• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Hightower

Banned
Was something said about this? I mean, I don't understand why IM3 would tease Guardians. Marvel always teases the next movie coming, and, in this case, that would be Thor 2.

Unless they want all Phase 2 movies to tease Avengers 2?

edit: though I suppose IM teased Avengers, originally, as did Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Cap. Only IM2 teased Thor.

IS it possible that a teaser is being withheld for the US version?

Wasn't one of the teasers in one of the past movies added on for the US print?

A new article on Thor: The Dark World and some new pics:

thor-1.jpg

It looks like Game of Thrones already! Can't wait for the trailer.

Pachimari

I'm watching The Fantastic Four and just skimping through it I actually quite like it - it's my first time seeing it.

Anyway, so excited by all these Marvel heroes getting movies!

Portman should never wear robes.

In retrospect the Star Wars prequels were more fashion show than space opera.

I hope that everyone in Asgard is not now wearing black cloaks though. I'm a little worried about keeping the aesthetics consistent between Thor 1 and 2.

I love how The Dark World looks. They're in war so it makes sense that it's a bit less flashy as well. Chris looks great with long hair since it was almost to short in Thor, and overall the aesthetics is better. Everything doesn't look like plastic anymore.

And nothing against Natalie but Jane Foster is probably (going only by her appearance in Thor) one of the worst characters in the MCU.

I love how The Dark World looks. They're in war so it makes sense that it's a bit less flashy as well. Chris looks great with long hair since it was almost to short in Thor, and overall the aesthetics is better. Everything doesn't look like plastic anymore.

And nothing against Natalie but Jane Foster is probably (going only by her appearance in Thor) one of the worst characters in the MCU.

I'm going to wait for the trailer to see how the aesthetics work in practice.

I say there's a 50/50 chance that Jane Foster bites the dust in this film. Supposedly Natalie Portman wasn't delighted to return (she was obligated by contract) and they're setting up a love triangle with Sif.

The easy solution is to kill off Portman and replace her with Jaimie Alexander as the love interest.

I say there's a 50/50 chance that Jane Foster bites the dust in this film. Supposedly Natalie Portman wasn't delighted to return (she was obligated by contract) and they're setting up a love triangle with Sif.

The easy solution is to kill off Portman and replace her with Jaimie Alexander as the love interest.

Yeah it's really to early to tell if it will work but I'm hopeful. The fallout she had was over some dispute about a director wasn't it? And one of the reasons she signed on in the first place was Branagh anyway. Team Sif all the way.

bigger version of pic posted earlier

biepx2icmai7iwn.jpg

Love that there is chainmail on the pants now, they always looked kind of weird in Thor and Avengers. Did they make the handle on Mjolnir longer or am I imagining things?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gotta say that Thor poster really works. Glad they didn't try to get "clever" with it.

It's the MCU movie I'm least pumped for but fuck it, who am I kidding. I'm seeing them all opening day.

I thought the helmets worked more as crowns in Thor, and are ceremonial as such. Thor only had it when he was going to be crowned king, Loki only had it (if I remember correctly) when he was king and in Avengers where he considered himself rightful king. And Odin never had it when he was casually dressed. I think it works better that way as well.

Portman doesn't look as unhappy as I thought she'd be.

She's standing next to Hemsworth, why would she be unhappy?

Pachimari

And just rewatched The Avengers since my first watch in the cinema. It's still very slow somehow and the humor worked better in the cinema with people laughing but it's still somewhat an enjoyable movie.

I can't get into Captain America, probably why I haven't seen his movie yet. I love the film version of Thor and Iron-Man and Hulk really holds this movie up. I like Black Widow also.

I see Guardians of the Galaxy is the only new movie IP coming out of Marvel for Phase 2, are they expected to be in The Avengers 2? Kind of hope to see Ant-Man as well. And then we'll finally get Dr. Strange and hopefully Black Panther for Phase 3. The one I want to see most is DareDevil though - he might work best as a TV show but give me one great DareDevil movie!

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Anyone know how many movies Portman is contracted for?

In fact, how many movies are all of these main characters contracted for? Is there any sort of easily accessible list anywhere?

EDIT: Can't find one via a quick Google search, so I'll start one.

Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) - 9 movies [source] (5/9)
Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill) - 8 movies [source] (1/8)
Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man) - 4 movies [source] (3/4)*
Chris Evans (Steve Rogers/Captain America) - 6 movies [source] (2/6)
Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner/The Hulk) - 6 movies [source] (1/6)

*If this article is right, RDJ signed a 4-picture deal after Iron Man. His fourth film out of that contract will be Avengers 2.

Anyone know how many movies Portman is contracted for?

In fact, how many movies are all of these main characters contracted for? Is there any sort of easily accessible list anywhere?

EDIT: Can't find one via a quick Google search, so I'll start one.

Chris Evans (Captain America) - 6 movies (source)

We need a capgeek for Marvel movies :lol

Beth Cyra

OMG Please let this happen.

The single worst part of Thor is Jane, combine that with how awesome Sif is it only makes the forced bullshit romance between Jane/Thor even worse.

JDSN

Banned
Im sure we will get our decent share or perfectly delivered mediocre quips that only RDJ can pull off so masterfuly.

Beth Cyra

My first thought was Mantis but the role appears to be a villain.

Jane was necessary to keep Thor grounded on earth, but now I think she has served her purpose.

See I don't think this shit was needed at all.

Thor isn't like Optimus Prime or Bumblebee, he is still largely human and they could have handled the "grounding" in much better ways. Combine that with the "Human" factor being the single worst part of Thor (IMO) I really disagree that Jane and even more so the Romance was remotely needed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Beth Cyra

Wow, Loki looks way different. This should be fun.

Can't wait for him to totally betray and not get killed by Thor. :V

Unless this is the last movie in his contract, I don't believe for a second Loki dies. As it stands, one of the single most praised aspect of Thor and Avengers was Loki's performance and his relationship with Thor.

Top Bottom