• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

TDLink

According to Perez Hilton, Jeremy Renner will reprise his role as Hawkeye after all.

I never really had a doubt. The entire rumour seemed to be born from the re-negotiations rumours and Renner being the most expendable cast member. I enjoyed Renner as Hawkeye, they just need to give him some more stuff to do and not make him a dead-eyed henchman for half the movie.

Cynar

My friends, today a question occurred to me. Why is it that this is the closest thing we have to a dedicated comics discussion thread? Why can we not get something going on in Community? I was just reading Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 23 today and found out that Miles Morales' designated love interest is apparently
Kate Bishop
and I wanted to discuss my WTF reaction with GAF but have nowhere to do so.
Just don't read ultimate. You should've stopped at the death of Peter Parker. :p

exYle

I never really had a doubt. The entire rumour seemed to be born from the re-negotiations rumours and Renner being the most expendable cast member. I enjoyed Renner as Hawkeye, they just need to give him some more stuff to do and not make him a dead-eyed henchman for half the movie.

None of the main cast members had a lot of solitary, contemplative time. Hawkeye had his private moment with Black Widow, which is not much more than any other character after Coulson's "death". He also had many kickass moments just like the rest of the team.

I guess he didn't get to do much arguing with the other guys while Loki was screwing with everyone, but past that, I don't see how Renner got a raw deal at all. Unless he's not a fan of playing a villain?

J10

Banned
None of the main cast members had a lot of solitary, contemplative time. Hawkeye had his private moment with Black Widow, which is not much more than any other character after Coulson's "death". He also had many kickass moments just like the rest of the team.

I guess he didn't get to do much arguing with the other guys while Loki was screwing with everyone, but past that, I don't see how Renner got a raw deal at all. Unless he's not a fan of playing a villain?

I thought he was bad ass, but I could see his point though - it's not like he had a lot of character development to play with before The Avengers like the rest of the cast. He was in Thor as Hawkeye for 30 seconds. Then he kinda didn't get to play the character for most of The Avengers.

If I could add an additional ten minutes to the movie, I'd take five to flesh out the Chitauri a tiny bit, and the other five for more actual Hawkeye.

Sounds good to me. Hawkeye was mind-controlled most of the film it's not like Renner had much material to go with. In the later half of the film he had a lot of really cool stunts. Just needs more dialogue in Avengers 2.

Sounds good to me. Hawkeye was mind-controlled most of the film it's not like Renner had much material to go with. In the later half of the film he had a lot of really cool stunts. Just needs more dialogue in Avengers 2.

Yeah that article saying he was very likely let go because of badmouthing Marvel seemed kinda extreme because all he said was, "I'd love to play more of the real Hawkeye because I was mind controlled for most of the movie." Which hardly qualifies as badmouthing to me. Now if he pulled a Megan Fox and said Marvel was a bunch of Nazis for pulling a switcheroo on him, then I wouldn't be surprised at all. Good news though, the more consistency the better.

JdFoX187

Banned
It seems a lot of these blogs are just taking a fairly broad story about contract negotiations and trying to fabricate any sort of angle they can to get hits. Everything from ScarJo and Hemsworth bailing after their upcoming sequels to Renner being let go just reeks of "hey, maybe we can get some extra hits if we 'report' this and see what sticks."

It seems a lot of these blogs are just taking a fairly broad story about contract negotiations and trying to fabricate any sort of angle they can to get hits. Everything from ScarJo and Hemsworth bailing after their upcoming sequels to Renner being let go just reeks of "hey, maybe we can get some extra hits if we 'report' this and see what sticks."

Yep.

shira

Scream with happiness, right?

tumblr_m7k29kxmlu1r5st0i.gif

Renee doesn't play as hawkeye he just plays as "some guy"

Apparently has more in common with Ultimate Hawkguy. But I wouldn't know. The closest to the Ultimate universe "Avengers" I got was the animated movie.

Wasn't exactly a fan.

And then everything that ended it... well just fuck that entire thing. What the fuck was with Marvel during that era?

Mass death everywhere.

"Freeing the universe."

Then why the hell did you bind it to the old universe so tightly in the first place? Duh. Money and marketability.

His face looks so much older than 42. He looks like Shia LeBouff after 25 years as a farmer.

No that looks about 42. But more average person 42 than movie star 42. Average person that's lived hard. He does look a bit older than my cousin who is 42, but my cousin isn't helped much because of his hair loss.

Apparently has more in common with Ultimate Hawkguy. But I wouldn't know. The closest to the Ultimate universe "Avengers" I got was the animated movie.

Wasn't exactly a fan.

And then everything that ended it... well just fuck that entire thing. What the fuck was with Marvel during that era?

Mass death everywhere.

"Freeing the universe."

Then why the hell did you bind it to the old universe so tightly in the first place? Duh. Money and marketability.

Im (or I should say was) a big Ultimate Universe fan and other than wearing the same costume and having the same backstory Renner doesn't act like Ultimate Hawkeye. In the comics he has far more personality and is better developed.

Im (or I should say was) a big Ultimate Universe fan and other than wearing the same costume and having the same backstory Renner doesn't act like Ultimate Hawkeye. In the comics he has far more personality and is better developed.
I liked Ultimate X-Men occasionally.

I also thought Ultimate Spider-Man was fun. Ultimates I couldn't get into. And it all culminated in that Ultimatum thingy.

Thanks... but no... just no. Not for me.

Been saying it for a while in this thread and others, MCU will use JARVIS as the basis for the Ultron AI.

I'd be so sad if JARVIS was consumed by Ultron. So many feels.

They need to get Fraction to write all the parts with Hawkeye. That'd be great.

Or you know... don't have him brainwashed the entire movie. My favourite part with Hawkeye was the badassness at the end and "You and I remember Budapest very differently".

Cause that was all of Hawkeye we really got.

I'd be so sad if JARVIS was consumed by Ultron. So many feels.

They need to get Fraction to write all the parts with Hawkeye. That'd be great.

Or you know... don't have him brainwashed the entire movie. My favourite part with Hawkeye was the badassness at the end and "You and I remember Budapest very differently".

Cause that was all of Hawkeye we really got.

I like hawkeye in Avengers during the final battle where Thor said he had some business with Loki and Hawkeye was like 'oh yeah? get in the line'

TDLink

Hawkeye definitely got the short straw. He had about 20 minutes less screen time then all of the other main cast members. Until the final battle he didn't get to banter with the other cast members, which is where a lot of them really shined and partially why the movie was so good. In the action scenes he participated in during the first two acts (of which he was in less) he was brainwashed and essentially a mindless thug with no personality.

It wasn't until the final battle we finally got to see Renner's actual take on Hawkeye and the little we got was pretty good. That is why Renner made the comments he made, and rightfully so. Avengers 2 can now actually give us Hawkeye as more a part of the entire ensemble than just for the grand finale.

Wazzy

Banned
I can't stand Renner as Hawkeye. He was dull. I could put up with him if he wore some form of the comics costume but he hates it so there's very little chance of that.

Top Bottom