• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT2| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

Feige gets production credit on every Marvel based movie.

Not quite. He hasn't been a producer on any of the X-Men films since the third one - I'm sure there are contractual reasons for what he does and doesn't get a producer credit on, but hell if I know what they are.

EDIT: Also, per IMDb, he was a producer on the first Amazing Spider-Man, but not the sequel.

Maybe Marvel and Fox finally worked out a deal.

Feige helps Fox expand the X-Universe, and Fox lets go of the Fantastic Four license.
I mean we can hope right? Fox doesn't really have the time or resources to do both effectively. X-men is massive and they are hardly doing a thing with it.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Michael K Williams wants to play Black Panther

black_panther_67324.jpg

AMUSIX

Michael K Williams wants to play Black Panther

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news_img/67324/black_panther_67324.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"It would depend on the script. I would definitely bring that quintessential New York City edge. You know, just a little bit of that grit."[/QUOTE]

....I'm sorry, but it really doesn't sound like he knows the character at all. NYC edge? grit? T'challa is high-born into a royal family, filled with duty, honor and a symbol of his people's culture.

Also, if you're pushing to get a role for Marvel, when asked if you grew up with the character, you don't reply, "Nah, man, I'm old school" and then list off the roster of the Justice League, as if Marvel doesn't have a history.

On a completely different note, heading into The Avengers, the comments of the movie essentially being "Iron Man 3" and "Tony Stark and friends" were pretty frequent. Of course, this was due to Thor, Hulk, and Cap movies performing so far below the Iron Man films. I really don't see the same thing happening with AoU, though I suppose it's already started, with things like the Entertainment Weekly cover.

Vibranium

Banned
Man, I can't believe they reused those horrible war Hydra soldier outfits on Agents of SHIELD (those goggles and scrunched up faces are ridiculous). For any future flashbacks to WW2 I want Marvel to redesign them, the commander outfits look great though. Use the game concept art or create some cool variant outfits with more of a Wolfenstein vibe.

Also, has Feige ever confirmed if Cap and the Howlers fought real Nazis? It cheapens things out if he didn't, I would hope that if Zemo Senior is used in a future movie he is actually under Hitler, but they can have him deal with HYDRA. And Red Skull was so nerfed in The First Avenger (watched it again the other day), when he comes back I want his xenophobic and racist nature to come out, that's part of his essence.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Man, I can't believe they reused those horrible war Hydra soldier outfits on Agents of SHIELD (those goggles and scrunched up faces are ridiculous). For any future flashbacks to WW2 I want Marvel to redesign them, the commander outfits look great though. Use the game concept art or create some cool variant outfits with more of a Wolfenstein vibe.

Also, has Feige ever confirmed if Cap and the Howlers fought real Nazis? It cheapens things out if he didn't, I would hope that if Zemo Senior is used in a future movie he is actually under Hitler, but they can have him deal with HYDRA. And Red Skull was so nerfed in The First Avenger (watched it again the other day), when he comes back I want his xenophobic and racist nature to come out, that's part of his essence.

But... they aren't horrible.

Anyway, I would assume Cap fought real Nazis at some point. The Russos mentioned in The Winter Soldier that Cap spent 3 years fighting in WWII (even though the first film made it seem more like 3 weeks) It's hard to believe he was fighting nothing but Hydra that whole time. I think the lack of actual Nazis had a lot to do with Hugo Weaving. I've read that he wasn't comfortable with that aspect of the character. My own personal opinion is that he probably realized that these supervillians have just as many fans as the heroes and he didn't want to trivialize things and make the Nazis seem cool.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Does anybody else expect another adaption of a Brubaker Story? I kinda expect Kronos and Aleksander Lukin to show up and hope they revive the Skull...

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
We can only hope. I sorely missed the Red Skull in Winter Soldier.

Without the war and legions of explosions to hide behind the Red Skull can't be the pg 13 friendly mad man villain anymore , all thats left is the racist, evil, demonic, monster that would sacrifice anyone or anything to get what he wants. He's evil in mortal form, he's not that in the MCU i dunno if they will do that Red Skull ever.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Without the war and legions of explosions to hide behind the Red Skull can't be the pg 13 friendly mad man villain anymore , all thats left is the racist, evil, demonic, monster that would sacrifice anyone or anything to get what he wants. He's evil in mortal form, he's not that in the MCU i dunno if they will do that Red Skull ever.
Yeah, maybe you are right on this... One of the disadvantages of the Disney Money...

Jonogunn

I wish they did with the first cap movie what the russo brothers did with the winter soldier. The Russos watched a lot of political thriller movies from the 70's and made cap fit that vision. It would have been better if the director took the same approach by making their furry movie more like the ww2 films out there.

