• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Unless this is the last movie in his contract, I don't believe for a second Loki dies. As it stands, one of the single most praised aspect of Thor and Avengers was Loki's performance and his relationship with Thor.
I don't think even if Tom Hiddleston's contract is up they'll kill off the character, just place him back in asylum somewhere or to be left alone.

I think he's run his course though. Being the villain for two films, one the biggest in the MCU thus far means people will start to tire of him as soon as he appears once more. It's good that he's an established, supporting actor, but much like the rest of the MCU I think the success of films will hinge on how well they continually shake things up and keep them interesting instead of stagnating.

Beth Cyra

I don't think even if Tom Hiddleston's contract is up they'll kill off the character, just place him back in asylum somewhere or to be left alone.

I think he's run his course though. Being the villain for two films, one the biggest in the MCU thus far means people will start to tire of him as soon as he appears once more. It's good that he's an established, supporting actor, but much like the rest of the MCU I think the success of films will hinge on how well they continually shake things up and keep them interesting instead of stagnating.

I agree with you completely.

I really don't think Loki needs or should be the focus as a Villan in any more of the movies. I do think he needs to be, and will be a part of Thor's life and he is just way to popular to kill at this point.

Slayven

Loki dies all the time, but he always comes back. He died in Ragnork and he came back like this:

phpThumb.php

He died in Siege and he came back chibi:

tumblr_m54hy8n74I1qids14.png

Beth Cyra

Loki dies all the time, but he always comes back. He died in Ragnork and he came back like this:

phpThumb.php

He died in Siege and he came back chibi:

tumblr_m54hy8n74I1qids14.png

This is true he does.

That said I'm not so sure that MU will take this route with letting people die and come back all the time.

As it is it took them until the end of Avenger's to even let someone finally call Thor a God for some reason. I have my doubts they are willing to really dip into the pool that is Comic Book Life/Death.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is true he does.

That said I'm not so sure that MU will take this route with letting people die and come back all the time.

As it is it took them until the end of Avenger's to even let someone finally call Thor a God for some reason. I have my doubts they are willing to really dip into the pool that is Comic Book Life/Death.
Pretty much this. And not only that but the way he's been set up in the MCU as this kind of relateable villain who can even be utilized for comic relief means I doubt we'll see him dying at the hands of anyone unless it's Thanos in the extreme case.

Blader

oh, didn't see that. I hope you find employment soon. You would think that an in-house effects company would survive unscathed.

You'd think that with Disney wanting Star Wars movies on an annual person, they would be trying to make ILM bigger, not lay people off. Wtf?

Nesotenso

You'd think that with Disney wanting Star Wars movies on an annual person, they would be trying to make ILM bigger, not lay people off. Wtf?

that annual Stars Wars is just a bad idea.

you want better profit margins ? control bloated budgets on some of your productions. letting talent go should be the last option

Anyone know how many movies Portman is contracted for?

In fact, how many movies are all of these main characters contracted for? Is there any sort of easily accessible list anywhere?

EDIT: Can't find one via a quick Google search, so I'll start one.

Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) - 9 movies [source] (5/9)
Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man) - 4 movies [source] (3/4)*
Chris Evans (Steve Rogers/Captain America) - 6 movies [source] (2/6)
Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner/The Hulk) - 6 movies [source] (1/6)

*If this article is right, RDJ signed a 4-picture deal after Iron Man. His fourth film out of that contract will be Avengers 2.
Iron Man 1 was retroactively included in the contract so they will have to draw up a new one.

Blader

Anyone know how many movies Portman is contracted for?

In fact, how many movies are all of these main characters contracted for? Is there any sort of easily accessible list anywhere?

EDIT: Can't find one via a quick Google search, so I'll start one.

Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) - 9 movies [source] (5/9)
Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man) - 4 movies [source] (3/4)*
Chris Evans (Steve Rogers/Captain America) - 6 movies [source] (2/6)
Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner/The Hulk) - 6 movies [source] (1/6)

*If this article is right, RDJ signed a 4-picture deal after Iron Man. His fourth film out of that contract will be Avengers 2.

Hemsworth and Hiddleston are signed for 6, Renner and ScarJo too I think, and Smulders signed for 9.

Is the Paramount logo going to forever run in front of Marvel movies? I thought it was only for the films up to Avengers but even Iron Man 3 has it so what is the deal?

shira

Is the Paramount logo going to forever run in front of Marvel movies? I thought it was only for the films up to Avengers but even Iron Man 3 has it so what is the deal?

Production Companies
Marvel Studios (presents)
Paramount Pictures (in association with)
Fairview Entertainment (uncredited)
Noble Media
Outlaw Sinema (produced with the participation of)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

IMDb is not really a reliable source so I wouldn't put too much stock with Paramount being listed in Cap 2. Disney is distributing all MCU films since Avengers and Paramount is only being credited in name only for Avengers and IM3.

Here's the Thor 2 poster. No Paramount logo or credits whatsoever.

Beth Cyra

IMDb is not really a reliable source so I wouldn't put too much stock with Paramount being listed in Cap 2. Disney is distributing all MCU films since Avengers and Paramount is only being credited in name only for Avengers and IM3.

Here's the Thor 2 poster. No Paramount logo or credits whatsoever.

This poster is amazing. I hadn't seen it before now.

DieH@rd

Banned

Collector is alive? :D That's very interesting, he played a role in Thanos storyline
when he gathered gems for his infinity gantlet... which is already assembled in Odin's vault.

Can't wait for him to totally betray and not get killed by Thor. :V

In some comics
Loki actually redeemed himself by sacrificing himself to save Asgard. He survived by transforming into young boy. I have feeling that Marvel will start showing hints of his "redemption" in Thor 2.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The courtroom scene had me chuckling rather heartily throughout.

Then again I liked Iron Man 2, which is akin on this board to enjoying the taste of rattlesnake venom, so take my opinion with as many grains of silicon as you must.

Blader

The courtroom scene had me chuckling rather heartily throughout.

Then again I liked Iron Man 2, which is akin on this board to enjoying the taste of rattlesnake venom, so take my opinion with as many grains of silicon as you must.

I liked IM2 too, but I also saw it drunk on my birthday so knows.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New rumors from the set of Captain America: The Winter Soldier:

http://www.dailysuperhero.com/2013/04/captain-america-winter-soldier-rumored.html

Being that Captain America: The Winter Soldier is coming to our town to shoot for several weeks, The Daily SuperHero has its local Cleveland spies listening in to conversations. When no one thinks we are around, we are still hearing things. Per one source, it was overheard that Cap's next film will explore the element vibranium. No word on how extensively, or briefly, this will occur but the sequel will have not one but two heroes using the element.

So basically Cap and Falcon use vibranium in the film. Also this should hopefully set up Black Panther & Wakanda for Avengers 2 and Phase 3.

Top Bottom