irks me is the no mention of Eccleston in the credits up above. Shouldn't the main villains actor be somewhat recognised?

I re-watched the good bits of Thor (mostly scenes in Asgard) a couple of days ago and I hope that they make every armor look like plastic this time around. It was much better in Avengers though and from the set-pics (and the poster) it seems like they've done a better job.

Loxley

So, I live in Cleveland and I just got word that CA: Winter Soldier will begin filming in Cleveland on May 18th, and apparently a shitload of roads are going to be closed down. Slight problem, May 18th is the weekend of graduation for the Cleveland Institute of Art (which I will be apart of) and Case Western Reserve University - the two most prominent colleges in the city outside of Cleveland State.

Traffic is going to be a bitch :(

So, I live in Cleveland and I just got word that CA: Winter Soldier will begin filming in Cleveland on May 18th, and apparently a shitload of roads are going to be closed down. Slight problem, May 18th is the weekend of graduation for the Cleveland Institute of Art (which I will be apart of) and Case Western Reserve University - the two most prominent colleges in the city outside of Cleveland State.

For every one car you pass, two more will rise in its place.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Thor poster is fantastic, Marvel has done an incredible job with the casting in their movies.

Thor poster is fantastic, Marvel has done an incredible job with the casting in their movies.
While I agree, I still think they're still a tier below the WB with Harry Potter.

That series set the bar for perfect casting that I don't think will be topped for a damn long time.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

and thus Cap's latest super villain was born.

Interested to see how they handle Dark World. After him fighting Hulk in Avengers, they made him look like such a badass. His weakness is his naivity and you would hope he's going to be be much more carefull and cunning now.

Top Bottom