• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what the hell this is supposed to mean. From RDJ's currently ongoing Reddit AMA:

edit: the question -

FYI RDJ said Gibson "turned down" the offer, in the AMA and on twitter. But he said it was just an offhanded remark so he was never actually serious about the mel Gibson/iron man 4 thing.

Also his kid likes Hawkguy

Kid knows what's up

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
So it seems that the we get the Phase III Overview on NY CC?

There is no Marvel Studios panel at NYCC. So unless they're going to bury the announcement somewhere else, nothing's going to come out unless it's about Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil, or their cruddy cartoons.

BLACKLAC

Okay, confusing as fuck. So Mel is going to be involved with the MCU? That would have to be the case, correct? Why would the reveal of the phase 3 lineup answer any questions about Mel being involved with Downey on a project?

wtf

GAMEPROFF

Banned
There is no Marvel Studios panel at NYCC. So unless they're going to bury the announcement somewhere else, nothing's going to come out unless it's about Agents of SHIELD, Daredevil, or their cruddy cartoons.

Well that sucks. So curious what new franchises we get to the big screen.

Okay, confusing as fuck. So Mel is going to be involved with the MCU? That would have to be the case, correct? Why would the reveal of the phase 3 lineup answer any questions about Mel being involved with Downey on a project?

wtf

Mel Gibson to direct THANOS RISING confirmed

jmood88

wtf

Oh lord. Downey was just joking around with the Gibson thing.

Skab

wtf

RDJ does things besides Marvel movies, you know.

inky

Mel Gibson should play Idris Elba playing Michael Fassbender playing Asbestos Man.

Ugh, this joke is so old. ZzzzzzZZZzzzz
It should be Matthew McConaughey playing Mel Gibson Paying Idris Elba playing Fassbender playing Android Man.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
marvel-1.gif

Do you remeber the old Marvel Movie Logo (Loved the old one, the new is not as good for me...)?

I always felt like it was slightly different for each franchise... Am I right on this or was it always the same?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
marvel-1.gif

Do you remeber the old Marvel Movie Logo (Loved the old one, the new is not as good for me...)?

I always felt like it was slightly different for each franchise... Am I right on this or was it always the same?

Yea it changed for each movie, the panels flashing in the background would be from the comics related to that movie. I think the new one does this too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yea it changed for each movie, the panels flashing in the background would be from the comics related to that movie. I think the new one does this too.
To bad they are most time so fast and so zoomed in that nobody could research what stuff shows up.

Just to be complete, here a Gif of the new Marvel Studios Logo:
tumblr_mw7r5xRg3k1r1fbx7o3_400.gif

Quick

Banned
marvel-1.gif

ASM and X-Men: DOFP used that version, I'm pretty sure.

I think they only use the new logo for Marvel Studios properties.

Vibranium

Banned
But... they aren't horrible.

Anyway, I would assume Cap fought real Nazis at some point. The Russos mentioned in The Winter Soldier that Cap spent 3 years fighting in WWII (even though the first film made it seem more like 3 weeks) It's hard to believe he was fighting nothing but Hydra that whole time. I think the lack of actual Nazis had a lot to do with Hugo Weaving. I've read that he wasn't comfortable with that aspect of the character. My own personal opinion is that he probably realized that these supervillians have just as many fans as the heroes and he didn't want to trivialize things and make the Nazis seem cool.

These WWII HYDRA designs by Next Level Games for the First Avenger videogame is way more in line with an organization that spun off out of the Nazis. I would love to see flashbacks with HYDRA wearing uniforms similar to these. Marvel's costume design is usually quite good, I would like to see them play around with the MCU's 40's past a little more.

Vibranium

Banned
Hail HYDRA!

And Hail HYDRA to you sir! I've also been wondering how Red Skull will react to his organization being taken over by Zola and von Strucker when he comes back, that will be very interesting. I'd imagine Zola has become so attached to being the major leader, he won't want to give it up, especially since he is now in his AI form. We will see in Agent Carter how he worked in the shadows.

A personal guess of mine is the Skull actually won't be with HYDRA anymore. And I feel that they might use the Alexander Lukin shared body angle from Bru's run to explain his recasting.

J10

Banned
I would like it if all the phase 5 films were based around Skrull Avenger imposters positioning themselves for an impending invasion, but it wouldn't be revealed to the audience until the 5th Avengers film and have that be the Secret Invasion movie.

shield

Sooo with all those DC movie announcements I guess it's fair to assume Marvel will follow up with some news of their own soonish? Maybe Cap 3's official title or something.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Nah. MAHVEL doesn't have to play catch up like DC.
True, but they could do a big FU to DC by announcing Captain Marvel as a 2016 movie
pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom