• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Blader

I can't stand Renner as Hawkeye. He was dull. I could put up with him if he wore some form of the comics costume but he hates it so there's very little chance of that.

The costume is not his decision. They were using the Ultimate Hawkeye suit before Renner even signed.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New pics of Nick Fury (his stunt double) on the set of Cap 2 in Cleveland:

GEDC0586.JPG

GEDC0588.JPG

GEDC0589.JPG

The real Sam Jackson is in his car, chillin.

CROSS-POST

Io9 did an interview with Drew Pierce (co-writer of IM3) and there's some interesting stuff that might better explain some questions people had.

IM3 SPOILERS:

A lot of people have been wondering what's up with the Ten Rings organization.
It was set up as an ongoing threat in the first movie — is it supposed to be something Aldrich Killian created, or something totally separate? Did the Mandarin just borrow some iconography from an existing Ten Rings organization, as part of his habit of lifting symbols from elsewhere?

It definitely exists, both historically and, I suspect, at the time of Iron Man 3 too. Maybe they’re inactive, maybe they’re plotting their own stuff — but they’re a genuine terrorist threat in the MCU. Hence I can’t imagine they’re particularly pleased about a think tank co-opting their imagery, and mashing them up into this post-modern uber-terrorist…
Now, I prefer to keep a little ambiguity around the concept of a “real” Mandarin, but the movie does clearly state that it’s a centuries-old war mantle that has been used many times before. Maybe it will again. But Killian found it powerful enough to purloin for his creation — and inspiring enough as a concept that it helped shape the Extremis-fueled personality he reinvented himself as.

More at the link (http://io9.com/how-the-runaways-movie-that-never-happened-helped-to-fu-508826057)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exc...n-2?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So supposedly, the main villian in Guardians of the Galaxy is not Thanos, but...

ronan-gog-pics.jpg

Ronan the Accuser!

We've had little more than some concept art and casting news for GUARDIANS, which is just about to go in front of the lens, and there's been a lot of speculation about the villains in the film. Thanos has long been speculated to be the frontrunner, but with a main "henchman" that does the heavy lifting, such as Phalanx, The Controller, or The Collector.

According to our source the main villain will in fact be Ronan the Accuser, the ruler of the alien race known as the Kree. Ronan has fought the likes of the Fantastic Four, The Inhumans, and Guardians of the Galaxy in the comics and is a mainstay of the Marvel cosmic universe, so it's well in line for him to be featured as the main villain, especially with Marvel looking to expand it's cinematic adventures to the far reaches of space. Could this be a lead-up to the Kree-Skrull war in THE AVENGERS 2? It's anyone's guess, but Ronan is certainly a formidable threat and a solid lead villain for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY.

Actor Lee Pace was recently cast as a "villain" in the film, but it's hard to say if it's for Ronan the Accuser. There's nothing to say that he couldn't be playing the other rumored villains, but if he's playing the lead, then he's playing Ronan if our source is correct.

So the Kree will appear in the MCU, but no Skrulls? I guess the Chitauri will take their place?
Still Ronan was a badass in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series.
Having the Kree appear in the MCU could also open the door to Ms/Captain Marvel.

J10

Banned
Ronan was the least interesting part of Annihilation. But if his appearance here is a prelude to a film adaptation of Annihilation, then yeah.

jph139

Ronan would be AMAZING, and is a perfect foil for the Guardians of the Galaxy (cosmic lawman vs. ragtag criminals) - I'm on board.

J10

Banned
Now I'm wondering if they really might not get everybody back for Avengers 2 if they're introducing so many new characters.

Why do you hate Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?

I've never had a reason personally to like them. They're wasted spots on the team the only real impact in the comics they've had is House of M and Scarlet Witch had to destroy 90 % of the mutants for her to be interesting. Quicksilver isn't even a prominent character in the comics now like his sister is.

The only way to get me interested in Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch is if they have the incestual vibe going on. The sheer madness of it... hahahahaaha

incest3.jpg

I wanna see how Middle America reacts to that.

Because the West and East Coasts would be perfectly down with incest storylines? :lol

Keep that shit out, thanks. There's only one man for Wanda, and he's a green robot.

TDLink

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exc...n-2?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So supposedly, the main villian in Guardians of the Galaxy is not Thanos, but...

ronan-gog-pics.jpg

Ronan the Accuser!

So the Kree will appear in the MCU, but no Skrulls? I guess the Chitauri will take their place?
Still Ronan was a badass in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series.
Having the Kree appear in the MCU could also open the door to Ms/Captain Marvel.

YES. This is a perfect choice because, well:

Ronan was the least interesting part of Annihilation. But if his appearance here is a prelude to a film adaptation of Annihilation, then yeah.

YES. Also:

Ronan would be AMAZING, and is a perfect foil for the Guardians of the Galaxy (cosmic lawman vs. ragtag criminals) - I'm on board.

Ronan the Accuser is an awesome pick for villain. Good way to introduce the Kree to the MCU.

YES.

Doesn't "McDuffie Rule" hold that only one of Black Panther and Falcon can appear in a movie with Ultimate Nick Fury?

Nah, they just won't have Falcon in Avengers 2. I am down for BP in A2. The screen testing hints seemed to indicate that would happen anyways.

Bring on Black Panther.

Bring on Ronan.

Bring on the Kree.

Bring on Annihilation.

Goddamn I love the MCU right now.

Top Bottom