We have all seen those ww2 movies and how they depict the war, the first cap movie didn't feel like that at all. I guess they wanna keep it more family fun though...

Still I would LOVE to see a serious grounded ww2 film with cap in it. Explore the darker themes of the war and the down time struggles

eastx

Agreed they won't do him as a hateful uber-Nazi. But he could have just adjusted his views. Honestly, Lukin could have unmasked himself at the end of Winter Soldier (and not died), and it would have worked fine. Red Skull, still ruthless and trying to take over the world, just with a more easily packagable message.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Agreed they won't do him as a hateful uber-Nazi. But he could have just adjusted his views. Honestly, Lukin could have unmasked himself at the end of Winter Soldier (and not died), and it would have worked fine. Red Skull, still ruthless and trying to take over the world, just with a more easily packagable message.

yeah you still get the maniac that think's he is better than others, but you do not get the all encompassing evil of the Nazi world view and ideology, that is what the Red Skull ultimately is, racism, hatred, refutation of objective truth and value, eugenics, genocide, infanticide, murder...you name it, he is its mortal image. On the scale of EVIL? its like Satan, Dormammu, Red Skull, Surtur. I wouldn't blink if you put Red Skull as a tie with Dormammu, honestly Surtur is just fuckin bad ass powerful and he hates Odin , but i dont even know if it goes beyond all that. Red Skull would fucking kill everyone of us in front of our families if he could and make the rest of us work in camps building machines to kill people on our perma ban list. I see that on screen...and that might be a rated R marvel movie.

richiek

Why Red Skull wasn't in Cap 2:

According to Joe Russo:

"I know we have a guy in a computer, but the tone we were chasing was sort of that conspiracy thriller. And we wanted to try and ground the movie as much as we could. And Red Skull, he’s a fantastical character and didn’t necessarily fit for Cap 2 and especially because it was about the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D. Certainly HYDRA exists and that’s his legacy, but there’s something interesting about the fact that his legacy outlived the skull. And they’re still dealing with the demons of it, but not necessarily him.”

So its kinda confirmed that he wont show up in Cap 3? :(

Nah. They are using Cap 3 to unleash Baron Zemo.

Please.

I am trying to will it into existence.

Start phase 4 with Thunderbolts and the after credits scene can be citizen v is actually red skull

Nah. Gotta be Zemo or bust. Use phase 4 to introduce new villains in each film, then have the after credits scene be the surviving villains joining up for their own team. Then make Avengers 4 have the Masters of Evil as the bad guys. Then you do Thunderbolts after that.

richiek

Marvels making big plans beyond Avengers 3, and its making Hollywood crazy

The most intriguing part of the article:

Sony, on the other hand, may be doing things the opposite way. While I can't get the confirmations I need to verify the story, I'm hearing that there are some very cool "Spider-Man" plans being discussed that would help Sony refocus their enormously important franchise while also opening up some connections in the onscreen Marvel movie universe that would blow fandom's minds. Will it work out? I don't know. I would love to be able to state for sure that it's happening. What seems clear from what I've heard is that Marvel wants to be able to play with all of their characters, and if they can make that work creatively and on a corporate level, they will, and that means the world gets bigger again.

If only...

avengers-with-spiderman-spider-man-to-join-the-avengers-big-announcement-coming.jpeg

The Sony ASM series is terrible. Keep that crap away from the MCU. If Marvel can take over production and reboot it as part of Phase 4, that would be a good way to keep the momentum going once some of the main stars start to leave after their contracts are up.

FROM THE STUDIO THAT BROUGHT YOU:

THOR
IRON MAN
CAPTAIN AMERICA
THE AVENGERS
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY...

MILES MORALES IS....
ULTIMATE SPIDER MAN

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Would be strange since Miles Morales is part of Sonys Deal Package.
When they licence someone, then Peter Parker.

Wont happen anyway.

Anth0ny

While I don't think it will happen any time soon, I am 100% sure that if Spidey does show up in an Avengers film, he will not resemble the Spidey we see in those terrible ASM films in any way besides maybe the actor who plays Peter Parker.

In other words, he'd be a well written character.

Not sure what the hell this is supposed to mean. From RDJ's currently ongoing Reddit AMA:

I have other projects in mind for Mel and I - sooner than later the Marvel Roster will be made public and all questions will be answered.

edit: the question -

Hello, Iron Man

You've spoken before about your willingness to re-don the Iron Man Armor if Mel Gibson was to direct. First of all, on a scale of 1 to 11 how serious were you? Secondly, what do you think Mel Gibson would bring to the Iron Man series and would you still consider returning if he does not direct?

FYI RDJ said Gibson "turned down" the offer, in the AMA and on twitter. But he said it was just an offhanded remark so he was never actually serious about the mel Gibson/iron man 4 thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom